www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton V Aston Villa: Saturday 21st November at 3PM

5 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What will happen at Goodison Park?

Everton V Aston Villa: Saturday 21st November at 3PM I_vote_lcap40%Everton V Aston Villa: Saturday 21st November at 3PM Empty 40% 
[ 2 ]
Everton V Aston Villa: Saturday 21st November at 3PM I_vote_lcap0%Everton V Aston Villa: Saturday 21st November at 3PM Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Everton V Aston Villa: Saturday 21st November at 3PM I_vote_lcap60%Everton V Aston Villa: Saturday 21st November at 3PM Empty 60% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Everton V Aston Villa: Saturday 21st November at 3PM Empty Everton V Aston Villa: Saturday 21st November at 3PM

Post by Sandie Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:10 pm

The international break is soon to be over and this means, thank god!, we will be returning to Premier League action. After our dismal start we embarked upon the Remi Revolution and went into the break on something of a high with a competent draw against Manchester City. But our dire league position means that we need to sustain this and get even more against the league's lower teams like Everton.

So far this season Everton are being Everton, they're in the lower levels of the top 10 and they are getting a mixed bag of results from superb wins down to 'well I'd have thought they'd do a bit better there' results. That was how it was under David Moyes and it is how they are under Roberto Martinez albeit with somewhat more attractive play. We'd kill to be them after the past five or six seasons. So it won't be an easy game but we may just get something from it.

So what do we expect? Who do we want to play? With Amavi now out for the season who do we want at left back?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Everton V Aston Villa: Saturday 21st November at 3PM Empty Re: Everton V Aston Villa: Saturday 21st November at 3PM

Post by Sandie Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:36 pm

I'm going for a 2-1 Villa win.

Gil and Sinclair to score for us.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Everton V Aston Villa: Saturday 21st November at 3PM Empty Re: Everton V Aston Villa: Saturday 21st November at 3PM

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:30 am

I'm hoping that we'll go with a more solid defensive back line in the absence of our one truly creative wing back. I can see us battling to a draw, but Everton are better organised than us, and Garde will not have had enough coaching time yet to match them. If we get anything it will be through spirit and a touch of luck. I'll go for a 0-0 or a 1-1, but that's with my heart rather than my head.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:02 pm

Who should play left back?

I really don't rate Richardson in that position. Maybe someone out of position like Clark? N'Zogbia has experience of playing there...
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:59 pm

Hutton could do a purely defensive job on the left, but I think Garde would be unsure of replacing him at RB with either Okore or Crespo. Ilori has played LB but Lescott is probably going to come into the role, or play at CB to move Clark into LB. That could work well at Goodison Park this weekend. I hope Remi has seen enough of Richardson to realise that giving him the role would weaken us.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:32 am

I'm just starting to get switched on for this match after the peculiar limbo of the last few days. C'mon you Villa boys! Everton V Aston Villa: Saturday 21st November at 3PM 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:03 pm

I'm excited, we'll get the chance to see Garde's work after a few more weeks effort on the training ground. Quite different from the trepidation I felt ahead of each game towards the end of the Sherwood era.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:46 pm

Sandie wrote:I'm excited, we'll get the chance to see Garde's work after a few more weeks effort on the training ground. Quite different from the trepidation I felt ahead of each game towards the end of the Sherwood era.
It's good to have a manager who's trying to win a game, instead of a clown who's just trying to make a "political" point about our owner and administrators.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:33 pm

Cleverley is back for Everton. Will he make a difference to them?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:52 pm

Sandie wrote:Cleverley is back for Everton. Will he make a difference to them?
It will make midfield a high tempo battle. I'm sure we'll be up for it. We need luck as well as 100% commitment.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:58 pm

Gabby is still injured for this. I wonder if he has an injury or an 'injury'?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:16 pm

Sandie wrote:Gabby is still injured for this. I wonder if he has an injury or an 'injury'?
I think that Gabby's calf and thigh injuries are a product of 'sprinters syndrome'. The fast twitch muscles that are predominant in sprinters become fragile after years of use. Gabby didn't help his long term future when he 'bulked up' under instruction from MON. I believe his injuries are now of the continuing niggly kind, and it will definitely reduce the role he plays.

If he was two stone lighter he would possibly extend his career, but then again the damage has probably been done. It's a shame that a guy who had all the advantages physically hasn't got more to show in terms of goals and results.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:46 pm

Paul Merson doesn't think we've got a chance against Everton .... which I find strangely encouraging. Very Happy
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:19 pm

Lawro also thinks we're going to lose 2-0. Let's hope we can prove these guys wrong. Everton V Aston Villa: Saturday 21st November at 3PM 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:31 pm

If those two told me it was going to rain tomorrow I'd venture out in a T-Shirt and shorts. So very encouraging indeed!
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next