www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Championship and Aston Villa

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Championship and Aston Villa - Page 3 Empty Re: The Championship and Aston Villa

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:42 pm

That's a good point about fans missing their annual "mental wind down" from being a Villa fan. Up until yesterday the nerves were still taut with the knowledge that it could all go t*ts up. I think I need to chill and enjoy the next few days and weeks without too many expectations. The Championship and Aston Villa - Page 3 4288271622
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

The Championship and Aston Villa - Page 3 Empty Re: The Championship and Aston Villa

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:38 pm

There's not a lot happening at the moment. The takeover's complete Tony is our new owner and chairman, Roberto the new manager, but any action seems to be on hold until after the players return and are re evaluated at the Austrian training camp.

I hope that we sign up Tommy Elphick asap, so that he can be at pre season training having the positive effect that someone with his character and personality should have.

I think we may well find that at least initially RDM/SC will see some players differently to the way supporters view them. I'm sure there'll be plenty to debate on this issue. RDM has said that he doesn't want to be asked about what happened last season because he wasn't here. That possibly leaves the door open for one or two of our 'problem characters'.

What do you guys think are the main issues to be confronted and dealt with by our new manager, before we become a Championship unit capable of winning matches?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:08 pm

The lack of discipline amongst the players would be number one for me. I have a feeling that in a few cases if RDM doesn't lance particular boils they'll come back to haunt him down the line. Others might mend their ways, especially if other bad apples are thrown out of the barrel. I hope RDM realises that some people have been trouble under several managers and others just aren't good enough any more.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:46 pm

I'm wary of players busting a gut until the transfer window closes and then returning to their 50% effort and their comfortable boys club ways. It's going to be difficult for RDM/SC to spot the slackers early on.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:11 pm

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:59 pm

This would be huge for Wolves if it happens. I hope it does because Wolves deserve it. They've languished way below where they deserve to be. Robin Li is minted.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:58 pm

Aye, Wolves are a bigger club than the likes of Albion and Blues but have spent more time out of the limelight in recent seasons than those two have. I've seen some suggestion that Li is also pursuing a takeover at AC Milan so might be envisioning a set up where Wolves act as a feeder or development club for them whereas we are going to be the parent club in Xia's set up.

It is interesting to see two supposedly wealthy Chinese owners pursuing the purchase of Championship clubs. Also the seasonal reports of Peace selling the Baggies to far east investors have re-surfaced so that could be three Midlands clubs becoming Chinese owned.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:18 am

I think Tony Xi may be more focussed than Robin Li when it comes to his individual input. However there is no denying Robin Li's financial clout, should he be inclined to exercise it.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:58 pm

One team that probably won't be challenging for promotion are after one of our shittest players in living memory: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-analysis-you-need-11575516
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:51 pm

Sandie wrote:One team that probably won't be challenging for promotion are after one of our shittest players in living memory: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-analysis-you-need-11575516
There would be two matches this season when Villa fans could remind him that he's not very good! The Championship and Aston Villa - Page 3 3640643743
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3