www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aston Villa V Arsenal: Sunday 13th December at 1:30PM

5 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What will happen on Sunday?

Aston Villa V Arsenal: Sunday 13th December at 1:30PM - Page 3 I_vote_lcap33%Aston Villa V Arsenal: Sunday 13th December at 1:30PM - Page 3 Empty 33% 
[ 1 ]
Aston Villa V Arsenal: Sunday 13th December at 1:30PM - Page 3 I_vote_lcap33%Aston Villa V Arsenal: Sunday 13th December at 1:30PM - Page 3 Empty 33% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 3

Poll closed

Aston Villa V Arsenal: Sunday 13th December at 1:30PM - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa V Arsenal: Sunday 13th December at 1:30PM

Post by Sandie Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:08 pm

2-0. Surprised
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa V Arsenal: Sunday 13th December at 1:30PM - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa V Arsenal: Sunday 13th December at 1:30PM

Post by Sandie Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Our defence is absolute toss and we've got zilch in the final third. No craft or creativity in front of players at the back who are just liabilities.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:20 pm

Remi Garde has got to get his contribution right. He's not seeing what the fans see. He doesn't seem to understand where games are being lost.

A non existent defence is his fault, because he continues to allow defenders to play as attackers.

Get players on the pitch who are paid to attack Remi!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:24 pm

Sandie wrote:Our defence is absolute toss and we've got zilch in the final third. No craft or creativity in front of players at the back who are just liabilities.
I think we've both said the same thing, at the same time Sandie.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:28 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Remi Garde has got to get his contribution right. He's not seeing what the fans see. He doesn't seem to understand where games are being lost.

A non existent defence is his fault, because he continues to allow defenders to play as attackers.

Get players on the pitch who are paid to attack Remi!

Just look at the second goal, four Arsenal players attacked but apart from Lescott our back four had abandoned ship.

We can see where the problems are but the manager seemingly can't. We have that defence, there's no players there who can attack Arsenal (Gil, Adama etc could do that) and then there's the players who just aren't bothering their arses. There's nothing there.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:33 pm

It's a complete vicious circus of constant unforced errors and lack of confidence and quality. Hutton out of position again, what a suprise!, then shows a complete lack of discipline by brainlessly pulling in the box, If I was one of his team mates I would have kicked his arse at half time. Garde needs to get him out the side NOW , Gueye and Vertout need to impose themselves more and take responsibility for creating. Gestede has had one good ball to attack first half, need to get Traore on to create something for him.
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:33 pm

In think we deserve to go down. You can put the blame firmly at the clubs door for the lack of talent, however you need to look at the players for their lack of 'balls' they need to shoulder some of the blame too. Utterly inept at every level. Effort and fight is a minimum requirement. We don't even have that. We're down boys!!

Devastated for us fans, however Lerner gets what he deserves. Hope it bankrupts him. Absolute arse that's destroyed gigs club with reckless abandonment!! Grossly neglected his responsibilities. As for Garde he looks powerless to effect anything.

No unity, no talent, no fight, no hope. Sorry for the negativity. Just don't see any bright spots anymore.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:37 pm

Part of the problem we have Jim is no player is willing to bollock the other and take responsibility. All just stare at each other when a mistake happens. When I played, I'd be responsible for my game, but also kicking my fellow teamates up the arse when needed and them to me as required. None of that at the club. No character, no BALLS!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:41 pm

'A lack of balls' that's exactly it. Even some of the players people rate have it and it costs us big time. There's players in that side for whom Aston Villa are just a paycheck and they look good when they have to but when it gets down to it and we need someone to run, to press harry or get in the face of people they completely abdicate responsibility.

It's just an appalling mess. You'll all find it hard to believe after this season but I am genuinely someone who looks for the positives.

That said, we're making a bit more of a go of it in the second half.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:43 pm

Gil on for Gestede.

Just when we had started to put crosses in..
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:49 pm

Arsenal have let us back in to it.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:17 pm

Traore on for the last five minutes. I guess that makes a nonsense of that contract story, the manager just thinks he isn't good enough!
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:31 pm

That was another game lost before we kicked a ball. A defence that doesn't intend to defend, and the only players who can win a match are on the bench.

Remi Garde has to take a long hard look at the video of this game, and learn bloody fast.

Traore had his first touch of the game in the 91st minute and frightened Arsenal to death. Hutton had the previous 90 minutes to right royally f*ck us up by refusing to defend!

Are you a man or a mouse Remi? Start doing your job properly!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:37 pm

Problem with Traore is he did that first run and then nothing else apart from tackling himself. He's not ready to start, but I'd give him longer than 5 minutes. Should of come on when jack did.

I can't abide Sanchez, he's half arsed and a liability on the ball. As I said earlier it will be as much of a lack of 'balls' as talent that will see us down. We have no character or personality in the team/squad.

Unless we pull off a Christmas miracle and do wonders Over the festive period (at least 12 points from next 6) as well as a proper striker and fullbacks in the window, we're dead and buried IMO!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:09 pm

I agree with GM that Traore is not the finished article. He's too fond of running up the blind alley. That said, we have such a lack of options that I think he needs to start or at least get a serious chance to impress rather than five minutes at the end of a dead game. I'd start him as we now need to try something different and gamble. I have this question percolating in my head about how well Garde is using his resources. Traore and Kozak are well out of the picture and are players who could change things round (not saying they are magic bullets but what we're doing isn't working so change is required). Why are they REALLY out of the picture? Is it because he sees them as too much of a gamble (which brings us back to the lack of balls point) or is it something else? The contract story on Adama doesn't hold water as we wouldn't be giving him cameos in that case so there must be something else.

Other than that I can't really think of anything to say that I don't say most weeks. It's like groundhog day every weekend. Try something different Remi!
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next