www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond

+6
South London Villan
avfcff1982
Sandie
GadgetMan
villabromsgrove
Kimbo
10 posters

Page 1 of 67 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down

AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond Empty AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond

Post by GadgetMan Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:48 pm

You're in the right place if you wish to discuss the merits of Gabby (or not) or point out the next Jack Grealish (Or Luke Moore) You get the idea Very Happy
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond Empty Re: AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:03 pm

Sherwood has repeated that he sees Adama Traore as a project for later, even saying that hopefully we'll see him later in the season. He calls it "cooling the jets" on Adama.

Do we believe him? I would be surprised if he didn't feature from the bench at least. If he's good enough, he's old enough.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond Empty Re: AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:23 pm

Janoi Donacien has just gone out on loan to Wycombe Wanderers for a month. It'll do him good.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimbo Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:30 pm

I was quite happy to see that from Sherwood. The expectations on Adama do need to be managed.

Donacien - I thought he looked good again in pre-season, I am all for him getting loans. Plenty of defenders don't really look ready until their mid-20's, I still have faith in him.

Riccardo Calder looked good in pre-season too, he's a beast for a 19 year old. I really hope he gets a loan. I was never impressed with him as left wing but seeing him ploughing through opposing midfielders in pre-season made me realise he's clearly much better in the middle!
Kimbo
Kimbo
Private
Private

http://www.basementnoise.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:38 pm

Gardner signed a new deal today, which is interesting. Meant to be the next big thing a few years back but has never really done it for the first team and has had some nasty injuries. Whilst it's good to see him getting time to make an impression I can't think but wonder 3 years might be too long.

Would also like to talk about Kozak. I've always rated him to be honest but it seems like Sherwood doesn't. For me it's a shame he's behind Gabby in the pecking order as he's a more likely goalscorer. Maybe we'll see him move on before the closing of the window?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:10 pm

Sandie wrote:Gardner signed a new deal today, which is interesting. Meant to be the next big thing a few years back but has never really done it for the first team and has had some nasty injuries. Whilst it's good to see him getting time to make an impression I can't think but wonder 3 years might be too long.

Would also like to talk about Kozak. I've always rated him to be honest but it seems like Sherwood doesn't. For me it's a shame he's behind Gabby in the pecking order as he's a more likely goalscorer. Maybe we'll see him move on before the closing of the window?
We always keep saying that this will be Gardner's year and he keeps getting injured. A fully fit GG is a very useful player, but he needs to stay fit.

To be fair to him this injury was as a result of a stupid tackle, but he needs to get fit, stay fit, and impress Sherwood in training.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimbo Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:26 pm

It was an awful, awful tackle in pre-season that injured him. Such a shame, but at least it's nothing connected to what's kept him sidelined before.
Kimbo
Kimbo
Private
Private

http://www.basementnoise.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:36 am

Sherwood: Gabby still has a huge part to play

Tim Sherwood has spoken of the vital role Gabby Agbonlahor has at Villa.

Sherwood insists the 28-year-old, who has started all three Barclays Premier League games he's been available for, is crucial on the pitch - and off it too.

Agbonlahor is the longest-serving player in the claret and blue squad.

And Sherwood says that fact isn't lost on him as he looks to bed in a host of new starlets.

He said: "Gabby has got a huge part to play.

"We've bought a lot of new boys into this club and the likes of Gabby, Ciaran and Westy have got a crucial role to play for me in that dressing room this year.

"He's club captain. I don't underestimate the role he plays at this club.

"It's crucial for a manager to have some lieutenants.

"Gabby is one of them along with the other boys who have been around this club for a long time.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:22 am

Sandie wrote:Sherwood: Gabby still has a huge part to play

Tim Sherwood has spoken of the vital role Gabby Agbonlahor has at Villa.

Sherwood insists the 28-year-old, who has started all three Barclays Premier League games he's been available for, is crucial on the pitch - and off it too.

Agbonlahor is the longest-serving player in the claret and blue squad.

And Sherwood says that fact isn't lost on him as he looks to bed in a host of new starlets.

He said: "Gabby has got a huge part to play.

"We've bought a lot of new boys into this club and the likes of Gabby, Ciaran and Westy have got a crucial role to play for me in that dressing room this year.

"He's club captain. I don't underestimate the role he plays at this club.

"It's crucial for a manager to have some lieutenants.

"Gabby is one of them along with the other boys who have been around this club for a long time.
That sounds a bit like the dreaded vote of confidence for those three players. "Congratulations boys, you have a huge role to play in the dressing room this year." "What about on the pitch boss?" "Ermm, e'rr, I think I hear the phone ringing!"
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:05 pm

I wouldn't be unhappy seeing Gabby become an option from the bench, it's just starting him all the time that gets my goat.

I think those three divide our support like no other players do.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:47 am

Jordan Ayew scored a late winning goal for Ghana against the Congo. He needs to play regularly and we need to be patient with him.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:43 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Jordan Ayew scored a late winning goal for Ghana against the Congo. He needs to play regularly and we need to be patient with him.

Here it is, about 1.20 secs in. As you say, he just needs time to settle, yet to show anything in a Villa shirt, but clearly capable on the evidence of his form last season and for Ghana.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:38 pm

Without a striker in we need him and Gestede to come good and share the goal burden with Sinclair.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcff1982 Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:15 pm

Nothing wrong with that goal was there, a bit of confidence in his head and he'll be knocking them in for Villa soon, I have full faith in him.
avfcff1982
avfcff1982
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:39 pm

As Mr. Natterjack said in that impressive essay about the way Villa have to play with the squad we've got, it all hinges on Tim Sherwood recognising that three central middle fielders is blocking our creativity. If he plays with just Gana in the centre and uses a combination of Sinclair, Grealish, Vertout, Gil and Traore, with either Gestede or Ayew up front .... we're going to score goals.

The defence has to sort out it's error strewn leakiness, and TS has given us a good chance of doing that by bringing in Lescott and Tiago Ilori. I'm feeling positive if only Tim reads Mr. Natterjack's post! AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 67 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next