www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off

+11
Lionheart
Sandie
villabromsgrove
Morddred
gaffer85
gdav
Jim Villan
Jamie Gray
Jimmycarr
avfcff1982
Liberty
15 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

What will happen against the Magpies?

Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off - Page 9 I_vote_lcap100%Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off - Page 9 Empty 100% 
[ 10 ]
Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off - Page 9 I_vote_lcap0%Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off - Page 9 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off - Page 9 I_vote_lcap0%Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off - Page 9 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off - Page 9 Empty Re: Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off

Post by South London Villan Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:33 pm

Problem we have now is that lower league teams see us as a soft touch due to our recent record against lower league teams which gives them added confidence, raises their game and the inevitable hard fought game
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off - Page 9 Empty Re: Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:35 pm

I had something come up and missed the last 20 minutes. Right result and an exciting evening, but come on Tim .... defending isn't as hard a job as you make it look .... get it sorted! Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off - Page 9 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:36 pm

South London Villan wrote:Problem we have now is that lower league teams see us as a soft touch due to our recent record against lower league teams which gives them added confidence, raises their game and the inevitable hard fought game

Which might suggest that the ideal draw would be another premier league team who'll probably not be arsed and send out their kids.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:41 pm

Here's a novel idea, get a properly organised experienced back four and we will only have to score one goal to win a match. Maybe two goals when someone strikes a worldy like Burke did. It's not rocket science RL/TF/TS.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:42 pm

Well, seems I've got my 'someone shit' wish. The shittest of the shit.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:42 pm

Birmingham at Villa Park. Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off - Page 9 3899152908
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:46 pm

It's one of those draws that will split opinion. I know people who relish those games and others who dread them. Not a game to be taken lightly (no second choice lineups!) as they'll be well up for it but we can smash them.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:48 pm

Sandie wrote:It's one of those draws that will split opinion. I know people who relish those games and others who dread them. Not a game to be taken lightly (no second choice lineups!) as they'll be well up for it but we can smash them.
Whatever we think about the Blues, it's a huge draw and one to be relished. cheers
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:50 pm

Oh ffs!

Tim is going to love this, so will Parksy!
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:52 pm

South London Villan wrote:Oh ffs!

Tim is going to love this, so will Parksy!
Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off - Page 9 4288271622
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lionheart Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:57 pm

Personally I hate these games.
Lionheart
Lionheart
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:59 pm

Lionheart wrote:Personally I hate these games.
I've seen good ones and bad ones. The good ones gave me a huge buzz! Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off - Page 9 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:53 pm

Well that was more exciting than I'd hoped.

A few random thoughts.

From what I saw (and I missed the incident that led up to their penalty) Sánchez was head and shoulders better than Baker at centre-half.

Traore (who, for some reason, the club are calling simply "Adama") is a greedy get who needs to learn to pass. There is a hell of a talent in there though.

Scott Sinclair clearly knows where the net is.

I barely noticed Veretout, while I'm starting to think we signed the wrong brother in Ayew.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:59 pm

Good match thread guys, just read it all, I was on the edge of my seat and I was there ha!! Thanks for all your contributions!

Wowzer that was a weird match. Had the pleasure of spending it Kimbo off here and Jamie Gray. Both total gents (thank you)

So the match? What was Tim thinking? Ha! The who,e balance of the side was wrong and it showed until Notss County lost their puff. Well played to them though and there fans (Jack gave one lucky NC his boots afterwards, nice touch, they adore him like we do. Him and Gil worked hard and looked classy. Adama will frustrate and delight (mostly delight, I hope. The boy is rapid and they could only stop him by kicking him or him messing up the final delivery. Greatly exciting talent to have though.

We gave away two sloppy goals again and they scored a cracker. Sinclair scored three and could have had three more. In ET we could have hit double figures if we'd had our shooting boots on. Joe Cole worked tirelessly when he came on as did Kozak. Also a near cameo and goal from Joe Bennett, wait for it......in CM HAHA!!

I'll write more tomorrow with player ratings etc! A fun night with great company and a win, so can't complain, oh and Blues in the next round, Get In!!!!!!! UTV
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:05 am

Chris Harte wrote:Well that was more exciting than I'd hoped.

A few random thoughts.

From what I saw (and I missed the incident that led up to their penalty) Sánchez was head and shoulders better than Baker at centre-half.

Traore (who, for some reason, the club are calling simply "Adama") is a greedy get who needs to learn to pass. There is a hell of a talent in there though.

Scott Sinclair clearly knows where the net is.

I barely noticed Veretout, while I'm starting to think we signed the wrong brother in Ayew.

I thought Veretout grew into the match in the latter stages and ET and struggled without an actual real midfield partner. I thought the same re Ayew, but held off writing it as it seemed harsh. I commented at the game, we've not even seen a glimpse in any of the matches he's played in yet. He concerns me more than any of our other summer signings. Carlos Sanchez was infinitely better than Baker at CB. You Adama is a greedy git and will need to learn when to pass, if we could take a little of his over confidence and give it to Jack, who still shows glimpses of self doubt then we have two bloody good players in our hands.

Need a striker and a focal point for our attacks, someone clever to link with the undoubted talent Jack, Adama and Gil have. Adebayor (Tims Spurs version please) and we will score loads. Also need to sort a rather creaky defence.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next