www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sherwood SACKED

+8
Sandie
GadgetMan
villabromsgrove
Morddred
avfcff1982
gdav
Liberty
Chris Harte
12 posters

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

Should Sherwood be sacked as Villa Manager?

Sherwood SACKED - Page 3 I_vote_lcap82%Sherwood SACKED - Page 3 Empty 82% 
[ 9 ]
Sherwood SACKED - Page 3 I_vote_lcap18%Sherwood SACKED - Page 3 Empty 18% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 11

Sherwood SACKED - Page 3 Empty Re: Sherwood SACKED

Post by Sandie Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:45 pm

Good post there GM, based on his post match comments I don't think a resignation is likely, but I do think that he has a lot more self respect than a Lambert and might eventually quit if things continue as they are in the next few games. I don't think that they'll sack him yet either. The bookies don't often get it wrong and he's only 5th in the sack race odds: http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/next-manager-to-leave-post think Advocaat will go imminently.

Arguments for him to stay? I can't really think of anything particularly compelling beyond him not having much time yet and a kind of blind hope that he might actually be able to hit on the right formation. Not good is it?

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:25 pm

When you admit to not knowing your best team and to rejigging the tactics blindly each time you lose a match, it's time to go.
When you blame losses on players not being match fit in the month of October, it's time to go.

Sherwood should be getting a text or phone call from Tom Fox any second now.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:55 pm

Sunderland, Newcastle and ourselves are looking for new managers. Sunderland are in first and there aren't many decent available managers out there. If we don't sack Sherwood now, then the two north east clubs will get the best two managers available (whatever the cost) if they've got any sense. Villa will be in it's usual position of sorting through the left overs.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:53 pm

Dick Advocaat has quit, so Sunderland will probably go for Big Sam. I can't see Newcastle sticking with Mclaren for too long either. I'd be having a long chat with Tim today and thanking him for keeping us up and then calling Allardyce.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcff1982 Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:26 pm

I don't profess to know more than our manager, but he has lost his way, which was evident with yesterday's on pitch mess.

I would have thought he'd had long enough with his new players, to work out his best attacking options to get points, but I really think the job is too much for him, it's like he panics before the game, and is in fear of changing things during the game.

I had high hopes of him, and thought he would have settled into a good winning routine by now, WRONG.

I honestly hope he sorts it by the next game, and after, otherwise, we're screwed, and I'm sure he wont be sacked whatever happens.

Bright Future? Rolling Eyes
avfcff1982
avfcff1982
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:30 pm

Tim Sherwood has a five year contract. That could be a stumbling block for our penny pinching owner, but there are way over one hundred million good reasons for changing managers, perhaps that will help.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:35 pm

I thought he was given a 3 & half year contract??
gdav
gdav
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:58 pm

gdav wrote:I thought he was given a 3 & half year contract??
I really hope you're right gdav, I read last week that it was five years, let's hope that was an exageration. Three and a half years is at least three years too long. Sherwood SACKED - Page 3 3640643743
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:14 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
gdav wrote:I thought he was given a 3 & half year contract??
I really hope you're right gdav, I read last week that it was five years, let's hope that was an exageration. Three and a half years is at least three years too long. Sherwood SACKED - Page 3 3640643743

Yeah I think it's 3.5 years too (at least hope it is) you'd hope with all the manager problems we've had they'll be clauses in there too and performance related breaks (depends how smart fox really is?!)

We've paid 12m (before Lambert and appointing Sherwood) in manager 'fees' a disgrace alone.

When did we last hear from Tom or Randy (oh randy was when he said if he didn't sell he'd step down and appoint a new chairman, LIES) vote of confidence due soon?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:00 pm

3 1/2 years is right: http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4487424,00.html

Compensation might be a stumbling block assuming there's not some kind of clause like there was allegedly in Lambert's last contract.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:06 pm

It really feels like Groundhog Day being a villa fan.
New team, new manager, new ceo and a lot of new faces in management positions. Yet the same turgid mess served up each week.  
I was all for giving Tim his chance this season when many headed warnings but I'm a sentimental prick. I'm afraid there's no room for sentiment in football & he needs to go now while we can still make up points on the rest.
gdav
gdav
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:40 am

Any of this sound oddly familiar?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:29 am

Today's Sherwood round up:

I wish I was confident in his ability to turn things around.

(TBH, I only included this last one because of the damning description of Sherwood's tactics)
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:26 am

If Sherwood can't see that his comments are only making a case for why he should be sacked then he's dafter than I thought.

If you don't know what you're doing, and you don't know how to do it, and you're jiggling about like a beginner with a Rubik's cube, then get your head down and say nothing, and hope that luck, bluff and more luck will get you there.

I think I'm still learning to win the lottery in the same way that Tim's "still learning to be a football manager."
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:49 am

I wonder what the top level management make of them. Do they see it as Sherwood talking a good game and being personable or do they see it as him showing weakness?

You'd like to think we actually have more than blind hope that Sherwood might stumble upon the right formula some time soon. I really want someone to make a compelling case for him to stay, I've not seen one yet. There's a few people on Facebook throwing around the 'F' word and saying they still have faith in Tim but they've got not much to say in order to explain themselves beyond trying to insult their fellow supporters.

I'm saying that as I want to believe. I don't see Tim leaving us imminently and I want to believe he can start hauling us away from trouble. I want something beyond 'well he did it last season (with a new manager bounce and two top players in Benteke and Delph)'. I want something beyond 'I still don't know my best team'. I want substance rather than misplaced self confidence.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next