www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aston Villa V Derby: Saturday 25th Feb 15:00

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What will happen against the Rams?

Aston Villa V Derby: Saturday 25th Feb 15:00 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Aston Villa V Derby: Saturday 25th Feb 15:00 - Page 3 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Aston Villa V Derby: Saturday 25th Feb 15:00 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Aston Villa V Derby: Saturday 25th Feb 15:00 - Page 3 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Aston Villa V Derby: Saturday 25th Feb 15:00 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap100%Aston Villa V Derby: Saturday 25th Feb 15:00 - Page 3 Empty 100% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 1

Aston Villa V Derby: Saturday 25th Feb 15:00 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa V Derby: Saturday 25th Feb 15:00

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:55 pm

We tried so hard to throw it away. The funny thing is we've now got some decent players, but we're still a million miles from being a team!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa V Derby: Saturday 25th Feb 15:00 - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa V Derby: Saturday 25th Feb 15:00

Post by Sandie Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:32 pm

By christ we were poor and very, very difficult to watch. I really couldn't take too many games that have finishes like that. Still, it's the first three points we've had in a while and hopefully it is something we can build on in starting with the game against Bristol City on Tuesday.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:22 am

Sandie wrote:By christ we were poor and very, very difficult to watch. I really couldn't take too many games that have finishes like that. Still, it's the first three points we've had in a while and hopefully it is something we can build on in starting with the game against Bristol City on Tuesday.
You deserved a lot better after the money you paid out for a six hundred mile round trip and a hotel as well as a ticket! I worry that we will never be worth watching under Bruce's leadership, and points are only the end result of why we watch football matches. Do we except being bored and fed up, or will more fans vote with their feet? Crowds will get smaller and another generation of potential fans will find something else to do.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:06 pm

There was a young kid at his first game sat in front of me. Poor little sod.

We've been also rans at best for a long long time. But... Before the game they showed the highlights of the 6-0 against Derby from 2008. That side wasn't perfect but there were players there who could be genuine heroes. People that kids could look up to and admire and have their names on the back of their shirts. Some of them even took the club to their hearts.

Who do we have now? I'm not sure I like most of our players these days. Never mind hero worship them. And what do the kids, the Villa supporters of tomorrow have to look up to? When I was their age we had Dwight Yorke who was probably one of the best strikers in the division at the time. Now most of the bairns seem to like Grealish most of all. We can't even trust him to last 90 minutes without getting sent off FFS.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:27 pm

Sandie wrote:There was a young kid at his first game sat in front of me. Poor little sod.

We've been also rans at best for a long long time. But... Before the game they showed the highlights of the 6-0 against Derby from 2008. That side wasn't perfect but there were players there who could be genuine heroes. People that kids could look up to and admire and have their names on the back of their shirts. Some of them even took the club to their hearts.

Who do we have now? I'm not sure I like most of our players these days. Never mind hero worship them. And what do the kids, the Villa supporters of tomorrow have to look up to? When I was their age we had Dwight Yorke who was probably one of the best strikers in the division at the time. Now most of the bairns seem to like Grealish most of all. We can't even trust him to last 90 minutes without getting sent off FFS.

Very good post Sandie. Aston Villa V Derby: Saturday 25th Feb 15:00 - Page 3 4288271622
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:12 pm

I'm feeling strangely flat with a match less than three hours away. I'm not excited at all and will breath a sigh of relief if we get something from this match.

I've even been contemplating going to bed extra early to finish a cracking book that I'm reading. It's not how I want to feel at all.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:20 pm

The book will no doubt provide more entertainment.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:47 am

Sandie wrote:The book will no doubt provide more entertainment.
I didn't even get to read it .... I fell asleep. Still, that was more entertaining!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3