www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread

+14
danclare82
Chris Harte
Obnoxious Lion
Sandie
South London Villan
Andyvilla80
villabromsgrove
Jim Villan
gdav
GadgetMan
ClarrieBlue
haden18
stevieg179avfc
Kimbo
18 posters

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31

Go down

Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread - Page 31 Empty Re: Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:19 pm

I think Micah may have to look for a move to the MFL. His cavalier defending last season won't have gone unnoticed. In his defence you could say that playing between Hutton and Clark last season was enough to confuse anyone.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread - Page 31 Empty Re: Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread

Post by Sandie Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:57 pm

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:16 pm

I'm not unhappy with that. Maybe it will help us avoid playing too many defensive midfielders.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:07 pm

Gueye is one of the players on a long list who i won't mind to leave. We can get decent money for him, he's not the complete midfielder we need. This will make the likes of Gardner and Thsbola feel like they have a crucial role to play for us this season.
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:14 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I'm not unhappy with that. Maybe it will help us avoid playing too many defensive midfielders.

Aye, we just need to get rid of Westwood and Sanchez too and we're golden.

I agree that, impressive as some felt him to be last season, Gueye is no great loss to the cause.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:47 pm

Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread - Page 31 Gueye10
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:04 am

Wyness saying "we do not welcome any interest" which is probably true .... Dr Tony saying on twitter that we can't stop him going if he wants to leave, which is absolutely true.

VB's saying that Gueye does not score or assist and has looked totally disinterested for some time.

I'm pretty sure that if no one buys him we will set up with both Gueye and Westwood as the core of our team, which could ruin our season.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:26 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:VB's saying that Gueye does not score or assist and has looked totally disinterested for some time.

And VB's right. We need more craft in midfield and Gueye only takes a berth from a more creative player or more successful defensive midfielder.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:38 pm

Sandie wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:VB's saying that Gueye does not score or assist and has looked totally disinterested for some time.

And VB's right. We need more craft in midfield and Gueye only takes a berth from a more creative player or more successful defensive midfielder.
You and I should run this Villa team Sandie. We need Mr N as Technical Director though. Jim can be Director of Positivity. cheers Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread - Page 31 205019816 Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread - Page 31 3640643743 .
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:44 pm

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:07 am

Gestede is a proven Championship goalscorer, who needs decent supply in order to score. Buying a new striker will be a total waste of money until we address the huge problem of supply and assists. Gestede got castigated on fan forums after the Boro match, but he was left totally isolated and without one decent ball in 90 minutes.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:03 pm

I agree with you on Gestede but we have already had two managers who've refused to play to Gestede's strengths and RDM looks like a third. I don't think he wants to play in a way that revolves around lumping the ball up to a big striker. Even if he did we don't have a player, maybe other than Amavi, who can deliver a quality cross. With that in mind, perhaps we need to seek out a striker who has more ability with the ball on the ground?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:27 pm

Sandie wrote:I agree with you on Gestede but we have already had two managers who've refused to play to Gestede's strengths and RDM looks like a third. I don't think he wants to play in a way that revolves around lumping the ball up to a big striker. Even if he did we don't have a player, maybe other than Amavi, who can deliver a quality cross. With that in mind, perhaps we need to seek out a striker who has more ability with the ball on the ground?
We've got one of those in Jordan Ayew, but inexplicably he's being played as a fairly deep lying midfielder. He's picking up most of his own ball on the half way line! We have to sign a quality winger, but it seems as though we're looking at a central midfielder. Our narrow style of play apart from using 'wing backs' will kill us. I know that RDM has never been keen on using a big striker, but we are in the Championship, and Gestede does know how to score goals in this league. We have to get balls into the box to strikers or we're in trouble. We could buy a brilliant striker, but he will fail without supply, and that is totally absent at the moment.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:06 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/05/west-brom-sold-to-chinese-investment-group/

Does this remind you guys of anyone .... Landscaper, eco cities etc? Tony's already put out a twitter about "acquiring toys".
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:12 am

It's all a very similar story. Like ourselves and Wolves they get linked to well known billionaires, in Albion's case Wang Jianlin, and the eventual buyer turns out to be someone far less well known. This guy seems to have a similar background to Dr. X and is making similar noises about growing the club in China. A professional rival?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31