www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr. Tony Xia.

+7
Ivan Kraschinsky
Mr Natterjack
Jim Villan
South London Villan
Villa1345
lukevilla
GadgetMan
11 posters

Page 8 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Go down

Dr. Tony Xia. - Page 8 Empty Re: Dr. Tony Xia.

Post by Villa1345 Mon May 23, 2016 6:03 pm

Larry Ellison does have an interest in sport. The Oracle sailing team? Wont he US cup for a few years in a row i think.
Not sure why he'd want villa though.

UTV

Villa1345
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon May 23, 2016 6:12 pm

Ellison loves his sailing and his vintage fighter planes, but to my knowledge he's never had an interest in football, and he wouldn't be bidding for us as an investment would he? I seem to remember someone asking his spokesman about a link with AVFC two years ago. The answer was "Villa who, never heard of them"?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon May 23, 2016 6:15 pm

You never know that question might have put us on his radar?

But, yes, I'm with you. I don't think he'd have been after us. Unless it was someone else at Oracle driving the bid (Ellison is no longer CEO).
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon May 23, 2016 6:27 pm

Sandie wrote:You never know that question might have put us on his radar?

But, yes, I'm with you. I don't think he'd have been after us. Unless it was someone else at Oracle driving the bid (Ellison is no longer CEO).
Maybe his spokesman has been promoted then .... good thinking! Dr. Tony Xia. - Page 8 3640643743
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon May 23, 2016 10:14 pm

So are we totally writing off the article in which Xia himself seems to allude to it coming down to him or the Oracle Corp? or is he or the journalist lying? If it's true I'm not sure it should be easily dismissed, it could say a lot about the extent of Xia's bid and plan to impress Hollis and Lerner not to sell to a fellow American with a much more transparent presence.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon May 23, 2016 10:42 pm

I think it's obvious that Xia's plans blew their socks off regardless of who he was up against in the bidding process. The Oracle thing is not a direct quote, it may be the journos putting their own spin on something based on press speculation.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue May 24, 2016 9:59 am

Sandie wrote:I think it's obvious that Xia's plans blew their socks off regardless of who he was up against in the bidding process. The Oracle thing is not a direct quote, it may be the journos putting their own spin on something based on press speculation.
I think this is the probable explanation as regards the Oracle "quote". It's more likely background to the interview when it was re written by the guy named at the bottom of the article.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue May 24, 2016 1:57 pm

yes I think you guys are right, the Journo has a few direct quotes and then seemed to of wedged the Oracle but into the article amongst the "Xia said" lines. Misleading....
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue May 24, 2016 4:35 pm

Found this on Recon, signed a partnership agreement with a Swiss Space system company who look to deliver small satellites into space amongst over things. This happened later part of last year. Something else the group (who don't exist) are involved in. Where are they getting their cash from? Social media say he has non and is a 'dodgy foreign fraud' Dr. Tony Xia. - Page 8 3679068969 Dr. Tony Xia. - Page 8 1745778295

http://www.s-3.ch/en/home/2015/10/27/the-chinese-company-recon-s3-have-signed-a-strategic-cooperation-agreement-to-develop-low-cost-orbit-satellite-delivery

GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue May 24, 2016 4:51 pm

I think everybody just needs to settle their nerves by all means. Dig and speculate but there's seems to be a bit of (quite possibly basis worrying).
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue May 24, 2016 10:51 pm

Interesting interview here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/24/aston-villa-new-owner-lines-up-roberto-di-matteo-and-prepares-to/

Xia’s background had come ­under scrutiny after he was named as the prospective owner for Villa, particularly over allegations that he had fabricated his academic record.

But the Harvard graduate said it was “insane” that such accusations were made.

He said the episode, which blew up in the Chinese media several years ago, had caused him to maintain his privacy – and was one of the reasons why his wealth is not as ­visible as many of China’s business elite.

Xia occasionally revealed a shy, edgy side as he repeatedly refused to put a figure on how much he is worth, saying the only thing that was important was that he is wealthy enough to be a “responsible” owner for Villa.

He had also attracted attention in the media over his political connections, which he said he developed by advising scores of city mayors across China on planning projects.

“I do have a very good personal connections with all the government officials,” he said.

“But one thing for me, I never get too close with the politics or politicians. I get all my business just by very healthy and legal ways.”

So that's his explanation for the privacy around his wealth.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Wed May 25, 2016 12:01 am

people moan that hes going to rename villa park and then he says hes not going to rename villa park people moan lol!

maybe he got told that there were quite a few people were against it or maybe he got misquoted!

i dont mind him getting questioned by villa fans due to Samuelson but it seems that theirs a lot of people going for small digs at him at every chance they get which is disappointing.

lukevilla
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed May 25, 2016 12:56 pm

Another interview with Xia here: https://www.facebook.com/cnninternational/
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed May 25, 2016 1:24 pm

I can only praise Xia's willingness to keep speaking to the press in the face of such disproportionate speculation. He could insist on interviews being in his native tongue, yet he speaks in English as it is more personal given he's buying us (an English club) and yet he is then criticised for having very poor English. I think some fans are being bang out of order here. I'm embarrassed for our club and fan base with some of the stuff and accusations I've read. I'm surprised he's not already thought "this isn't worth the hassle" It's astonishing I have to say. I don't know whether it's what the last 6 years have done to the fans or whether there is a little xenophobia at work here. I'm honestly staggered by what I've read on social media, the guy literally can't win whatever he does or says.

This deal needs to get done asap and onto the real work of actually being able to get stuff done. Why is that CNN interviewer focusing on the same BS that has been rehashed for a week? Why not ask him who is part of the deal, who will be on the board etc, as opposed to saying "how much are you worth" it's bloody shocking and crass. We would like to know his net worth, but we aren't entitled to know it.

I'm really disappointed with how this is all being received in the UK. A real shame and I hope he proves a LOT of people wrong.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed May 25, 2016 1:37 pm

I agree that there's a bit of xenophobia (even racism at play) to be honest. There were a bit too many Aston Virra jokes going round after the takeover for my liking. I think there is this perception from some in the UK that Chinese = dodgy when in reality there is far more money floating around there than in the UK or US.

I think he probably keeps his distance from it and isn't aware of a lot that's being said.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum