www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sherwood SACKED

+8
Sandie
GadgetMan
villabromsgrove
Morddred
avfcff1982
gdav
Liberty
Chris Harte
12 posters

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

Should Sherwood be sacked as Villa Manager?

Sherwood SACKED - Page 12 I_vote_lcap82%Sherwood SACKED - Page 12 Empty 82% 
[ 9 ]
Sherwood SACKED - Page 12 I_vote_lcap18%Sherwood SACKED - Page 12 Empty 18% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 11

Sherwood SACKED - Page 12 Empty Re: Sherwood SACKED

Post by GadgetMan Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:24 pm

Id say moyes agent is making it known he wants the job. It wouldn't surprise me if he was appointed as already said, RL is a big fan.

My concerns would be A, his time at mufc and whether that has had an effect on him, with regards to the EPL. B, his teams were always slow starters (could have finished higher if they started playing before October and C his current side are doing pretty much as badly as we are, but is that because of the slow start thing he seems to have or because they're a relatively poor side in the La Ligue anyway?

So not a solid yes from me. Each time the job has become available, I've not wanted him. I'd fully back him if he came, as he's probably the best we could get. Maybe he would stabilise us and get us back on the road to recovery?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:29 pm

Work in progress? Where did we hear that recently?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:44 pm

Sandie wrote:Work in progress? Where did we hear that recently?

Haha! Watched Moyes team today. Dreadful. Out of the relegation spots on GD and in danger of being imminently sacked after another home defeat. No thanks.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:05 pm

Sherwood: "I've felt bored watching it myself"

Tim Sherwood says he is bored by watching his Aston Villa side and has told them they must not be scared to lose.

The beleaguered boss is under pressure with Villa five points from safety having lost their last five games.

They have scored just two goals in their last four and Sherwood admitted his frustration.

‘The last few weeks have been boring, I’ve felt bored watching it,’ he said. ‘People going square, sideways, I’m not telling them to do that. I’m telling them to express themselves.’

There have been suggestions that a failure to beat Swansea on Saturday could seal his fate, but after Saturday’s defeat by Chelsea he rejected suggestions he must be more pragmatic to save his job.

‘Why do we need to be more pragmatic? I would never be pragmatic,’ he said. ‘I’ve done it a few times but I don’t like myself for it.

‘I’m trying to instil in them not to be scared to lose. If anyone should be scared to lose then it should be me. But I’m not. I want to go out on the front foot and if I die, I die on my sword.

‘I’m trying to find the right formula, we’re a team in transition with a young group of players. It’s obvious for everyone to see.’

A press officer denied Sherwood the opportunity to answer questions surrounding Villa’s infamous summer recruitment policy of almost exclusively signing youngsters to fill the void left by a number of departed star names.

But Sherwood added: ‘I appreciate the way the players adapted and tried to do what I asked since the international break which is to press a little bit higher, with that higher line and you have to be brave to do that here.’
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:47 am

I think that Sherwood's latest comments show that he knows his days are numbered. He doesn't sound as though he has any belief in the players, so he's trying to flag up the image of "Gung Ho Tim" in the time he's got left. "It's the players fault .... they weren't good enough to play my kind of football, I deserve a better club."
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:28 pm

You're bored Tim? Try 5 years of this sh*t

Seriously though he's off his trolley and just coming out with any old crap now. Full on self preservation mode. I said on here a few weeks back, expect a full PR overdrive, players, manager. Well it's happening. They all think we can do this and do that. I don't care. Show me. It's just empty rhetoric!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:09 pm

Sherwood seems to have this weird idea that he and the players are separate entities, and should be judged seperately.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:24 pm

GadgetMan wrote:You're bored Tim? Try 5 years of this sh*t
Well said.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:40 pm

If you were a neutral you'd probably get a kick out of watching Sherwood's Villa in much the same way a rubbernecker does a car crash.

That's what we are now, a car crash.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:43 pm

Sandie wrote:If you were a neutral you'd probably get a kick out of watching Sherwood's Villa in much the same way a rubbernecker does a car crash.

That's what we are now, a car crash.
Due to an unqualified driver, and an under maintained vehicle?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:53 pm

Does the Swindon Chairman know something we don't. He talks about rogers and sherwood and say's
“You go down the list and you see names like Brendan Rodgers and Tim Sherwood, who is a friend of mine.

“You can only dream of people like that coming to manage the football club.

“They are just coming out of the Premier League, they aren’t going to drop down to League One and you wouldn’t be able to afford them if you could.

http://www.flicwiltshire.com/poyet-may-be-one-of-the-favourites-but-hes-not-a-target-for-power/?
danclare82
danclare82
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:17 pm

The irony would be that if Sherwood had done a managerial apprenticeship in the lower leagues (somewhere like Swindon) he'd be a much better manager for it. Instead he's been allowed to walk into jobs at two of the biggest clubs in England without really proving himself.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:20 pm

Sandie wrote:The irony would be that if Sherwood had done a managerial apprenticeship in the lower leagues (somewhere like Swindon) he'd be a much better manager for it. Instead he's been allowed to walk into jobs at two of the biggest clubs in England without really proving himself.
The 'They are just coming out the premier league' quote is weird don't you think?
danclare82
danclare82
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:30 pm

Indeed, especially in light of the 'friend of mine' bit.

I think it speaks to how Tim must know he's on borrowed time. Maybe he's already accepted that he'll be gone very soon and that's become an open secret? Hence all the articles with excuses and defending his record (all will help him get his next job) and this mate of his making what's possibly a Freudian slip?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next