www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Manager?

+3
South London Villan
Sandie
villabromsgrove
7 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Next Manager? - Page 6 Empty Re: Next Manager?

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:55 pm

We were also told that the idea was to get down to a short list of three, at which point Dr Tony would become involved in a formal face to face interview scenario. This clearly hasn't happened. I hope we know what we're doing, because it all looks pretty 'ad hoc' to me.

villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:42 pm

Dyche is now down to Evens at the bookies...
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:14 pm

Sandie wrote:Dyche is now down to Evens at the bookies...

Paddy Power had him at 15/2 a few hours ago with a maximum bet of 66 quid, huge money rolling in for Dyche, has someone heard something I wonder? I heard a little whisper last week and got him at 16/1 but thought it was the usual BS (Probably will be ha) but huge movement on Dyche. We will know one way or another very soon I think as Burnley will need to respond with a 'hands off' or Dyche saying he's not interested. Could be an interesting day or so.....

Incidentally I'd much prefer Dyche over Bruce. Just feels far more forward thinking and ambitious and a sign of intent to my mind. Go get him Doc!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:27 pm

Dyche sees himself as a more old fashioned manager and kind of rejects ideas of philosophies and so on, which might surprise some:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/09/25/sean-dyche-has-rebuilt-burnley-football-club-not-just-the-team/

For me, that's actually more than a bit refreshing. I have no doubt he will embrace modern ideas but a lot of management is about making the right decisions and, as he places the emphasis on here, managing people. Can we say he has a fixed style of play? It seems not as he puts the emphasis on being pragmatic and formulating a system that suits the players and club. I like that and it would be a marked difference from Di Matteo. When people talk about managers a lot of buzzwords get thrown about and these words mean nothing when you look into them. Dyche is like a breath of fresh air from that reading these pieces but equally a breath of fresh air from the stale old hasbeens.

Going back to the first piece he's also about so much more than just the playing side of things. He has encouraged Burnley to build up their infrastructure. This something that might count in our favour. We have fantastic training facilities that will impress and an owner with big plans that might also encourage him to join.

I'd love it to be Dyche but I don't think he would leave the security of Burnley and the Premier League. I'd be delighted to be proven wrong.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:39 pm

Sandie wrote:Dyche sees himself as a more old fashioned manager and kind of rejects ideas of philosophies and so on, which might surprise some:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/09/25/sean-dyche-has-rebuilt-burnley-football-club-not-just-the-team/

For me, that's actually more than a bit refreshing. I have no doubt he will embrace modern ideas but a lot of management is about making the right decisions and, as he places the emphasis on here, managing people. Can we say he has a fixed style of play? It seems not as he puts the emphasis on being pragmatic and formulating a system that suits the players and club. I like that and it would be a marked difference from Di Matteo. When people talk about managers a lot of buzzwords get thrown about and these words mean nothing when you look into them. Dyche is like a breath of fresh air from that reading these pieces but equally a breath of fresh air from the stale old hasbeens.

Going back to the first piece he's also about so much more than just the playing side of things. He has encouraged Burnley to build up their infrastructure. This something that might count in our favour. We have fantastic training facilities that will impress and an owner with big plans that might also encourage him to join.

I'd love it to be Dyche but I don't think he would leave the security of Burnley and the Premier League. I'd be delighted to be proven wrong.

Sadly I think you're right and it will be Bruce and probably announced tomorrow and then he can prepare for Wolves. IF he comes in I have one hope and that is he has a proper back room team, all managers since Lambert (who lost his too) haven't. Would be interesting to know who we went for though and what the process was that got it down to Bruce (if it's him) and if he was first choice)
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Kraschinsky Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:33 pm

I would love Dyche but i feel as if it will be Bruce. I keep singing the 'cheer up Steevee Bruce' chant in my head. Can it be adapted if he signs up? I hope so..best chant ever.

