www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr. Tony Xia.

+7
Ivan Kraschinsky
Mr Natterjack
Jim Villan
South London Villan
Villa1345
lukevilla
GadgetMan
11 posters

Page 13 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

Dr. Tony Xia. - Page 13 Empty Re: Dr. Tony Xia.

Post by Sandie Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:45 pm

That's a shrewd point. People seem to think they're on board to bring money in but their business, SocFin, actually advises and helps with the sale and purchase of clubs amongst other things. They're on the board of Recon Sports but that might not necessarily suggest they are involved in the day-to-day business of AVFC. That said, Samuelson was described as a Commercial Director so may be taking over areas of Wijeratna's responsibilities regarding sponsorship etc.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:47 am

I think we'll see a marked difference between Recon sports and RAL holdings. Lerner's Ltd company was just a vehicle for Villa ownership, whereas Recon sports will be a wheeler dealer during Dr T's ownership.

Recon company money can be moved through Recon Sports as and when necessary, and because it is company money rather than Dr T's personal money it can be switched from company to company with all the usual tax breaks. Losses can be offset by assets as Franchises are added, and 'offshore' investments can be channeled seamlessly.

Dr T is a quick thinking and quick acting entrepreneur. I don't expect him to take too much time before he implements his plans, so we should be in for an interesting and potentially exciting near future.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:13 pm

I probably shouldn't joke about it, but what a turnaround. Two months ago the country had leadership while Villa were totally leaderless. Now everything's been turned on it's head. Villa have strong leadership, while the country looks like it's going to be run by the political equivalent of Eric Black!

You couldn't make it up could you? Dr. Tony Xia. - Page 13 3640643743
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:31 pm

I've always felt that Boris Johnstone shouldn't be underestimated. Beneath the buffoon lies a clever man. Lately, I've started to wonder whether I've been the one over-estimating him.

But that's by the by. Here's hoping Dr. X isn't ultimately the disappointment that Lerner became.

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:27 pm

Boris is clever, he may even be brilliant but in a kind of 'special' way. He knew 'leave' would badly damage the city of London that he's spent the last few years representing wholeheartedly as Mayor, but his personal ambition allowed him to immediately practice total hypocrisy. His sister says that he is not a Euro Sceptic and favoured remaining in Europe up until a few months ago, but he saw a chance of becoming Prime Minister the easy way, so jumped at it.

Tony Zia has talked a good 'campaign', now he's got to demonstrate that it wasn't just BJ rhetoric.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:01 pm

My feeling is that Boris wanted to lose the referendum but narrowly enough that he could challenge Cameron. It was his masterplan to get the leadership in the medium term. Unfortunately, he was caught out by how many Labour voters sided with him and now Cameron, probably wise to what Boris's plan was, has flicked him the Vs and quit meaning he gets to take charge sooner than he'd like and at a sensitive and crucial time for Britain. This is probably why he seems surprisingly unenthused about winning a campaign and being Prime Minister in waiting. He's made a huge miscalculation and opened Pandora's Box.

In comparison, Xia has it easy. He has made big promises but for now only really has to fund a Championship winning team. The odds aren't too much against him.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:38 pm

Sandie wrote:My feeling is that Boris wanted to lose the referendum but narrowly enough that he could challenge Cameron. It was his masterplan to get the leadership in the medium term. Unfortunately, he was caught out by how many Labour voters sided with him and now Cameron, probably wise to what Boris's plan was, has flicked him the Vs and quit meaning he gets to take charge sooner than he'd like and at a sensitive and crucial time for Britain. This is probably why he seems surprisingly unenthused about winning a campaign and being Prime Minister in waiting. He's made a huge miscalculation and opened Pandora's Box.

In comparison, Xia has it easy. He has made big promises but for now only really has to fund a Championship winning team. The odds aren't too much against him.
Good post Sandie. I wasn't particularly equating DR T with Boris apart from the fact that they both took opportunities that arose at fairly short notice, and I agree that Dr T's task is much much simpler than Boris's seemingly impossible one. However Tony has to have a plan and he has to get it right.

Dr. Tony Xia. - Page 13 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:51 pm

Wyness and RDM are in Beijing seeing Xia and speaking to the Chinese media according to Wyness's twitter.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:58 am

RDM will have to be on the 'red eye' flight back to the UK, if he wants to get to Telford and Stourport today!

It's good that Dr T is publicising his takeover of AVFC in China. Even though he doesn't think the time is right to buy a Chinese club because of all the inflated deals going on now. Getting our name out in the public domain is important.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:26 pm

Yep, Xia wants us to be the best supported English club there so we need to be in the press.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:18 pm

Great to see Xia being proactive in his attempt to grow Villa's profile.
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:01 pm

I'm sorry if I seem stuck on my soap box about the inadequacy of Villa's media capability. It's no good trying to attract new worldwide fans at the moment, because our Official Site is absolutely crap and staffed by a bunch of amateurs. AVTV would be better produced by a bunch of 6th formers on a project! I want to be superbly well informed by my club, rather than have to get my 'info' from wannabe bloggers recycling rumours and general garbage!

Get it sorted Wyness and Co .... before we embarrass ourselves further!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:25 pm

I wonder if it is a side effect of the redundancies? As we know, Jack Woodward the face and voice of AVTV has left the club and I'd not be surprised if other people involved on the Official Site side of things have also been let go. So basically, the club have spent all that money on a lovely new website design but have few to create informative official content for fans.

Like you, I've noticed the even weaker communication from the club. It's not just information on friendlies there has been the issue with signings. It now seems like it takes ages for new players to be formally announced. With the money that the club should now have, why are they struggling so far with communication?

There is also an irony here. Dr X is a far more talkative and accessible figure than Randy Lerner. He's recently started interacting with fans on Twitter and is being far more communicative than I would expect from an owner. So why the lack of info on the website? It's not asking for much to get info on pre-season friendles, is it?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:23 am

AVFC need a couple of media minded fans on board. In the same way as old players like Little and Taylor can contribute Villa related football experience, a couple of erudite fans would instinctively know which buttons to press to grab Villa fan's attention.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:31 pm

I agree that they need someone on board to guide things. Whilst the Saville thing on Twitter was disgraceful from the fan who sent it, they probably need someone to act as a control or advisor on what might prove to be a misstep.

From an article today, we're seeing the start of Xia's plans for the Villa brand: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10259197/
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum