www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager

4 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager - Page 8 Empty Re: Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:54 pm

Sandie wrote:I wonder if Clarke is fancying an audition for the role? He's managed before and has been mentioned as a contender.
I think Clarke would know by now that he's a coach rather than a manager.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager - Page 8 Empty Re: Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager

Post by Sandie Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:00 pm

I'm not championing him but his record as a first team manager is not that bad. He got the Albion to their highest position since football was invented in 1992, though I recall his style of play wasn't popular (like every manager they had before and since) and they went backwards in his second season. He then went to Reading which is far from a well run club.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:01 pm

Sandie wrote:I'm not championing him but his record as a first team manager is not that bad. He got the Albion to their highest position since football was invented in 1992, though I recall his style of play wasn't popular (like every manager they had before and since) and they went backwards in his second season. He then went to Reading which is far from a well run club.
I would love to know who did what at both BMH and VP, and how much input SC/KB had. The body language of both Clarke and Bond suggested to me that RDM saw them as completely subordinate employees. I can't remember seeing any animation on the touchline from either of them, it was very much the Di Matteo show.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:35 pm

I suspect that's what the situation was. Coaching staff has to be a team and the manager has to trust and respect their opinion. As far as I'm aware RDM had never worked with Clarke or Bond before which wasn't a good sign in retrospect.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8