www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr. Tony Xia.

+7
Ivan Kraschinsky
Mr Natterjack
Jim Villan
South London Villan
Villa1345
lukevilla
GadgetMan
11 posters

Page 17 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

Dr. Tony Xia. - Page 17 Empty Re: Dr. Tony Xia.

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:36 pm

http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7521202

I've added Jon Fear's (Vital Villa) views on Dr Tony 's twitter posts. I often agree with JF's opinion on these sort of matters, and I think he's spot on with his synopsis in this case.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:08 pm

A good article there. I don't like to say it but how much longer do we think this will last? I can see the tweets stopping if there's a couple of adverse results early on in the season.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:45 am

Sandie wrote:A good article there. I don't like to say it but how much longer do we think this will last? I can see the tweets stopping if there's a couple of adverse results early on in the season.
I think Tony will close his twitter account in the next day or two. If he doesn't then he's not as intelligent as I thought. He should put his thoughts on the official site as and when he wants to say something. He could call it 'Dr Tony's Blog' to personalise it, and he wouldn't face the possibility of losing his temper in embarrassing schoolboy arguments on a daily basis.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:40 pm

i agree with what these 2 people say tbh.

http://www.tftmedia.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/astonvillareview_157.mp3

hope you dont mind me posting the link.

lukevilla
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:06 am

Thanks for sharing that. I agree that they give a good measured view of the Xia twitter situation. They're right to suggest it is a bit small time/tin pot. The interesting thing is the entirely plausible suggestion that it's not really him but some apparatchik within the club. Which begs the question of "why?" as it's starting to prove embarrassing.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:33 am

i think the best thing is for him to close his twitter account and just make comments on the Chinese version of twitter as that stops him responding to people questions etc.

lukevilla
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:34 am

lukevilla wrote:i think the best thing is for him to close his twitter account and just make comments on the Chinese version of twitter as that stops him responding to people questions etc.
That's a good plan for Tony. Stick to Weibo.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:31 pm

If he has to communicate with us it needs to be polished and professional.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:05 pm

We need Tony to stay super enthusiastic but without the faux pas. I still think a regular blog on the official site would be his best channel of communication. His posts could be proof read before posting to avoid banana skins.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:26 am

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2016/08/13/chairman-talks-at-bodymoor?

This impresses me. Dr T is used to leading projects, and his 'business' approach to the players may well pay dividends. Villa's problems are down to belief and mentality as well as personnel, so if our owner can make them feel part of something important we could see some improvement.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:40 am

Hopefully it can inspire them on a bit.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:28 am

In the Premier League our players had hugely cosseted lifestyles which they only had to step outside of for 90 minutes a week. During those 90 minutes no amount of money could help them, and their soft underbellies got us relegated.

We need a team of individuals who are used to fighting for each other and the club, not players who are there just to pick up a wheelbarrow full of cash. We need Balls not Bentleys.

Dr T seems to realise that, and he now appears to be leading RDM towards a much stronger mental solution. The weeks of assessment and second chances have to give way to battling our way out of this division with players of real character.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:30 pm

Sorry guys, I'm going to disagree with you all Cool Very Happy I LOVE Dr Xia on Twitter (as I just said elsewhere) yes he's made a few howlers and will probably make a few more however he's breathed a new sense of enthusiasm and passion into a very very badly hurt fan base. I don't believe he will continue to post as regularly in the coming months, but for now (for me at least) it's exactly what this abandoned and seemingly unloved club needs. As long as the words are matched by actions then keep going.

He's clearly very eccentric and I'm ok with that. The total opposite of studious Lerner approach, but look where that got us.......

I think it's the modern way, social media is where it's at and yes he may need to tone it down and back off a little in the coming months. Right now though, shout from the rooftops how much you love villa and how great a club we are. It's just what the Dr ordered Dr. Tony Xia. - Page 17 4288271622 Dr. Tony Xia. - Page 17 205019816 Dr. Tony Xia. - Page 17 1554986367
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:51 pm

Bennett's not happy about it:
Dr. Tony Xia. - Page 17 Bennet10

Good reply:
Dr. Tony Xia. - Page 17 Bennet11
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:41 am

I Agree with you GM, great to have an owner who is galvanising the fanbase and promoting/defending us at every given opportunity, at the moment is all being backed up by actions. I think we have the Very best and capable owner, I really do. Having translated paragraph by paragraph of a recon interview Tony did about a week ago Tony has an incredibly clear plan 3 stage plan

1. Basic restructuring putting management teams in place, Squad overhaul and a mentality change throughout the club.

2. Development of modern management approaches and implementing the technical footballing framework for aston villa in the years ahead, this will involve a larger operation that will see us expand our academy to AUS, US India and Europe. Phase 2 will be heavily reliant on our return to the premier league, phase two is likely to involve stadia redevelopment.

3. Global/Commericial Devlopment  

The final phase of the plan will see us to try to gain the kind of commercial contracts in line with the biggest european football clubs, this will be achieved through utilising global markets particularly China, this will be achieved through purchase of TV and media rights to Premier league in China which will help to promote Villa to the Chinese middle class- additional Commercial revenues can be achieved through the population of AVFC-Kit sales etc.

Summary of Summer

DR tony has got off to one hell of a start :phase one-putting the basics place:

An appointment of a very experienced proven CEO with a footballing background.

A comprehensive overhaul of the squad, mainly with championship ready players who are leaders. A extremely experienced management team has been put in place who will help nurture and instil the correct mentality and purpose in the players for the battle ahead.

Tracy Gu has joined, who is very much highly respected operations expert in China, very much a person who can get things done, just think-  A better looking female version of Paul Faulkner or maybe Karen Brady:D I think she will drive club operations, overseeing ticketing improvements, club shop stock improvements, match day experience, day to day running of the club will all be improved by Tracy Gu.

Our technical director will be joining us next week, Tony suggested in the Recon interview that it will be the current FA'S director of elite development, Dan Ashworth. He will be brought in to develop a  style of play and footballing ethos at the football club. He will do this through working with the academy, overhauling our scouting network, utilising technical analytical data to improve performance, creating a clear coherent recruitment plan, inline with year to year fiscal budgeting etc.  

Galvanising a fanbase through enhance social media output.

I like all fans will wait to see wether Tony's visions and plans will come to fruition. The plans will count for nothing, if we can't get out of the championship, in a timely manner. However as fans we just need to enjoy Villa a bit more and fell proud once again and get behind the team as much as possible.I believe we are in the very best hands, and if I was a betting man, I wouldn't bet against Big Tone failing!!
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum