www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reactions to the transfer window

+4
villabromsgrove
Jim Villan
avfcff1982
GadgetMan
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Reactions to the transfer window - Page 2 Empty Re: Reactions to the transfer window

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:35 pm

Jim Villan wrote:I'm absolutely delighted with what weve done this summer and couldnt give a shite about net spend. Its all about the research and scouting thats gone into the players you sign for me. Look at how much money Man United have spunked over the last three seasons since ferguson left and are they a better  more balance side?

When we sold Delph and Benteke we looked doomed and a certain for relegation.  Boy did Tim and the Gang react after those sales. I think the ratio of signings who look like they are going to be quality as opposed to those that may take time, is already very healthy. The only signing that we can point to that seems a little out of place, is ayew,  but I think he will come good given enough game time and coaching as he has all the attributes to be a success in the premier league. Pace, strength technique and ball striking. Couldn't be more dlighted to have Lescott at the Villa, he is solid and a very talented thinking defender, always as been, I think he will transform the defence. Amavi is going to be a star as is gueye, and as for Traore, he will be a fans favourite as he is just dynamite. Scotty Sinclair has bags of pace and is a real finisher and Guestede is going to score more arial goals than Benteke imo this season. Can't wait for international break to be over so the NEW LOOK VILLA can start to suprise all those sneering journalists and pundits who have writen off Villa for the past 5 seasons. UTV
Wow, that's really upbeat. Cheers JV. Reactions to the transfer window - Page 2 4288271622
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Reactions to the transfer window - Page 2 Empty Re: Reactions to the transfer window

Post by Sandie Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:01 pm

Jim Villan wrote:Can't wait for international break to be over so the NEW LOOK VILLA can start to suprise all those sneering journalists and pundits who have writen off Villa for the past 5 seasons. UTV

I think it speaks volumes that under Lambert I simply couldn't wait for any break from the football but now I'm gutted there's an international break as I so want to see this new-look team gel. They have it in them to be so exciting.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:03 pm

Ha Cheers VB, maybe i'm wildly optistic/ borderline dillusional but if theres a time for being optimistic, it's at the start of the season rather than at xmas when weve lost 4 on the bounce!!!! Very Happy
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Morddred Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:47 pm

I think it will take a while before we can gauge just how good this transfer window has been. It usually takes a while to bed in two or three new players, let alone a new team. I am hopeful that with a more positive manager and a rejuvenated squad we can aim for a comfortable mid table position, it would have been a bit higher if we had managed to get a decent replacement for Benteke.
Morddred
Morddred
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:20 am

Fergal wrote:I think it will take a while before we can gauge just how good this transfer window has been.  It usually takes a while to bed in two or three new players, let alone a new team.  I am hopeful that with a more positive manager and a rejuvenated squad we can aim for a comfortable mid table position, it would have been a bit higher if we had managed to get a decent replacement for Benteke.
We've signed positive players, so we have to play positively.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:32 am

villabromsgrove wrote:
Jim Villan wrote:I'm absolutely delighted with what weve done this summer and couldnt give a shite about net spend. Its all about the research and scouting thats gone into the players you sign for me. Look at how much money Man United have spunked over the last three seasons since ferguson left and are they a better  more balance side?

When we sold Delph and Benteke we looked doomed and a certain for relegation.  Boy did Tim and the Gang react after those sales. I think the ratio of signings who look like they are going to be quality as opposed to those that may take time, is already very healthy. The only signing that we can point to that seems a little out of place, is ayew,  but I think he will come good given enough game time and coaching as he has all the attributes to be a success in the premier league. Pace, strength technique and ball striking. Couldn't be more dlighted to have Lescott at the Villa, he is solid and a very talented thinking defender, always as been, I think he will transform the defence. Amavi is going to be a star as is gueye, and as for Traore, he will be a fans favourite as he is just dynamite. Scotty Sinclair has bags of pace and is a real finisher and Guestede is going to score more arial goals than Benteke imo this season. Can't wait for international break to be over so the NEW LOOK VILLA can start to suprise all those sneering journalists and pundits who have writen off Villa for the past 5 seasons. UTV
Wow, that's really upbeat. Cheers JV. Reactions to the transfer window - Page 2 4288271622

Yeah well said JV Has me puffing my chest out saying "You want to beat against us" great way of looking at the window Reactions to the transfer window - Page 2 205019816
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:18 am

Morning all.

We've done a bit of shrewd business ourselves right at the end of the transfer window by strengthening our management team. Sandie has joined us as CABA moderator, which is why his name is now lit up in green. Sandie has experience of both starting up and modding fan's forums and we are delighted that he's agreed to help us develop this forum in a respectful and friendly way.

Keep the posts coming guys and Sandie, Kimbo, GM and myself will make sure that you always have a friendly place to drop in to on a daily basis, in order to discuss all things related to Aston Villa, as well as just chatting in 'Off Topic' about whatever else is on your mind.

