www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sherwood SACKED

+8
Sandie
GadgetMan
villabromsgrove
Morddred
avfcff1982
gdav
Liberty
Chris Harte
12 posters

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

Should Sherwood be sacked as Villa Manager?

Sherwood SACKED - Page 11 I_vote_lcap82%Sherwood SACKED - Page 11 Empty 82% 
[ 9 ]
Sherwood SACKED - Page 11 I_vote_lcap18%Sherwood SACKED - Page 11 Empty 18% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 11

Sherwood SACKED - Page 11 Empty Re: Sherwood SACKED

Post by Sandie Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:43 pm

GadgetMan wrote:Plus I don't trust anyone that speaks about themselves in the third person. Ludicrous.

Aye, I always think it's the sign of someone who's losing their marbles.

GadgetMan wrote:He's lost me I'm afraid. Only way he will turn that round is by results and points. No more cheap talk and cheesy soundbites. Time for all that has passed. All about results and performances now Tim.

Exactly. I want to see points and not soundbites and misplaced self confidence.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:33 am

For someone who wants to stop talking about players moving on, he sure as hell keeps talking about it....

Getting more excuses in. Valid points, I'll give him that, however doesn't negate the shit job he's done so far. You decide for yourself...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/11937372/Aston-Villa-selling-Christian-Benteke-like-Liverpool-losing-Luis-Suarez-says-Tim-Sherwood-as-he-admits-job-on-line.html
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:50 am

What a way to get the best out of your current crop of players telling every man & his dog that the players he lost were irreplaceable.
Well done Tim great man management.
gdav
gdav
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:41 pm

gdav wrote:What a way to get the best out of your current crop of players telling every man & his dog that the players he lost were irreplaceable.
Well done Tim great man management.

Totally getting his excuses/mitigating factors in before the inevitable happens. A heavy loss today could see that. Rumours that he's lost certain players and they're not playing for him will be proved/disproved today.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:16 pm

You couldn't blame the players for that. I wonder whether it came before or after all these leaks to the press about there not being his players.

I don't think we'd be much better off with the 'three best players'. Two of them are crocks and the third (who's also injured, last I heard) wasn't that good.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:38 pm

Sandie wrote:You couldn't blame the players for that. I wonder whether it came before or after all these leaks to the press about there not being his players.

I don't think we'd be much better off with the 'three best players'. Two of them are crocks and the third (who's also injured, last I heard) wasn't that good.

So players playing for him or not? Hard to say. Maybe he's frozen a few out, Kozak? Veretout? Amavi didn't start. Gil didn't exactly look like he was busting a gut for the cause. All looked like they were going through the motions SH (including Sherwood and his staff)
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:39 pm

I was just going to mention about how he seems to be going through the motions and how downbeat he seems. Considering one thing he had going for him was his enthusiasm this is not good. Moreover, if that's what he's like publicly what will he be like around the training ground?

A question for discussion: Would we be better right now if we had signed all the players that Tim wanted? Some of the papers seem to make out that this is some kind of given but my honest feeling is that the only area where a lack of experience has cost us has been with the manager. Tim supposedly wanted Lennon, Townsend, Joe Gomez (who obviously has a tremendous amount of Premiership experience), Cambiasso and to keep Cleverley. Would we be any better with those guys in?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:14 pm

Good question Sandie. I honestly don't think we would be. We don't lack experience in reality. We have several internationals, two EPL winners in Lescott and Richards, the Copa Amercia player of the tournament (or one of them) in Carlos Sanchez. So I don't think it's the individuals and more to do with a different set of players being picked each week. As Tim stumbles around trying to find his preferred/best XI and swaps and changes the back four (sometimes at HT) and the rest of the pack, they aren't able to gel or get any kind of fluidity or understanding. Add to this what appears to be very naive tactics and actual set up of the side and there's no surprise we're struggling.

Look at the sidelines, you have a bunch of men thrown together in the coaching staff as well as on the pitch. They've not worked together before either, it's a mess all over the place. What does Wilkins add? Seems like one last pay check for him (fair enough, I wouldn't of said no either) he admitted himself he thought his days at this level were over. Perhaps that was for a reason? Is he the reason we've been more cautious?

The problem lies with Sherwood and his team of misfits (the staff) add to that a side that is never the same for any two games and you're asking for trouble. The issue runs deeper than Sherwood too, we all know that, however you can only change what you can control. So Fox can't do anything about Lerner or the players we have now (until January) but we can get a fully experienced man in to steady this sinking ship and put us back in the right path.

Time to act Fox!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:50 pm

Spot on for me. Good point on the coaching staff which is something I didn't really think of. Would we be better if we had Chris Ramsey as an assistant than Wilkins? What I don't understand is why none of them can see what the problems are with the side when so many other people can? Or maybe they do but Tim doesn't listen?

