www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steve Bruce: Aston Villa Manager

+3
Jim Villan
Chris Harte
GadgetMan
7 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

Steve Bruce: Aston Villa Manager - Page 13 Empty Re: Steve Bruce: Aston Villa Manager

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:18 pm

What's your new year's resolution Steve? Resolutions have to be positive!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Steve Bruce: Aston Villa Manager - Page 13 Empty Re: Steve Bruce: Aston Villa Manager

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:30 pm

I think we'll just miss out on promotion, so the Villa highlight of 2018 for me will be if and when Bruce is sent on permanent holiday.

We could be doing so much better!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:59 pm

Bruce has said that he's looking for a "big man" on loan. An old fashion hold up striker who can play up front on his own. I guess that means that Hogan has been discounted, and we won't be playing the ball into feet in the box any time soon .... which is a shame and a missed opportunity in my opinion.

We need to be better in the second half of the season than we were in the first if we wan't to get promoted. I would argue that we need a change of tactics. Bruce appears to think that the home fixtures against top six teams will make the difference. I would love him to be right, but I have my doubts.

Steve Bruce: Aston Villa Manager - Page 13 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:22 pm

1-0 to Villa at half time. Another free kick to Hogan's head. Terry hit the underside of the bar from another set piece, but our inclination to sit on a lead may cost us. Hopefully we will nick another goal from a set piece or break away, because I can't see Forest scoring two. I hope I'm not tempting fate.

Edit: wrong thread but I'll leave it! Very Happy
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:06 pm

24 hours on from a good win and three invaluable points. Steve Bruce's emotions are so close to his skin right now that the pleasure and immediate pain were writ large on his face as he celebrated the first goal.

I wish Steve all the best as he deals with his sad family issues, and I hope to see him smiling by the end of the season.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13