www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your favourite thing about AVFC?

+8
Jim Villan
South London Villan
Chris Harte
GadgetMan
Lionheart
Leafs1201
haden18
Admin
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What's your favourite thing about AVFC? Empty What's your favourite thing about AVFC?

Post by Admin Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:17 pm

It could be anything, there are so many reasons, but what is it you just LOVE about Villa?

Admin
Administrator

https://claretandbluearmy.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

What's your favourite thing about AVFC? Empty Re: What's your favourite thing about AVFC?

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:03 pm

If it wasn't for Villa there would be a huge hole in my life! What's your favourite thing about AVFC? 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

What's your favourite thing about AVFC? Empty Re: What's your favourite thing about AVFC?

Post by haden18 Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:15 pm

Has to be the name. Theres nothing like it. I try to imagine having been brought up a bluenose or a baggie and it just doesnt work the same. We are ASTON VILLA. Special.
haden18
haden18
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:30 pm

The name is iconic and unique .... Good shout.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:28 am

I also think the name for me, whilst there are many City's, United's, Rovers, Town's etc... There is only one Villa, just look at today's fixture Crystal Palace v Aston Villa, sounds kind of beautiful doesn't it lol Embarassed
Leafs1201
Leafs1201
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Lionheart Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:11 pm

The history, the name, the colours, even the name of the ground is special.
Lionheart
Lionheart
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:37 pm

You know when you meet the girl/boy of your dreams, your soulmate, that's how it feels for me. Whatever happens and whatever challenges we face, I'll still be there. As already said, The name is so beautifully iconic (symmetrical Gregory said) ASTON VILLA, we are Unique!! Nobody can take that away from us...
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:49 pm

There are many Uniteds, Citys and Albions, but Villa as a standalone name is unique in the professional game.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:09 pm

Being at our great Stadium. and that feeling of unadulterated joy when celebrating goal, hearing 44 thousand fans singing together at the top of their voices, the roar of the famous Holte end. A visceral experience like no other. Makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck without fail. LOVE IT.... bounce
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:24 pm

Aston Villa was passed on to me by my father. He would take me and my brother along with one of our Uncles.
The first game we went to was a pre-season friendly in the new North Stand, against FC Twente Enschede.
It was like coming home, the magical stories our father had told us of great men, Pongo Waring, Charlie Aitken and others were based here.
The floodlights got me A V floodlights that you could see from the M6, my brother and I used to try and be the first to see them on our trips to Scotland, visiting grandparents, shouting out "Villa Park"
Our friends would be jealous that we had Villa, their parents gave them nothing or Liverpool, but they had no affinity, just short lived glory. We had an institution and passion. We had Aston Villa.
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:27 pm

Jim Villan wrote:Being at our great Stadium. and that feeling of unadulterated joy when celebrating goal, hearing 44 thousand fans singing together at the top of their voices, the roar of the famous Holte end. A visceral experience like no other. Makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck without fail. LOVE IT.... bounce
Do you get to feel all that in hospitality Jim! (insider knowledge!) Very Happy
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:31 pm

I remember the crowd surges in the Holte Lower. They could make even a dour match seem exciting as a sea of bodies surfed the tiers for a near miss. What's your favourite thing about AVFC? 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:49 pm

Yes of course VB, sometimes a prawn sandwich or two can get dropped in all the excitment, but it's the price you pay, I guess!! Wink
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:52 am

Jim Villan wrote:Yes of course VB, sometimes a prawn sandwich or two can get dropped in all the excitment, but it's the price you pay, I guess!! Wink
What's your favourite thing about AVFC? 4288271622
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Knighty5 Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:56 pm

Been with the Mrs over 20 years, she's says you love the Villa more than me, in my defense I knew my beloved football team many years before knowing her.
Nothing takes greater pride than following your local side that was passed on to you through many generations.Aston Villa is unique in so many ways.

Knighty5
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next