www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr. Tony Xia.

+7
Ivan Kraschinsky
Mr Natterjack
Jim Villan
South London Villan
Villa1345
lukevilla
GadgetMan
11 posters

Page 9 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 23  Next

Go down

Dr. Tony Xia. - Page 9 Empty Re: Dr. Tony Xia.

Post by villabromsgrove Wed May 25, 2016 1:38 pm

I agree with you GM.

Fair play to Tony Zia for continuing to allow "crass" interviewers to insult him without snapping. I think most of us would have told these blinkered interviewers to go and do one!

We have to wait and see what happens, before jumping to conclusions. Natural concern for the club we love is one thing, but the xenophobic edge to some quite slanderous criticism is out of order.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed May 25, 2016 1:42 pm

I don't think the whole Carson Yeung thing helps either.

Is this negativity coming from a majority of Tweeters or just a vocal minority?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed May 25, 2016 1:51 pm

Sandie wrote:I don't think the whole Carson Yeung thing helps either.

Is this negativity coming from a majority of Tweeters or just a vocal minority?

There's a LOT of it on the #avfc TL on Twitter and elsewhere on the internet. I do wonder whether an unknown Westerner would be interrogated and frankly insulted in this manner. I'm quite annoyed by it. Shows us in a very bad light. Yes we have concerns and want to make sure the club is going to someone trust worthy, but insulting him because his spoken English isn't up to scratch in some people's eyes (the same people that say he should speak and allay concerns) is just too much. This group of 'fans' Will never be happy, be it RL, a new owner, a manager, the badge anything and everything to have a moan about. I've read things like "The Chinese can't be trusted" WTF?! How can you insult an entire population?!

If it were me I'd be pulling out and saying "you don't deserve my investment" I guess the balanced view is to hope that the social media view isn't representative of a whole fan base and more about a vocal bunch of keyboard warriors. Let's just hope Dr Xia doesn't read Twitter Shocked

GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed May 25, 2016 2:11 pm

Another interview https://youtu.be/2joCPxSWjjY

The guy looks really weary in this one. I think his team and also Hollis need to help him out a bit in truth. He's been really accommodating and trying to speak in his second language about very specific questions isn't helping convey the message. People are ridiculing him for his English and then not understanding the message. He'd be better off getting an interpreter to explain the finer points, however I think he's trying to be really respectful by doing the interviews in English. The guy isn't used to the cameras and attention that is clear and he's very nervous too. Other need to help out, I guess as he's not been approved yet he can't get other members of his team to speak up, but Hollis could.

VB you touched on this a few days ago, a joint statement. If this is going to drag on a while then the poor chap can't be expected to be rolled out in front of the press everyday. Hollis could get a lot more info across in one interview.

Credentionals aside, this chap seems very amenable and as I said trying to be very accommodating due to all the speculation. I think now it's time to let Hollis speak and get the manager appointed and for him to give an indication as to when the deal will be ratified and possibly clarify some of the areas of concern. I really feel sorry for the poor chap.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed May 25, 2016 2:46 pm

I think Tony Xia needs to say "No more interviews". Written press updates through Hollis will cover all we need to know until a manager is in place, and Tony Xia is officially the new Villa owner.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed May 25, 2016 3:16 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I think Tony Xia needs to say "No more interviews". Written press updates through Hollis will cover all we need to know until a manager is in place, and Tony Xia is officially the new Villa owner.

Yep been accommodating enough, time to leave it there and as you say written updates only. Just read he was angry and offended by comparisons to Carson Yeung. He said "I'm nothing like him" It looks like all the speculation has really hit him hard and caught him by surprise.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed May 25, 2016 3:16 pm

I think he needs a spokesman. Someone to be to face of the business and to eloquently answer questions on his behalf. It would suit him as he's a private guy.

If Wyness or Samuelson are involved why can't they do Xia's talking for him?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed May 25, 2016 8:54 pm

Sandie wrote:I think he needs a spokesman. Someone to be to face of the business and to eloquently answer questions on his behalf. It would suit him as he's a private guy.

If Wyness or Samuelson are involved why can't they do Xia's talking for him?

I'm guessing as they haven't been formally named? I'd imagine once ratified Wyness will be the 'voice' The thing is, the press have gone after him and I guess as he's not wanted to cast further doubt over his credentials he's obliged. I hope he now says No to anymore and waits until he is in the UK with his team next to him to help out a little. The guy looks like he hasn't slept in the last week.

When we announce the manager which I think will be Friday, Hollis as acting chairman has a duty to speak up to some degree. I do wonder what he and Lerner have thought of the last 7 days and if they're happy with how it's gone, or if they even care? is it now a case of the deal is done so that's his 'crap' to deal with. Xia has been in a lose lose. Speak up and open the floodgates to more questions and demands (as has happened) or don't speak and get accused of hiding. Now is the time to say, no more interviews until the deal is done and then I'll fully explain the vision, introduce my team and everything else. He needs a Media guy asap. I'd appoint one of the best in the game and get a slick presentation moving forward. I think the level of interest has really thrown him.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed May 25, 2016 10:57 pm

I agree. I think a PR offensive will be required once the Is are dotted and the Ts crossed.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu May 26, 2016 9:57 am

Everything has been said that can be said until something new happens. We will have to wait for a new manager, a new board, new players. There will be plenty to discuss, but for now we have to be patient and give the guy some breathing space.

villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu May 26, 2016 12:00 pm

An interesting read on Chinese business and how it makes sense to acquire a club, with the focus being on Dr Xia purchase.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/international/can-asian-tycoons-score/2811560.html
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte Thu May 26, 2016 1:24 pm

I've spent the best part of a week avoiding fora and news articles about Villa since doubts were cast about Dr Xia.

I still don't have enough knowledge to say whether he will be good or bad for the club, but what I do know is that I have the utmost respect for someone trying to respond to questions in an interview in anything other than their native tongue.

From what little I've heard of him in an interview, I'd say that he has a strong accent, but also that his standard of English is very good.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu May 26, 2016 1:26 pm

GadgetMan wrote:An interesting read on Chinese business and how it makes sense to acquire a club, with the focus being on Dr Xia purchase.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/international/can-asian-tycoons-score/2811560.html
I think Tony Xia has got into the game before prices start to go through the roof. AVFC's circumstances make it a cheap and sensible buy if it's managed correctly from now on.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu May 26, 2016 1:32 pm

Chris Harte wrote:I've spent the best part of a week avoiding fora and news articles about Villa since doubts were cast about Dr Xia.

I still don't have enough knowledge to say whether he will be good or bad for the club, but what I do know is that I have the utmost respect for someone trying to respond to questions in an interview in anything other than their native tongue.

From what little I've heard of him in an interview, I'd say that he has a strong accent, but also that his standard of English is very good.
I think you've been wise staying away from it Chris. I agree that TX speaks very good English. I guess he hasn't had the need to use it much until very recently and you can get rusty very quickly. I used to speak fairly fluent French, but I'm as rusty as hell now! Very Happy
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu May 26, 2016 3:04 pm

He was at Harvard 10-15 years ago and in his business career will probably have worked almost exclusively in China since then so agree that his language skills will quite easily have got rusty.

Anyway, it's 34 years ago today that we won the European Cup. Dr. Xia seems to want to return this club to that level. Could we win the highest honours again? Happy Rotterdam Day everyone all the same.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum