www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reactions to the transfer window

+4
villabromsgrove
Jim Villan
avfcff1982
GadgetMan
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Reactions to the transfer window Empty Reactions to the transfer window

Post by GadgetMan Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:28 pm

Let's discuss the summer and all our dealings here.....Good, Bad, Indifferent?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Reactions to the transfer window Empty Re: Reactions to the transfer window

Post by GadgetMan Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:35 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I'm beginning to warm to the signing of Tiago Ilori. A big right footed speed merchant with good technical skills, playing RB behind a powerful tricky speed merchant Adama Traore .... could the right side be sorted?

VB you put this in the transfer thread (that we've now closed) but worth discussing here.

I don't know an awful lot about him to be honest, but if he can play RB, maybe that's the reason we've signed him? That or Crespo/Okore are going to be out longer than thought (but then we'd have kept Baker, so yeah RB ha) If he's better than Hutton/Bacuna, then great. Is it purely a loan or with a fee agreed to buy?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:50 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:I'm beginning to warm to the signing of Tiago Ilori. A big right footed speed merchant with good technical skills, playing RB behind a powerful tricky speed merchant Adama Traore .... could the right side be sorted?

VB you put this in the transfer thread (that we've now closed) but worth discussing here.

I don't know an awful lot about him to be honest, but if he can play RB, maybe that's the reason we've signed him? That or Crespo/Okore are going to be out longer than thought (but then we'd have kept Baker, so yeah RB ha) If he's better than Hutton/Bacuna, then great. Is it purely a loan or with a fee agreed to buy?
He's been a highly rated "prospect" for the last few years. I guess at 6ft3ins it's taken a while for him to add strength to his frame. He's a CB but converted to that position from playing as a striker as a teen. RB wouldn't be a stretch for him because he's predominantly right footed.

Sporting Lisbon have a club 30 metre record which they update yearly, and the quickest ever is Tiago Ilori followed by Christiano Ronaldo, Bruma and Nani who are all noted speed merchants!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:18 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:

He's been a highly rated "prospect" for the last few years. I guess at 6ft3ins it's taken a while for him to add strength to his frame. He's a CB but converted to that position from playing as a striker as a teen. RB wouldn't be a stretch for him because he's predominantly right footed.

Sporting Lisbon have a club 30 metre record which they update yearly, and the quickest ever is Tiago Ilori followed by Christiano Ronaldo, Bruma and Nani who are all noted speed merchants!

Cheers VB, him and Adama could be quite the pair then. Also leaves me with a tinge of regret when we're developing other clubs talent and it's a straight loan, with no view to buy. I'll get over that if he plays really well and helps us climb the league (and then goes back to Liverpool)

I was thinking about this last night. TS said he's a player he's been aware of for sometime (is it just me or does Tim know every player and for some time ha) so why didn't we try and add him when they signed CB? Why leave it until literally the last minute?

Anyway here's some more info on him from the Birmingham Mail http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-transfers-everything-you-9976338

Edit: Just noticed it says he's signed on loan with a view to a permanent deal, so that makes me feel better about the deal. Hopefully we've agreed a fee and if he does well we buy, if not we don't.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:21 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:

Cheers VB, him and Adama could be quite the pair then. Also leaves me with a tinge of regret when we're developing other clubs talent and it's a straight loan, with no view to buy. I'll get over that if he plays really well and helps us climb the league (and then goes back to Liverpool)

I was thinking about this last night. TS said he's a player he's been aware of for sometime (is it just me or does Tim know every player and for some time ha) so why didn't we try and add him when they signed CB? Why leave it until literally the last minute?

Anyway here's some more info on him from the Birmingham Mail http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-transfers-everything-you-9976338
The way I read the deal is that it's agreed that we can buy him at the end of the season should we wish to. His price will be from £6-9 million depending on appearances and other criteria.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:24 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:

The way I read the deal is that it's agreed that we can buy him at the end of the season should we wish to. His price will be from £6-9 million depending on appearances and other criteria.

Yes, that's a win win really. Does well we get a good player for a decent price and if not, he's cost us a million quid to have as cover. I like the sound of him.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:28 pm

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcff1982 Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:56 pm

Ilori looks to be a very useful acquisition, never seen him play, but seems quite a few good reports around about him, versatile and adaptable apparently, the scousers are up in arms about him leaving, Brendan Rodgers doesn't seem to rate him so he must be decent, and we have the option of signing him at the end of the loan, so all good.