Ivan Kraschinsky
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:52 pm

We've given the media and opposing football fans an unnecessary opportunity to scoff at the "Mighty Villa" yet again. "No one want's to go to Villa .... even managers at small town clubs run a mile" etc.

Let's get the job done Villa!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:59 pm

Ivan Kraschinsky wrote:I would love Dyche but i feel as if it will be Bruce. I keep singing the 'cheer up Steevee Bruce' chant in my head. Can it be adapted if he signs up? I hope so..best chant ever.

I expect there will be a rousing rendition of "Potatohead, give us a wave" by 10 minutes into the first home game.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:47 pm

Sandie wrote:
Ivan Kraschinsky wrote:I would love Dyche but i feel as if it will be Bruce. I keep singing the 'cheer up Steevee Bruce' chant in my head. Can it be adapted if he signs up? I hope so..best chant ever.

I expect there will be a rousing rendition of "Potatohead, give us a wave" by 10 minutes into the first home game.

They'll be lots of that the second he loses two on the bounce......I'm going on record to say this will all end in tears (well no promotion and a hugely divided fan base and calls for his head) sorry to be defeatist, it's an accident waiting to happen. Bruce will be given far less slack due to past ties (wrongly) RDM got 11 games. Someone like Wagner or Dyche may of got longer or are we that broken as a fan base now?

To end on a postiive, I totally hope I'm wrong and the whole Holte is singing 'cheer up Steevee Bruce' (brilliant by the way ha) or Potato Heads Claret and Blue army as it will mean he's been a success and the fans have taken to him Next Manager? - Page 6 4288271622 Next Manager? - Page 6 205019816
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:12 pm

I know that feeling, I have had it with the last two or three managers! Each time, I've tried to shrug it off and support them but they have eventually failed.

Difficult to explain my feelings on Bruce, if it is him I'm not going to be doing cartwheels about it but I don't have the same feelings of "What, him?" or "It'll never work". I'm pretty ambivalent about the whole thing. Of the names linked the only one I'd be truly ecstatic with would have been Dyche and it never would have happened.

I think the whole Blues thing is being overplayed, to be honest. I'm seeing a fair bit of support for Bruce on social media, probably more than there was for RDM before he got appointed. Maybe that's just the circles I mix in, though.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Kraschinsky Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:53 pm

I remember one home game when the cheer up steeve bruce and mathew upson chants almost brought the match to its knees....great days;)

Ivan Kraschinsky
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:43 pm

Xia has tweeted to say announcement tomorrow.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:44 pm

Ha Ha cheer up Stevie Bruce forgot that song Ivan.....great memories. Ive held back on giving my opinion on the new manager and who or what it should be that we are looking for. Having given some consideration the thing that we need more than anything is someone who can motivate and inspire people. I think this is one of Bruces strengths. I also don't see Bruces lack of tactical nouse as necessarily as a overriding factor in him becoming a success or failure. Tactics are over rated, having a way of playing and giving simple clear instruction to players who are made to feel confident by the manger is far more important that tactics. I HATE modern day football is shite to watch and the over emphasis on attacking through the middle of the pitch often with players who aren't capable of breaking down defences is crap to watch. Give me a direct approach over that anyday. I for one will be getting behind Bruce. The Villa just need a manger who gets off to a good start and can get some confidence back to the squad and club fans in general, fingers crossed Stevie Bruce can provide this for us!!1
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:06 pm

I've just deleted the duplicate post with the added one liner .... I suspect that your lovely lady has hacked your post! Next Manager? - Page 6 3640643743
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:18 pm

ha ha spot on Villa B although Mrs Jim Villa has repost, by saying that no-one is safe from her hacking and that we should show some gratitude as officially she's the first to know who the new Villa manager is as Steve Bruce is on the international highlight programme on ITV and they are hinting that he's got the job, I'm not sure that I've got the heart to tell her that its not exactly a well kept secret who the new Villa manager is!!!! Very Happy

Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next