Welcome to your new role Sandie, here's to a happy and successful CABA future. Reactions to the transfer window - Page 2 4288271622 Reactions to the transfer window - Page 2 2614569260
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:25 am

All the best Sandie.

My take on this summer's business is that Sherwood appears to have used what resources he had well.
The issue we have had over the last few seasons has been conceding poor goals, I think the amount of goals conceded in the last 5 - 10 minutes from defensive errors or losing posession in dangerous areas has cost us many points that has had the knock on effect of nervousness and confidence. The defence now has experience and strength and depth, the right back position will be interesting when Okore is back fit and I have a concern over the depth of cover should anything happen to Amavi but all that being said I think we look stronger at the back.
Last season we started well and lost impetus after the International Break, this season I was hoping for 6 points from the first 4 games, we only have 4 and goals are lacking but I do beleive that the break has come at the right time to give the squad time to gel and the boss and his coaches work on the strategy.
An often stated issue has been our ability to adapt to tactical changes by the opposition, the Man U and Palace games have shown that weakness this season as well but with a stronger squad and stronger bench when all are fit will hopefully rectify that.
Forever the optomist, the next 3 games, Leicester, Baggies, Small Heath are all win able and will give us the confidence to go to the Bin Dippers, a happy hunting ground recently, and put some more pressure on the despicable Rodgers.

COME ON YOU VILLA BOYS, FIGHT LIKE LIONS!
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:04 pm

Good Luck Sandie
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Morddred Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:10 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Morning all.

We've done a bit of shrewd business ourselves right at the end of the transfer window by strengthening our management team. Sandie has joined us as CABA moderator, which is why his name is now lit up in green. Sandie has experience of both starting up and modding fan's forums and we are delighted that he's agreed to help us develop this forum in a respectful and friendly way.

Keep the posts coming guys and Sandie, Kimbo, GM and myself will make sure that you always have a friendly place to drop in to on a daily basis, in order to discuss all things related to Aston Villa, as well as just chatting in 'Off Topic' about whatever else is on your mind.

Welcome to your new role Sandie, here's to a happy and successful CABA future. Reactions to the transfer window - Page 2 4288271622 Reactions to the transfer window - Page 2 2614569260
Is he starting on the Subs bench? Smile
Morddred
Morddred
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Morddred Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:11 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Fergal wrote:I think it will take a while before we can gauge just how good this transfer window has been.  It usually takes a while to bed in two or three new players, let alone a new team.  I am hopeful that with a more positive manager and a rejuvenated squad we can aim for a comfortable mid table position, it would have been a bit higher if we had managed to get a decent replacement for Benteke.
We've signed positive players, so we have to play positively.
I think we have a much stronger squad than last season with a better and more positive manager. I think we will do better as the season goes on.
Morddred
Morddred
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:35 pm

Fergal wrote:

No such luck, straight in the starting XI and both tightening the defence and weighing in with the odd goal Very Happy
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Morddred Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:36 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
Fergal wrote:

No such luck, straight in the starting XI and both tightening the defence and weighing in with the odd goal Very Happy
As long as its not an own goal...
Morddred
Morddred
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:19 pm

Thanks for the welcome, folks. The guys here have a great vision for the forum and I'm pleased to be a part of it. As said, we want CABA to be a respectful, relaxed and friendly forum. Will try to avoid making defensive clangers!

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:02 pm

South London Villan wrote:All the best Sandie.

My take on this summer's business is that Sherwood appears to have used what resources he had well.
The issue we have had over the last few seasons has been conceding poor goals, I think the amount of goals conceded in the last 5 - 10 minutes from defensive errors or losing posession in dangerous areas has cost us many points that has had the knock on effect of nervousness and confidence. The defence now has experience and strength and depth, the right back position will be interesting when Okore is back fit and I have a concern over the depth of cover should anything happen to Amavi but all that being said I think we look stronger at the back.
Last season we started well and lost impetus after the International Break, this season I was hoping for 6 points from the first 4 games, we only have 4 and goals are lacking but I do beleive that the break has come at the right time to give the squad time to gel and the boss and his coaches work on the strategy.
An often stated issue has been our ability to adapt to tactical changes by the opposition, the Man U and Palace games have shown that weakness this season as well but with a stronger squad and stronger bench when all are fit will hopefully rectify that.
Forever the optomist, the next 3 games, Leicester, Baggies, Small Heath are all win able and will give us the confidence to go to the Bin Dippers, a happy hunting ground recently, and put some more pressure on the despicable Rodgers.

COME ON YOU VILLA BOYS, FIGHT LIKE LIONS!

I agree SLV this break has come at a perfect time, it gives us a little time to work on a few tactics and get Lescott integrated into the defence along with new lad from Liverpool who I suspect may possibly play at RB. The need to do a lot of drills on the playing field and hopefully a mixture of good understanding, experience and confidence in one another will cut out silly individual errors that are costing us dearly. Meanwhile the forwards can all learn where the net is and we can get the others all fit....
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next