www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolves V Aston Villa: Saturday 14th January 17:30

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What will happen at Molineux?

Wolves V Aston Villa: Saturday 14th January 17:30 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap50%Wolves V Aston Villa: Saturday 14th January 17:30 - Page 2 Empty 50% 
[ 1 ]
Wolves V Aston Villa: Saturday 14th January 17:30 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap50%Wolves V Aston Villa: Saturday 14th January 17:30 - Page 2 Empty 50% 
[ 1 ]
Wolves V Aston Villa: Saturday 14th January 17:30 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Wolves V Aston Villa: Saturday 14th January 17:30 - Page 2 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

Wolves V Aston Villa: Saturday 14th January 17:30 - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves V Aston Villa: Saturday 14th January 17:30

Post by Sandie Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:37 pm

Enjoy your party folks.

I have found myself thinking, but is it just me or have we gone to crap since Bruce made the exceptionally wrongheaded decision to rehabilitate Onegoalayear? It's not just been shown in how little this hasbeen has offered us since but in the way it has lead on to our goalscoring problems since we've lost Kodjia. Were it not for giving him more chances a young player may have been given a chance or a different system tried out. We may have even decided to seek out another striker even if it was just a temporary loan from a league on a break to cover for this period. Instead, we keep on turning out knowing we won't get a goal unless there's a moment of brilliance from someone or a set piece or penalty.

Gabby has been Bruce's big dropped bollock.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Wolves V Aston Villa: Saturday 14th January 17:30 - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves V Aston Villa: Saturday 14th January 17:30

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:14 pm

I've said it before, but I think it's worth repeating .... The last time we played decent attacking football was against Brighton away in the second half.

That was a couple of days before Colin Calderwood took over the coaching duties from Steve Bruce. Bruce said at the time that he was glad of the opportunity to leave the day to day coaching in the safe hands of Colin who was a brilliant coach.

Calderwood is a well regarded coach, but his successes have been defensively. We have gone from being a team that tried to outscore the opposition to a team that tries so hard to keep it's shape at the back that there is a visual disconnect between our isolated striker/s and the rest of the team. Adomah and Bacuna are spending so much time chasing the opposition wide men back to our corner flags, that when they get the ball they are far too deep to do anything with it.

Yesterday it would not have been an exaggeration to say that Wolves could have played without a goalkeeper and still won the game. Wolves have an average manager and very average players, but they were still able to dominate us. We have currently had the desire to attack coached out of us, and replaced with the mantra "keep it tight". Which is useless when we still have a young inexperienced keeper making simple mistakes which gift goals (we did tell you Steve).

Gabby is invisible up front, and the whole team knows he's a lost cause (apart from Bruce apparently). We've gone from having "too many strikers" to not being able to buy a goal. It's time for a crisis meeting, and for management to hold their hands up and accept that they are getting it wrong. It's no good continuing to blame a bunch of players who are either not good enough or not interested. Get some 'MEN' in to do the job, and then coach them properly for a change.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:12 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:It's no good continuing to blame a bunch of players who are either not good enough or not interested. Get some 'MEN' in to do the job, and then coach them properly for a change.

Aye, we can't expect something to magically change overnight. I'm wondering if Brighton was a flash in the pan, however, as we were nothing special before that (we kept it tight, ground it out etc).

We've known for ages that we need to sign some players, now we can and should.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2