Back on the question of targets those purported targets are all players that I see as mediocre premiership players. Something that doesn't really get pointed out by all those in the press who stick up for Tim is that one of the few players he admits to choosing is Lescott. Yet, for me, he's one of the biggest let downs in the team. His day has gone and I can think of at least a couple of goals that he's cost us in recent games. The sooner Clark or Okore are ready to play again the better. I'd rather have an Adama Traore than a Joleon Lescott. Yet it's Reilly's picks that are the ones who seem to be under trial by the media. Explain that!

I think that a lot of people out there who are journalists or pundits are dinosaurs basically. Their way is almost always to defend the old ways, established players or coaches. As a consequence, they look upon new ways of doing things or unknown players with disdain. I know it's an old cliche but a lot of people who become pundits do so because they're not good enough or smart enough to be a manager (perhaps something for Tim to consider with his charismatic and personable manner). People criticise the director of football approach because it's a challenge to the 'old' way of doing things. People criticise the moneyball approach for similar reasons. They say it doesn't work and hasn't worked for a number of clubs. Yet, based on the evidence of ourselves and Spurs neither does having Tim Sherwood as a manager but you can bet your bottom dollar that Sherwood's friends in the media will be making one hell of an advertising campaign for him to get another job when he departs Villa Park.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:22 pm

Good post Sandie!!

Re his backroom staff, I think it was a big blow for Sherwood not being able to have at least one familiar face next to him. Look at Lambert and how long he'd been working with his two (Culverhouse and Karsa) They all ended up leaving, however he was directly effected by them going and never looked as assured after they'd gone and he had to work with people he never had before. Ramsay would of been a big asset to Tim (I think they were learning together) That aside, it what it is and sentiment can't come into it. He's the manager and should of picked the right backroom team. The only one I really rate is Parks, he seems the most active in trying to encourage and impart knowledge onto the players.

With regards to the players we 'missed' out on, we would of been going down the MON route again, so I'm glad the club took the approach they did in trying another way. If they don't work out in this country, then they'll have a sell on value still. Lescott has been dreadful, Guzan was at fault for the first today, no question, however Lescott could of done a hell of a lot better. He's been dire since he arrived. A good few years too late. like you I want Okore or Clark back asap!!

As for the media, he's flavour of the month and gives them good access to the squad and himself (hence Gregg from the mail being so far up his arse) Journos will stay loyal to someone whilst they're getting info and access. They'll stick with him as long as he keeps feeding them. They either have to love you or fear you (like Fergie) for the press to be biased. Tim is very media friendly and football aside, seems like a nice bloke. There'll come a time pretty soon when the journalists are going to have to call it right and say it as it is. Locally it will be Mat Kendrick I'm sure. Percy will say it as he sees it as will Pat Murphy, the rest will have to catch up.

What a bloody mess we are eh?! It's at times like this I'd love t be a fly on the wall in the dressing room or when Fox is speaking to Sherwood etc!! We haven't heard from either Fox or Lerner in months.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:35 pm

Sherwood post match video interview. Apparently he's the man we should want when backed into a corner as he will " "keep swinging punches until it works" I don't mind Tim the man, I want to make that clear. He's a nice affable character, I just dont think he's the man to set this club on the path to recovery. It's a big job and many have failed before him. It's clear he's ill equipped to do this job, so let's have a nice civil parting of ways. It will start to get nasty should we lose at home to Swansea I feel.

Fox, Lerner and the the rest who make decisions need to strong right now and provide leadership and do what is clearly needed. Thanks for keeping us up, however we need a proper fully qualified manager now, not a "learn on the job" apprentice. Keep him as a no2 no problem with that. Just get a proper manager in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34562056
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:38 pm

So basically he's saying he'll keep throwing stuff at the wall and hope that it sticks. I'd prefer someone who approached it by knowing what they are doing!
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:50 pm

Lots of talk of Moyes wanting the job in the papers Tomorrow. With all this noise, seems like he may of been tentatively approached. Also rumours of board meetings and possible activity on Monday (however this is Twitter chatter)

Sherwood SACKED - Page 11 Image17

Sherwood SACKED - Page 11 Image18

Sherwood SACKED - Page 11 Image19
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:58 pm

I said before that I know RL thinks very highly of Moyes and it wouldn't surprise me. I do wonder how he fits in with our supposed strategy with DoFs and moneyball etc? FWIW, I'd welcome him as an appointment if Tim went. He's not exciting but he was a bloody good manager at Everton and we're a very similar club to the Everton he joined (who were always near the bottom under Walter Smith).

What do these stories mean? Could be Moyes' people signalling that he would be willing to talk to us should Tim go? Or could be that we've already made a move? It seemed like Tim was sounded out long before Lambert lost his job so it may be how Fox operates.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:47 am

I'd take him in a heartbeat. You don't hold down a job at a mid-table club for a decade without knowing what you're doing.

We couldn't be that lucky, could we?

Chris Harte
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next