www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All senior administrative management positions at AVFC

+2
GadgetMan
South London Villan
6 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

All senior administrative management positions at AVFC - Page 3 Empty Re: All senior administrative management positions at AVFC

Post by GadgetMan Tue May 24, 2016 2:10 pm

I questioned Gregg Evans on the executive chairman role. Told him it's actually a CEO position and we had that with Wyness and today it's changed to deputy chairman, funny that.

I think we just have to trust Dr Xia judgement and give these guys a chance. You can rake up mud on anyone if you look for it. Samuleson hasn't done anything illegal and Madjedski sanctioned the loan (Samuelson was the finder) and the fact they couldn't pay it back was there own tough luck. It gets to the stage where you can start questioning everything and anyone with only a fraction of the full picture. We have no choice at this stage to trust Hollis/Lerner and the incoming owner, not to mention the Owners and directors test being done by the Premier League AND the Football League. If they all pass then we have to give them a chance to see how they perform.

Trust someone until they give you reason not too, is my motto.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

All senior administrative management positions at AVFC - Page 3 Empty Re: All senior administrative management positions at AVFC

Post by Sandie Tue May 24, 2016 2:30 pm

GadgetMan wrote:not to mention the Owners and directors test being done by the Premier League AND the Football League. If they all pass then we have to give them a chance to see how they perform.

This will be key. If there are any serious issues with Samuelson that have emerged since his time at Reading then he won't pass.

I had thought the article was sufficiently detailed (talk of a deputy chairman etc) to have some kind of inside track but if it's really just a case of them being corrected on something then the rest can easily be picked up from fan speculation after the names on the shirts. If that's the source they've forgotten Cook or whatever the other (possibly partial) name was.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue May 24, 2016 3:12 pm

I think most of this discussion is driven by the photo of the 'shirts' in the dressing room at BMH. Journos haven't added a single fact or quote to their stories. It's just speculation which has caused us to make judgements on some potentially emotive future decisions.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue May 24, 2016 4:41 pm

Sandie wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:not to mention the Owners and directors test being done by the Premier League AND the Football League. If they all pass then we have to give them a chance to see how they perform.

This will be key. If there are any serious issues with Samuelson that have emerged since his time at Reading then he won't pass.

I had thought the article was sufficiently detailed (talk of a deputy chairman etc) to have some kind of inside track but if it's really just a case of them being corrected on something then the rest can easily be picked up from fan speculation after the names on the shirts. If that's the source they've forgotten Cook or whatever the other (possibly partial) name was.

There was another name too that was completely blocked by the photo and one where you can just see the letter A, take a look...

All senior administrative management positions at AVFC - Page 3 Ciwmkj11

Incidentally I don't believe the Mail have the inside scoop on anything, it would be nice to have the local press 'in' with the club, but since Mat Kendrick stepped away to be online editor, the actual on the ground reporting has been poor imo and rarely do they actually 'report' just rehash or link to other articles. That photo has been out there since last Wednesday and it's taken nearly a week for the press to start joining up a few simple dots that we did the same night. Quite poor really, given it's their job.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue May 24, 2016 4:49 pm

Did we ever find out who the guy he's with was?

It's not Wyness or Samuelson.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue May 24, 2016 5:03 pm

Sandie wrote:Did we ever find out who the guy he's with was?

It's not Wyness or Samuelson.

No, not sure who he is, could be anyone one of those on the shirts that we can't see. Can't find a pic of Banfill
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue May 24, 2016 7:51 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
Sandie wrote:

There was another name too that was completely blocked by the photo and one where you can just see the letter A, take a look...

All senior administrative management positions at AVFC - Page 3 Ciwmkj11

Incidentally I don't believe the Mail have the inside scoop on anything, it would be nice to have the local press 'in' with the club, but since Mat Kendrick stepped away to be online editor, the actual on the ground reporting has been poor imo and rarely do they actually 'report' just rehash or link to other articles. That photo has been out there since last Wednesday and it's taken nearly a week for the press to start joining up a few simple dots that we did the same night. Quite poor really, given it's their job.
I'm always pleased when another piece of the jigsaw fits .... The A on shirt number 20 is Adama Traore. They only cleared a few pegs. Very Happy

I'm not going to claim a finders fee for that. I saw it while browsing another site. All senior administrative management positions at AVFC - Page 3 3640643743
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu May 26, 2016 10:06 am

In all the interviews with Tony Xia it's all been "show us the money". The interviews have been so narrowly targeted that we know nothing about the new board and senior management positions, apart from speculation about one "fun" photo in the dressing room at BMH.

I'm surprised that more specific info hasn't slipped out between the sale announcement and now.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu May 26, 2016 12:11 pm

The journos have been too busy chasing and hounding the poor guy over who he is and his wealth to actually ask any real questions. I'd have been saying "What is the makeup of your board and who will be involved" Perhaps that was off the agenda and not allowed to be talked about? Maybe that is something he wants to announce when over in the uk. Let's see, defo an interesting one to look forward too.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue May 31, 2016 6:54 pm

I'm just bumping this thread because it's going to get busy in the next few days! All senior administrative management positions at AVFC - Page 3 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:08 pm

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/voice-aston-villa-announces-departure-11421230?

I'm promoting Captain Jack just this once to a senior Villa position. I know it's fashionable to rubbish Jack, but I love the guy. He's not particular brilliant at his job and he knows it, but he's one of the nicest and most generous people that Villa have employed. I've sat next to him at reserve games, and pointed out to him that he's sat on his phone lead and disconnected himself. I've worked with him at the kit launch with my son's band, and I've stood chatting with him aimlessly in the carpark. Jack is Villa through and through, and I'll miss him .... I won't miss the commentaries so much as the man .... Luv yer Jack!

Thanks for the memories.All senior administrative management positions at AVFC - Page 3 2614569260
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:21 pm

Good luck to him. He could be a bit cringeworthy at times but all the best to him for his future career.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:30 pm

lukevilla
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:54 pm

So never was Cook then. Begs the question of who Hook is...
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:54 pm

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum