www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sheffield Wednesday v Aston Villa: Sunday 7th August 16:30

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

How will we start the new season?

Sheffield Wednesday v Aston Villa: Sunday 7th August 16:30 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap25%Sheffield Wednesday v Aston Villa: Sunday 7th August 16:30 - Page 3 Empty 25% 
[ 1 ]
Sheffield Wednesday v Aston Villa: Sunday 7th August 16:30 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap75%Sheffield Wednesday v Aston Villa: Sunday 7th August 16:30 - Page 3 Empty 75% 
[ 3 ]
Sheffield Wednesday v Aston Villa: Sunday 7th August 16:30 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Sheffield Wednesday v Aston Villa: Sunday 7th August 16:30 - Page 3 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

Sheffield Wednesday v Aston Villa: Sunday 7th August 16:30 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday v Aston Villa: Sunday 7th August 16:30

Post by Ivan Kraschinsky Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:11 am

I have serious concerns about Gollinni. Any more news regarding Pantelimon?

Ivan Kraschinsky
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Sheffield Wednesday v Aston Villa: Sunday 7th August 16:30 - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday v Aston Villa: Sunday 7th August 16:30

Post by Ivan Kraschinsky Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:19 am

Yes yes i know he pulled of some saves ( Guzan anyone?) But he let us down in the only way that Guzan EVER lets us down. So when are we going to start getting on his back? Very soon i hope. I am sorry but i am Guzans no.1 fan and would defend him to the death.

Ivan Kraschinsky
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:16 pm

Gollini did okay yesterday apart from a bad kick that led to the goal. He's normally a really good kicker so that was disappointing. The sun was full in his face at the time, and Cissokho was copping out with the long pass backs, but Gollini still should have done better.

Where was our defence at the time?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:01 pm

The same place it always is when it's needed. Posted missing.

I think with Gollini it was one mistake, if it starts to become a trend like it did with Guzan people will get on his back. That said, I don't think having a clear number one is useful. I think there needs to be two goal keepers fighting for a place.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:49 am

I notice Steer was keeping for the under 23's the other day. He has to better cover than Bunn, although that doesn't say a lot.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:05 am

RDM said that he thought our defence played very well on Sunday. This worries me!

Cissokho and Hutton were both really poor defensively. I know managers try and build confidence by these type of statements, but if RDM/SC honestly think they were anything more than woeful then I fear the worst. We need two new full backs. Amavi will come in at LB but he is also poor defensively so unless RDM is prepared to play Okore at RB (with instructions to play as a third CB when Amavi goes forward) we are going to remain vulnerable to counter attacks.

Everton found out the hard way last season that you cannot play successfully with two attacking wing backs, and it cost Martinez his job. The sight of Baines and Coleman bombing on might have been exciting, but they conceded far more goals than they scored because of the tactic.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:31 pm

Have to disagree with you there, there are plenty of teams who have managed to find success with two attacking full backs. The answer is strong centre halves, a functioning central midfield and the full backs in question to be good players. I also don't think a narrow midfield helps. Everton struggled due to a general level of defensive organization that was quite poor (and that has followed Martinez everywhere he has gone) and we struggle because our weak central midfielders and narrow midfield means we never seem to cover our defensive holes. The fact that our full backs are also a bit crap (neither have the pace to drop back into position nor do they actually have enough skill going forward) compounds this.

To make it work we need better fullbacks than Cissokho and Hutton and better midfielders than the powderpuff pair of Westwood and Gardner.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Kraschinsky Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:04 pm

Ivan Kraschinsky wrote:I have serious concerns about Gollinni. Any more news regarding Pantelimon?

SERIOUS concerns....Guzan i miss you.

Ivan Kraschinsky
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3