So TS has signed a new squad of players, Lescott being a finger in the damn job, happy to see him arrive, and have to say, in a few months time, we'll see the best of them coming through as they get to learn the cockney lingo, and we'll all be happy Villans, so yeah, extremely satisfied with the comings and goings this window UTV Very Happy
avfcff1982
avfcff1982
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:02 pm

avfcff1982 wrote:Ilori looks to be a very useful acquisition, never seen him play, but seems quite a few good reports around about him, versatile and adaptable apparently, the scousers are up in arms about him leaving, Brendan Rodgers doesn't seem to rate him so he must be decent, and we have the option of signing him at the end of the loan, so all good.

So TS has signed a new squad of players, Lescott being a finger in the damn job, happy to see him arrive, and have to say, in a few months time, we'll see the best of them coming through as they get to learn the cockney lingo, and we'll all be happy Villans, so yeah, extremely satisfied with the comings and goings this window UTV Very Happy
That's a good positive post. I like the bit about Brandan Rodger's opinion! Reactions to the transfer window 3640643743
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcff1982 Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:09 pm

He's more like Roy Rodgers these days Laughing

I'm feeling more positive than I have for a number of years, it's a real tough job the manager and his assistants have on their hands, to get a whole bunch of strangers to solidify and get the results we crave for, I know it's a well worn cliche, but time.......and patience........is needed. Bright Future will soon be upon us.
avfcff1982
avfcff1982
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:19 pm

I'm really pleased we didn't sign Adebayor (i'd have taken the Ady of a few years ago but not the current one), and I'm disappointed we didn't sign the only available guaranteed goal machine Charlie Austin. Hopefully Sherwood will fully utilise our talented attacking young players, and ditch his three defensive centre midfielders tactic. If he does they should all be able to chip in with goals and assists, and we'll become a very difficult team to play against. Reactions to the transfer window 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:06 pm

We now have a whole new team and some very smart and talented acquisitions. The window has been and gone so this is our lot until January. I think come the end of October we will start seeing more of a real side starting to show, let's just hope by that time we're safely tucked away in mid table. Then we could really push on. Viva la Revolution!! Reactions to the transfer window 205019816 Reactions to the transfer window 1554986367
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:06 pm

avfcff1982 wrote:Ilori looks to be a very useful acquisition, never seen him play, but seems quite a few good reports around about him, versatile and adaptable apparently, the scousers are up in arms about him leaving, Brendan Rodgers doesn't seem to rate him so he must be decent, and we have the option of signing him at the end of the loan, so all good.

Good positive post this, made me feel a bit better, Cheers!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:56 pm

I think as much as we can be unhappy with Lerner and a modest net spend we should be happy with Tim for the way he's worked to the parameters he has in getting in a group of new players who should hopefully push the club forward. They're a pretty exciting bunch of players he and presumably Hendrick Almstadt have found for us. I noted with interest that for both Adama and Ilori Tim made clear that both were players he had known of and been following for some time. That probably says a lot about both of those players and Tim himself.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:29 pm

I'm absolutely delighted with what weve done this summer and couldnt give a shite about net spend. Its all about the research and scouting thats gone into the players you sign for me. Look at how much money Man United have spunked over the last three seasons since ferguson left and are they a better more balance side?

When we sold Delph and Benteke we looked doomed and a certain for relegation. Boy did Tim and the Gang react after those sales. I think the ratio of signings who look like they are going to be quality as opposed to those that may take time, is already very healthy. The only signing that we can point to that seems a little out of place, is ayew, but I think he will come good given enough game time and coaching as he has all the attributes to be a success in the premier league. Pace, strength technique and ball striking. Couldn't be more dlighted to have Lescott at the Villa, he is solid and a very talented thinking defender, always as been, I think he will transform the defence. Amavi is going to be a star as is gueye, and as for Traore, he will be a fans favourite as he is just dynamite. Scotty Sinclair has bags of pace and is a real finisher and Guestede is going to score more arial goals than Benteke imo this season. Can't wait for international break to be over so the NEW LOOK VILLA can start to suprise all those sneering journalists and pundits who have writen off Villa for the past 5 seasons. UTV
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next