www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Match day thread: Aston Villa V Sunderland... Sat August 29th 3:00 Kick Off

+9
GadgetMan
Sandie
Morddred
Kimbo
villabromsgrove
South London Villan
avfcff1982
Liberty
Chris Harte
13 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What will happen against Sunderland?

Match day thread: Aston Villa V Sunderland... Sat August 29th 3:00  Kick Off I_vote_lcap88%Match day thread: Aston Villa V Sunderland... Sat August 29th 3:00  Kick Off Empty 88% 
[ 7 ]
Match day thread: Aston Villa V Sunderland... Sat August 29th 3:00  Kick Off I_vote_lcap12%Match day thread: Aston Villa V Sunderland... Sat August 29th 3:00  Kick Off Empty 12% 
[ 1 ]
Match day thread: Aston Villa V Sunderland... Sat August 29th 3:00  Kick Off I_vote_lcap0%Match day thread: Aston Villa V Sunderland... Sat August 29th 3:00  Kick Off Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

Match day thread: Aston Villa V Sunderland... Sat August 29th 3:00  Kick Off Empty Match day thread: Aston Villa V Sunderland... Sat August 29th 3:00 Kick Off

Post by Sandie Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:39 pm

It goes without saying that this is a very important game. I think we've been difficult to judge so far in the premier league so a home game against a team who seem to be struggling will hopefully provide a good chance of three points and will tell us a lot about our new look team. If we struggle then there's cause for concern, if we beat them and look imperious we can have hope. I just hope Sunderland don't suddenly decide to get their shit together.

Another thing that goes without saying is that Gabby should be dropped. Sinclair can get goals and assists unlike Gabby as demonstrated (admittedly against lower league opposition) last night so I'd like to see him come in. Would also like to see a more attacking player come into midfield (well we are at home...). I think Veretout's probably the better shout though speaking to and reading comments on here from folk who were at the game he was a bit patchy. Would Sherwood be brave enough to start Gil?

I'm predicting a 2-1 win.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Match day thread: Aston Villa V Sunderland... Sat August 29th 3:00  Kick Off Empty Re: Match day thread: Aston Villa V Sunderland... Sat August 29th 3:00 Kick Off

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:58 pm

This is an absolute must win .... we'll probably have to score three goals to get three points!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Match day thread: Aston Villa V Sunderland... Sat August 29th 3:00  Kick Off Empty Re: Match day thread: Aston Villa V Sunderland... Sat August 29th 3:00 Kick Off

Post by Sandie Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:07 pm

Aye, Defoe got a hattrick last night, and he's someone who often seems to score against us.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:00 pm

I'm still waiting for an Adama injury update.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:55 pm

I can't really say anything that hasn't already been said. This is a must-win game. Sunderland, with the utmost respect, are gash.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:46 pm

I think Adama will miss out, so we'll see Grealish, Gil and Sinclair as our attacking front 3 and Gana, Westwood and Veretout in the midfield.

A must win game even at this early stage. Sunderland are really poor and we need a win against this lot. I think we'll get it too. UTV
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:16 am

Sunderland fans will be saying exactly the same as us. It could be a tough battle.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:07 pm

Sunderland have looked vulnerable at the back but with Defoe they have a proven goalscorer who will cause us problems given an opportunity.
Intrestingly Advocaat has been playing him out wide in the league.
I think that we have enough to beat them, we will concede but we will score more than them, I hope.
3-2 Villa, COYVB!
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:44 pm

Cant see anything else apart from a Villa win so I'm going for 3-1 as I don't think we can keep a clean sheet! half decent crowd 30K+

Liberty
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:24 pm

First off, Sandie you've got yourself a job with these match threads, you're doing a great job and giving VB a rest. Cheers, it's appreciated Match day thread: Aston Villa V Sunderland... Sat August 29th 3:00  Kick Off 4288271622 Match day thread: Aston Villa V Sunderland... Sat August 29th 3:00  Kick Off 2614569260

I'm going for a win, it's a must win too isn't it? 3-0 (note the clean sheet ha) and 3 points for us!! Onwards and upwards.

Now to try and guess the side, for me I hope Gabby misses out. Sinclair has done enough to warrant the Gabby role and some (maybe some time on the bench will make him realise how lucky he is, I've heard some right old stories about Mr Aston Villa)
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:12 pm

Apparently there is an illness bug affecting a number of the first team squad, similar to when we got beat by Arsenal in the league last season.
I think someone needs to review the hand washing facilities in the cafeteria!
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:14 pm

South London Villan wrote:Apparently there is an illness bug affecting a number of the first team squad, similar to when we got beat by Arsenal in the league last season.

Has this got something to do with Gabby's supposed comments on instagram or twitter? I'm trying to find out a bit more about this...
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:17 pm

South London Villan wrote:Apparently there is an illness bug affecting a number of the first team squad, similar to when we got beat by Arsenal in the league last season.
Dodgy frog's legs? scratch
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Morddred Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:26 pm

Must win game, we need to start getting a few points on the board or sphincters will start to get twitchy. Time to see if we can manage without Gabby, I don't get the hatred that's starting to build against him, I think he has just passed his sell by date.
Morddred
Morddred
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:48 pm

Fergal wrote:Must win game, we need to start getting a few points on the board or sphincters will start to get twitchy.  Time to see if we can manage without Gabby, I don't get the hatred that's starting to build against him, I think he has just passed his sell by date.

I don't see the point hating the guy, but he is way past his sell by date as you say. Apparently he put something on Instagram along the lines of "lots of Villa fans will finally get their wish time to..... with several "blowing smoke/air emojis"

What's he implying I wonder? Let's part ex him for Afobe!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next