www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr. Tony Xia.

+7
Ivan Kraschinsky
Mr Natterjack
Jim Villan
South London Villan
Villa1345
lukevilla
GadgetMan
11 posters

Page 16 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

Dr. Tony Xia. - Page 16 Empty Re: Dr. Tony Xia.

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:58 pm

I noticed (browsing elsewhere) that Chris Samuelson's name has been removed from the AVFC board of directors on the official site. Tracy Gu has been named on the board instead. Any one fill in some background? I can't find anything after a brief search.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:01 pm

I read something in dispatches on Twitter about someone failling the Fit and Proper persons test. What I missed is whether it was Samuelson, whether it was established fact or whether they had seen the same thing as you and put two and two together and come up with s number that wasn't necessarily 4.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:06 pm

I've just found an article in the Mail saying the directors were accepted so not sure the above is accurate. Samuelson is listed as a director here: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10176070/officers having resigned and then been re-appointed (to allow a change of correspondence address, I guess?).
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:56 pm

It's Banfill who supposedly failed the Fit and Proper Persons Test. Again, not sure this is accurate.

Another observation, when Xia's board "passed" the fit and proper persons test there was another name, Andrew Oblensky, who worked with Samuelson at Reading. He still is yet to hold an AVFC/Recon directorship in spite of being a member of the putative board.

There's been a few on the #avfc Twitter feed who have maintained that Samuelson is the actual owner and seem to think that this adds fuel to their fire. Isn't it as likely that Xia has taken them out of the picture when he's found that there have been these question marks over them?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:19 am

Samuelson has been appointed to the board of Recon Sports (20th July) but removed from the AVFC board. Banfil is named as a director of VicVilla Health food co. The amount of appointments/resignations to various Dr T companies is dizzying at the moment. I'm sure it's just business, but not as we're used to seeing it.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:25 am

Andrew Oblensky has had an interesting career recently. Check it out.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:07 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I noticed (browsing elsewhere) that Chris Samuelson's name has been removed from the AVFC board of directors on the official site. Tracy Gu has been named on the board instead. Any one fill in some background? I can't find anything after a brief search.
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-who-new-director-11674840?

The Birmingham Mail has answered my question. Thankyou BM. Dr. Tony Xia. - Page 16 4288271622
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:16 pm

Looks to me like she'll be in place to liaise between the board and staff and probably look to fill some of the holes left by the redundancies.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:48 pm

villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:01 pm

I'm starting to wonder whether Xia's openness is refreshing or embarrassing.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:04 pm

This one is definitely embarrassing. The problem is that apart from Wyness (who's on twitter as well) there's no one to tell Tony to pack it in.

villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:39 pm

He'll pack it in if we have a slow start to the season. He'll end up being so much of a target if that happens especially if our tame transfer business doesn't liven up.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:09 pm

I love Tony's 'fan type' enthusiasm, but he needs to understand that he must not incite fans to behave badly, even if he thinks such behaviour is deserved.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:25 pm

A fairly good opinion piece on Xia's tweets: http://www.thevillablogger.com/dr-xias-tweets-dont-do-it-for-me/

There's quite a divide on Twitter over them and a lot of the people coming down on Xia's side are taking the view that "well some people are never happy, they complained about Lerner's non-communication and now they complain about Xia's efforts to reach out". That's a fairly naive approach for me and ignores that there's actually a middle ground between Lerner's (later on) and Xia's approaches. A rather wide and huge middle ground, in fact. I also think a lot of people have forgotten the early days of Lerner. He was in fact a very enthusiastic custodian himself. Just read this (badly formatted, I apologise) article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-509428/Randy-Lerner--right-sort-American.html where we hear of Lerner walking into pubs and buying everybody a drink or wandering around Villa Park post game and chatting to people. There was also the General who came on to H&V and VT to answer fans questions for a few years. So there isn't really a wide dualism between the two of them in their early days.

However, I've never cared too much about communication. I want to be shown, rather than told. Frankly, I couldn't care if Dr. X never said a word and left everything to Wyness or whoever so long as the club was performing strongly. Frankly, I think most other fans wouldn't care about communication too in that case. It's only when the team is doing badly or when everything's up in the air (as it is now) that people get fussed.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:26 pm

Dr Tony is at it again. He's entitled to his opinion, but he should not be giving it in such a juvenile and loutish manner.

In fact as owner of AVFC he should rise above criticism and keep away from twitter. We may get a hell of a lot of sh*t thrown at us over the next few weeks and months, because the media are waiting to pounce on the 'fallen big boys'. The last thing we need is for our owner to get drawn into a storm of abuse. If he doesn't close his twitter account it's a case of not IF but WHEN it happens.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum