www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'The Sale of Aston Villa FC' Countdown Thread: Now Sold!

+8
villabromsgrove
South London Villan
Morddred
Kimbo
Chris Harte
GadgetMan
danclare82
Leafs1201
12 posters

Page 31 of 62 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 46 ... 62  Next

Go down

'The Sale of Aston Villa FC' Countdown Thread: Now Sold! - Page 31 Empty Re: 'The Sale of Aston Villa FC' Countdown Thread: Now Sold!

Post by Sandie Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:31 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:We should boycott Randy Lerner's Villa totally. No more match tickets, no more merchandise, just a huge empty space until this man sells AVFC. Let him have the damaged carcass that he's created, and let him stand totally alone in the shattered ruins that are a monument to his crazed neglect.

The worst thing is that he's totally insulated from things. He's sat there in the Hamptons and I'm not sure he cares. Sat there on a huge pile of money offering minimum wage workers redundancies and dashing the hopes and dreams of tens of thousands of supporters. We had started to hope that he would be kept away from things completely but now he seems to be involved sufficiently to completely piss off two board members - people who fans had started to rest their hopes on for the rebuilding of the club.

Meanwhile, BBC WM are apparently saying that the party extensive talks with is Wang Jianlin. He's Chairman of the Dalian Wanda property group and worth $30billion. And it's almost certainly just bait to get people to phone.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

'The Sale of Aston Villa FC' Countdown Thread: Now Sold! - Page 31 Empty Re: 'The Sale of Aston Villa FC' Countdown Thread: Now Sold!

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:47 pm

http://www.financeasia.com/News/407321,what-if8230wanda-bought-aston-villa.aspx

I read this article a few days ago. I wonder whether someone at BBC WM did as well?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:57 pm

Lerner's actions or inaction of the last few days have single handedly destroyed (sabotaged?) Villa's chances of bouncing back next season. Now our only hope is that a sale of the club happens quickly. Even if it does, unless the new owner is super savvy and super rich, we are going to be way behind where we might have been under Bernstein and King's radical reforms.

Lerner has to be the worst person to have ever been associated with Villa in it's entire history. Take a bow you spineless waste of space.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:15 pm

I'm deeply upset by today's events. I'm going to bed saddened by the knowledge that even good, well meaning and talented individuals like Bernstein and King, are no match for the enormous stupidity displayed at every opportunity by our owner.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:57 pm

Today has been depressing in the extreme. I had genuinely thought we had hit rock bottom with the meek surrendering of our league status. Today has proved me utterly wrong. The worst thing is that I'm now thinking this is still not rock bottom. There's a new story breaking at 11. It's on the front page of tomorrow's sun. What has happened today is not sufficient for that so I'm thinking a new scandal.

I think you are right about what you say about Lerner. No other figure will go down in our history as badly or engender so much hatred in the future.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:27 am

Hollis has to step into the breach today. We near a clear statement on what has happened at AVFC over the last 48 hours. We also need to hear that Gabby has been sacked.

If Lerner has cancelled Bernstein's /King's review and radical plan because the club is being sold, we need to know.

If Randy would not support the plan financially, we need to know.

If Lerner still wants to make key decisions in his usual (disastrous) way, we need to know.

If we don't get a full run down on this latest and utterly catastrophic debacle, then every Villa fan should contact the club and make it clear that we're turning our backs on Villa while Lerner continues to be the owner.

A total boycott .... it's the only way forward.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:50 am

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alarming-questions-raised-david-bernstein-11205549?

A thought provoking article by Matt Kendrick. He's only hypothesising like the rest of us, but he does ask questions that we need answers to.

villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:54 am

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-statement-suggests-summer-11207033?

Another take on Villa's statement, this time by the Mail's business editor.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:43 pm

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-could-move-you-11207631

I'm quoting the Mail a lot today, but this article highlights the damage that our clown of a "custodian" is causing. What's next Randy, Villa to enter the local five a side league instead of the Championship, to cut down on the size of the squad?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:13 pm

Total boycott is the only way to ram home the message. Would be great if all the fansites social media villa groups, local newspapers ex villa players could unite and rise up against an owner who is single handedly destroying the club at a alarming speed now. Its time for fan power. A total boycott of a game would really resonate. All the fans should go to Villa park but stay outside the ground. This would send a very powerfully message to Randy Lerner and would show how passionate the Villa fans are. It also wouldnt hinder our desperate need for someone to buy the club. The amount of Media coverage a total boycott could have would put is in teh spotlight.

Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:18 pm

Would it be worth one of you guys contacting other fansites ect in attempt to unify a protest effort? I also think that as much as Stan collymore Pollarizes opinion there is no doubting the mans passion and strong truthful opinions regarding how Aston VIlla has been ran over the past 5 years. It Would be brilliant if we could Stan on board to push and publicise a Boycott. In terms of Ex villains he easily has the most public reach.
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:33 pm

Do you guys think something like this could work. I Just feel its all well a godd us all complaining and constantly feeling exasperated by the totally missmangement and neglect by Randy Lerner, but without us get off our arses and doing something about it, Randy Lerner will be allowed to continue to mug us off. The statement about Hollis being in extensive negotiations with potential buyers was the thing that annoyed me most about yesterdays events. Do they think we are complete idiots Randy lerner has consistantly stuck two fingers up to all us fans and tried to manipulate us etc. Go back to last summer when he vindictively lead the fans a merry dance regarding takeover as a distraction tactic for the fact that we were cashing in on prize assets (sales of Benteke and Delph). Its time for actions not words to save our club!
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:37 pm

creating an online petition that fans can sign would be a good idea, save our club and support a total boycott (for a named game and date)
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:16 pm

WOW! thanks for your passionate reaction to our Villa problems Jim. I agree with you about a boycott, but unfortunately there are currently other protests arranged which rely on people being in the ground, and these fans have made it clear that as season ticket holders they've paid good money to Randy and will not stay away.

I'm of the opinion that no visual or verbal protest will affect Lerner, because he's far too insulated by distance and disinterest. However a total boycott would be so dramatic that it would be big news even stateside. His compatriots would be reminded of what a grade A plonker he really is.

A totally empty stadium cannot be ignored.

WE'RE OUT UNTIL LERNER'S OUT!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:26 pm

I agree that a total boycott would send a big message. As things stand, there are two more home fixtures where such a thing could occur. These are Southampton on Saturday and Newcastle on the 7th May. I think Southampton is too close time wise but maybe something could happen against Newcastle.

I also agree with what VB says, I think there's a section of fans who will not go for a boycott as they've already spent their money. That said, I think the number in this group diminish by the day. I've already seen a few people saying they will have nothing to do with the club until Lerner goes after yesterday's events.

I think the biggest challenge to a protest is getting everyone behind it. First problem is getting attention to it, reach out to every Villa fan everywhere on forums, facebook groups, Twitter and offline. People like Stan Collymore, mentioned by Jim, would be key in that. Once that obstacle has been cleared there is then getting people to agree and go through it. I think OTDO74 (or as they now call themselves AVPG) deserve some credit as whilst I don't really think their measures have been the right ones they have at least managed to get them of the ground. Whatever happens with anything they are the guys that will be another key ally. I've looked them up and it's banners on 74 against Southampton and 'different plans' against Newcastle.

All things considered if there's not a boycott this season there will be one next season. Who will renew to watch that shower? And once the habit has broken it's very bad news for the club.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 62 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 46 ... 62  Next