www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager

4 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager - Page 2 Empty Re: Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager

Post by Sandie Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:55 pm

Indeed. I just hope he isn't too serious about the clean slates for everyone mentioned at the end of the piece. The Gabbys, Lescotts and Bacunas don't deserve them especially if judged on ability.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager - Page 2 Empty Re: Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:03 pm

I think that Di Matteo will have come in with an open mind. I hope he reads enough dossiers previously compiled by the club to realise the poisonous effect that several of our players have at BMH. While these players remain we will never be far from player power rearing it's ugly head.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:56 am

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:58 am

Black left in the middle of May. The official site got onto it straight away. Very Happy
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:16 pm

You know, I probably celebrated him leaving back then too?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:20 pm

The guy was an idiot, who had a big opinion of himself! Not a good combination.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:35 pm

RDM: "Aston Villa a house that needed to be knocked down"

He's right of course though he does seem to flip flop from that soundbite when he says that it's unfair to judge the players on the last 12 months. It seems like he's got a long list of players he wants rid of but is trying to avoid saying "Well he's crap, he's a disruptive influence etc" so as not to cause them to become impossible to be rid of.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:35 pm

Sandie wrote:RDM: "Aston Villa a house that needed to be knocked down"

He's right of course though he does seem to flip flop from that soundbite when he says that it's unfair to judge the players on the last 12 months. It seems like he's got a long list of players he wants rid of but is trying to avoid saying "Well he's crap, he's a disruptive influence etc" so as not to cause them to become impossible to be rid of.
The headline is right, but as you say the rest is wishy washy. RDM cannot give proven malcontents another chance if he wants to totally change the team psychology. You don't begin rebuilding a house by retaining dodgy foundations.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:44 pm

There's a lot riding on Roberto Di Matteo's shoulders at the moment. It's not often I agree with stories in the Birmingham Mail, but their blogger Alex Berwick has got this article just about spot on.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-blog-theres-more-11663498?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:06 pm

That's a good summary of RDM's situation. From what we've seen in pre-season so far I'm not sure he's completely got to grips with it yet, though maybe that belies what has gone on behind closed doors.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:34 pm

Sandie wrote:That's a good summary of RDM's situation. From what we've seen in pre-season so far I'm not sure he's completely got to grips with it yet, though maybe that belies what has gone on behind closed doors.
I hope you're right about things going on behind closed doors Sandie. If we've only just reached the point where he's sorted out who he wants to keep and who he wants to go, then we're way off the pace.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:38 pm

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2016/07/29/boro-press-conference

Nothing that we didn't already know, but RDM is sounding confident. Does he really feel it though?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:42 am

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-two-year-plan-11697246?

I'm doing a lot of 'copy and pasting' this morning, but I think this is the first time that I've heard RDM acknowledge the 'known' dressing room problems, albeit in a generalised way. It's a good little interview.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:25 pm

That's the kind of thing I want to read. RDM has kept quiet so far this summer perhaps because he and his coaches are working so hard behind the scenes. I think taking a two year strategy is sensible because of the mess we were left in. We can't solve all our problems overnight. My opinion has always been that the playoffs should be the goal this season then if we don't make it we target automatic promotion in the second season. Consequently, I think we can't possibly sort everything this summer but we still have a lot that can be done over the next four weeks.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:31 am

Now is the time for RDM and his coaching team to stand up and be counted. He has shifted 15 players and brought in 9 players, 7 of them are experienced Championship top end players.

Only Newcastle has an arguably better squad of first team players. RDM needs to design a system that gets the best out of every player, which means that he'll have to adapt his favoured method of playing football. Keeping it tight and narrow is no longer and option, we have to play with width and concentrate on getting the ball into the box rather than possession based slow build ups.

We now have an abundance of goal scoring potential, we have to develop a supply route to assist seventy plus goals in our next 41 games.

It's your time to shine Roberto. Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager - Page 2 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next