www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I suppose we should have a match thread... AVFC V Southampton

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I suppose we should have a match thread... AVFC V Southampton Empty I suppose we should have a match thread... AVFC V Southampton

Post by Sandie Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:21 pm

It's really pointless now as we all know that it will be a joyless experience witnessing the same bunch of failures toil aimlessly and effortlessly for 90 minutes but it's a Villa board so we have to pay some kind of lip service to Saturday's pointless match.

I'd make some kind of joke about us slaying Southampton with an unexpected dose of total football but we all know it won't happen and it cuts too close to the bone. 2-0 to Southampton.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

I suppose we should have a match thread... AVFC V Southampton Empty Re: I suppose we should have a match thread... AVFC V Southampton

Post by Chris Harte Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:18 am

Please pick Gabby and Lescott.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

I suppose we should have a match thread... AVFC V Southampton Empty Re: I suppose we should have a match thread... AVFC V Southampton

Post by GadgetMan Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:35 pm

Chris Harte wrote:Please pick Gabby and Lescott.

Haha! Would certainly make for a lively crowd. I'm going for a demoralising and pretty similar team/performance as all the others. 3-1 Southampton. A goal for Rudy Gestede off the bench.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:36 pm

I don't think we'll see Gabby but Bacuna, Richardson and Lescott will all be present. I don't think Black recognises that those three are a big part of the problem. Instead he falls out with players who'd probably do better like Okore.

Still, gives people someone to boooooooooooooooo.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:49 pm

10 mins or so until the teams are announced. I wonder whether Black will show some courage and mix it up a bit. The least I'm expecting is a good performance from them now the "weight has been lifted" Ha!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:03 pm

Meh:
I suppose we should have a match thread... AVFC V Southampton Meh10

Subs: Veretout, Gil, Bunn, Lyden, Gestede, Grealish, Toner.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:19 pm

Oh dear Eric.........why oh why. Another turgid 90 mins await.

I'm torn here with using the kids as given the toxic atmosphere, is it the best environment to blood youngsters? Probably not, but surely one or two, or a change in formation, just something different.

1-3 Saints sadly (not that it really matters, just another record to break)
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:00 pm

The atmosphere would be a lot less toxic if kids played instead of players like Bacuna, Richards, Lescott etc. Those guys are a big reason for fan unhappiness.

But I'm sure now that the weight has been lifted from these players shoulders these failures will want to surprise us with us a performance. HA!
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:44 pm

I got distracted, was originally going to post this after the first goal but excellent defending from Lescott there. Really showing the kind of commitment he promised us after the weight was lifted. Same again for the second.

Call himself a Villa fan? We've had Bluenoses on the books who've put in more professional regular performances. Send him to the glue factory.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:48 pm

Southampton defending as badly as us there. Were it not for Lescott being utterly useless this might be a game and we'd have had something to cheer.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:59 pm

Deary me, just what were Bacuna and Lescott thinking? Deserve every single boo they get.

Bacuna giving it the big I am as he walked off to a fan too, that will help you Mr Champions League.

Let's hope there aren't any potential suitors there today, or they'll be frightened off.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:01 pm

Bacuna is more Scottish Championship than European Champions League. At least everywhere other than his own mind.

Richards has been cack too.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:27 pm

What a terrible lot we are. Happy for Westwood though, largely underrated and get's a lot of stick. Give me a team of him over the likes of Bacuna, Lescott and co.

Reports suggesting Pearson to Villa is a DONE deal.

Edit: That's a Forest Echo Journo and a few other sources like Collymore saying we spoke to him last week. We spoke to him before then I heard, but things were put on hold. lets see...
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:03 pm

Ignore that, it's either a fake account or a very unpopular Journo. Nothing to see today re Pearson haha!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:04 pm

Westwood tried, which puts him one up on the rest of the team. Maybe the Championship will suit him.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next