www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread

+14
danclare82
Chris Harte
Obnoxious Lion
Sandie
South London Villan
Andyvilla80
villabromsgrove
Jim Villan
gdav
GadgetMan
ClarrieBlue
haden18
stevieg179avfc
Kimbo
18 posters

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:06 pm

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-boss-remi-garde-10730027?

What do you think? He's a tall defender and he's reasonably quick, but so was Ilori.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread

Post by Sandie Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:45 pm

Centre half isn't really a weak position for us, are two of Okore, Lescott and Richards going to be disappointed?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:05 pm

Sandie wrote:Centre half isn't really a weak position for us, are two of Okore, Lescott and Richards going to be disappointed?
I wonder whether Remi is looking to add size and bite in the Sanchez/Westwood position?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:41 am

villabromsgrove wrote:
Sandie wrote:Centre half isn't really a weak position for us, are two of Okore, Lescott and Richards going to be disappointed?
I wonder whether Remi is looking to add size and bite in the Sanchez/Westwood position?

I think you could be right VB, I'm not convinced by wither Sanchez or AW as our Anchor, so all for it if he's any good (never heard of him) and he's planning on adding him in as a DM. That said if he's good enough and will improve any area, get him in, we're not in a position to be fussy over any player that could improve us.

If we could add a mobile striker to work alongside or in combination with Ayew and Gil, that would be a huge bonus. Rumours Gabby and Grealish could be off to Derby (the former based on a potentially real instagram account and a pic of him and Weimann and the latter via a few whispers) That said I'd also heard rumblings of Gabby to WBA, so let's see, either way I think he's off this window. Goodbye (riddance)
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:28 pm

villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:03 pm

He didn't celebrate his goal as much as you would expect so maybe he knows he's off?

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:12 pm

Even though he's 33 years old he's an experienced defender and he steadies our defence. However, I guess if Fox get's the chance to remove his wages from Villa's books he'll jump at it.

Business will trump football yet again.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:15 pm

This Sane we were linked with is a left-sided centre half. Ready made replacement?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:18 pm

Sandie wrote:This Sane we were linked with is a left-sided centre half. Ready made replacement?
Possibly, but he'll cost 4 million approx. He's 28 years old but relatively inexperienced.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:50 pm

I think we were looking at a six month loan deal for him according to the links. So not exactly going to be a long term solution. If we thought Lerner pinched the pennies in the Premier League...
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:59 pm

Sandie wrote:I think we were looking at a six month loan deal for him according to the links. So not exactly going to be a long term solution. If we thought Lerner pinched the pennies in the Premier League...
I thought Bordeaux had said no to a loan deal .... buy him or no deal?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:09 pm

Sky Sports are saying LA Galaxy have submitted a £3million offer.

LA Galaxy have said they've offered nothing of the sort.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:46 am

Any fee would be minimal, certainly no more than we paid for him, but should we sell him? I see the attraction for the miserly Randy because he's one of our bigger wage earners (surely he's got a relegation pay clause).

It seems that Debuchy may be coming on loan, do we need to use a loan option for right back? Surely Bacuna deserves an extended run. Remi has to be careful that having "lucked" onto a back four unit, he doesn't dismantle it straight away.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:05 pm

Austin gone to Southampton.

He wouldn't have chosen us over them now but I still think we dropped a clanger not going after him in the summer.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:04 pm

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next