www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All senior administrative management positions at AVFC

+2
GadgetMan
South London Villan
6 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

All senior administrative management positions at AVFC - Page 5 Empty Re: All senior administrative management positions at AVFC

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:13 pm

Wyness is a tough plain speaker, and from what I've read he doesn't suffer fools gladly. His football club knowledge and his ability to run a club is proven. He should do a no nonsense job.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

All senior administrative management positions at AVFC - Page 5 Empty Re: All senior administrative management positions at AVFC

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:28 am

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-hollis-departed-aston-villa-11486144?

I'd like to say thank you to Steve Hollis for being the single sane adult voice representing AVFC over the last few months.

I hope that the club are wise enough to use his services with regard to all local matters in the future. His knowledge of people and infrastructure in Birmingham is second to none, and if Dr T is serious about his local 'expansion' plans Hollis's knowledge and contacts will be invaluable.

All the best for a healthy and happy future Steve.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:51 pm

I think Steve Hollis will go down as a pivotal figure in our history in spite of his relatively short time with us. He's the man who steadied the ship and handled this sale.

Thanks Steve and good luck with your future endeavours.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:48 pm

It's rare for a Villa senior manager to be universally liked. I suppose that shows us that six month contracts are the way to go. All senior administrative management positions at AVFC - Page 5 3640643743
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:04 pm

And even then he had a difficult start.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:29 pm

Hollis did what he set out to do. That makes him unique in more recent Villa history.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:29 pm

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/keith-wyness-future-involvement-sir-11492623?

An interesting insight into how Wyness is currently thinking. He says that he's into continuity and given people a chance to prove themselves.

I'm pleased that Ellis will keep his President Emeritus title. Whatever fans think of him, he's been stalwart in his support of Villa during difficult times. As an elderly guy he deserves the recognition for his sheer durability in following the club.

The final paragraph of the interview seems to say that players can redeem themselves .... it's up to them.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:41 pm

The right call to make, IMO. Throughout Lerner's reign we saw the ex-owner at games far, far more often than we did the actual owner.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:09 pm

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:11 am

This seems to imply that Dr T is trying to bring in someone who has a proven track record at high level. I'll be interested to see who's appointed. Frank Arneson was always my idea of the right kind of technical director, with a comprehensive knowledge of football and players and a fat 'contacts book'.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:32 pm

villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:24 pm

Oh my. They're trying to repeat the setup we had with Garde.

Outside bet for relegation?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:52 pm

Sandie wrote:Oh my. They're trying to repeat the setup we had with Garde.

Outside bet for relegation?
If I was a Southampton fan I'd be furious and terrified .... both at the same time!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:59 am

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/supposed-appointment-spell-end-paddy-11567566

This looks like goodbye to Reilly. Stone does a similar job, and has worked with Di Matteo at MK Dons. He's spent the last six years at Southampton FC and their recruitment in that time has been excellent.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:01 pm

https://twitter.com/ajstone24

Here's Stone's Twitter page for confirmation.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next