www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Villa players have you met?

+10
gdav
Obnoxious Lion
avfcff1982
Chris Harte
GadgetMan
Liberty
South London Villan
villabromsgrove
The Bald Eagle
Morddred
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What Villa players have you met? Empty What Villa players have you met?

Post by Morddred Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:46 pm

Who, where and what happened?
Morddred
Morddred
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

What Villa players have you met? Empty Re: What Villa players have you met?

Post by The Bald Eagle Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:25 pm

Derek Mountfield on a pre-season tour of Sweden. We ran round houses like kids playing Knock Off Ginger.
The Bald Eagle
The Bald Eagle
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:55 pm

I saw Jon Carew driving his Bugatti Veyron in Brum.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:06 am

Peter Withe's back garden backed on to ours in Dorridge.
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:02 am

Years ago, I drove a black cab round Birmingham and picked up Dalian Atkinson and female outside Liberty's Hagley Road and took him to a flat in Edgbaston.

drinking with God himself in Mere Green!

also, Big Ron + missus from Birmingham Airport to his pad in Barnt Green, top bloke and if I remember good tipper!

Liberty
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:29 am

Some good ones so far, good work.

I see many of the current crop weekly in my local supermarket (A lot of them live by me)

bumped into Laursen and Mellberg in Sainsburys about 2 hours after we'd beaten Blues 5-1 they had their club blazers in still and shopping for wine and snacks. The one and only time I've approached a footballer when shopping. I was with my two children and asked if they could sign my program (I'd been) Still have it and still love those two.

Some more random ones. Drank with Barry Bannan in Sutton (Told me he was off to Palace or Everton) Geoff Horsfield (in Flares ha) Got absolutely wrecked with Chris Price in Butlins watching England beat Greece when Beckham scored THAT goal. Watched a drunk Graeme Fenton get into a heated row over a burger in The Dome.

Ate dinner loads with Peter Bonetti (an oldie that some might not know, but a Chelsea legend I'm told) He is a family friend, so I've hung out with him a fair few times and scored past him What Villa players have you met? 1554986367 haha!

Most recently (March) sat next to Benteke in an Airport lounge as he was waiting to fly to Belgium.

In Four Oaks, you see a lot of footballers. I was stood next to Clark at the express checkouts a week or so back and i said to my lad, he earns about 25k a week (My lad has zero interest in football and was like, I still want to be a Doctor ha, good for him)
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:31 pm

I've encountered a few footballers in the past, mostly from the nineties, including five of them together in a strip club. Three were sound, one I didn't get near due to all the breasts in his face and another was utterly obnoxious (IMO).

Despite this, the wife can trump me. Before we'd met, she told Peter Withe at a friend's party that he wasn't famous!

Chris Harte
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:11 pm

Chris Harte wrote:I've encountered a few footballers in the past, mostly from the nineties, including five of them together in a strip club. Three were sound, one I didn't get near due to all the breasts in his face and another was utterly obnoxious (IMO).

Despite this, the wife can trump me. Before we'd met, she told Peter Withe at a friend's party that he wasn't famous!

I need to know more......Who's Peter Withe haha! I'm kidding, I'm kidding!! Very Happy

Interested to know/guess who the obnoxious one was, as well as one with the all the ladies!! Give us a clue.....
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:08 pm

Okay, but strictly no names.

One was known for playing with a smile. Scored a hat full of goals before moving on under a bit of a cloud with the then manager saying "If I'd got a gun, I'd have shot him."

The other signed from the Boggies under a cloud (at their end at least), had a nightmare debut versus Norwich and eventually went off to play on a much bigger stage.... at Middlesbrough.

I didn't say which was which, did I.....

Chris Harte
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:39 pm

Chris Harte wrote:Okay, but strictly no names.

One was known for playing with a smile. Scored a hat full of goals before moving on under a bit of a cloud with the then manager saying "If I'd got a gun, I'd have shot him."

The other signed from the Boggies under a cloud (at their end at least), had a nightmare debut versus Norwich and eventually went off to play on a much bigger stage.... at Middlesbrough.

I didn't say which was which, did I.....

Haha!! I can probably guess Very Happy Cool Cheers Chris!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcff1982 Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:53 pm

About 4 years ago had a very quick chat with Brian Little in Asda, Stafford, it was quick because he was with his missus & little un and looked like he was about to take a penalty in extra time.

Met and said how do to Ian Taylor in Sainsburys, Burton, when he was playing for us, no chat he looked in a hurry.

Really must stop stalking Villa players in supermarkets Mad

Met and had a good chat with Roy wood in B & Q, Uttoxeter, not a Villa player but said he'd talk to me with my Villa shirt on, even though he's a Blues fan, still a top bloke anyway Very Happy
avfcff1982
avfcff1982
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Lion Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:43 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
Chris Harte wrote:I've encountered a few footballers in the past, mostly from the nineties, including five of them together in a strip club. Three were sound, one I didn't get near due to all the breasts in his face and another was utterly obnoxious (IMO).

I need to know more......Who's Peter Withe haha! I'm kidding, I'm kidding!! Very Happy

Interested to know/guess who the obnoxious one was, as well as one with the all the ladies!! Give us a clue.....

It was me What Villa players have you met? 1777581109
Obnoxious Lion
Obnoxious Lion
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:49 pm

My dad & me used to go up to vp every year for villa Spurs payed for by one of our suppliers. One year we'd had a slight falling out with them due to a new rep being a bit of a tit so were treated to seats & a meal in the dircetors instead of holte suite & Ellis stand.
So as you could imagine it was full of ex players but on the way back to the bar at half time (after a few to many ales) I bump in to Jamie Rednapp (I know he's not villa) but after greating him like we were old mates we had a chat & he really is a lovely bloke seemed like he had plenty of time for you & didn't make his excuses & run as an aled up lad the as chewing his ear off.
Also I sat 3 seats behind Lerner and if I knew then what a useless clown he'd become I probably would of swung for him.
gdav
gdav
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:57 pm

Mine are quite boring compared to the others. I met Brad Friedel after a game once, really nice bloke with a sense of humour.

Another time I ended up in the Midlands when Villa were not playing and went to Walsall to see them play instead. Once there, my mate pointed out Gary Shaw sat a few rows away. I was too shy to go and mither him so not sure I should count it as a Villa player met.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:50 pm

Sandie wrote:Mine are quite boring compared to the others. I met Brad Friedel after a game once, really nice bloke with a sense of humour.

Another time I ended up in the Midlands when Villa were not playing and went to Walsall to see them play instead. Once there, my mate pointed out Gary Shaw sat a few rows away. I was too shy to go and mither him so not sure I should count it as a Villa player met.

They all count mate Very Happy My lad used to get coached by Gary Shaw who worked occasionally with his mate in Mere Green to run a school. Lovely bloke! Oh I frogot this one ha! I played footie with Des Bremner, until about two years ago I used to play every Thursday night up at Wyndley in Sutton and he was there every week on the opposing side of lads (and sometimes on my side) So not only have I tacked him, but I exchanged passes, brilliant, he was still good then. Made it all look so easy!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next