www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transfer Deadline Day!!

4 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Transfer Deadline Day!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer Deadline Day!!

Post by Sandie Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:23 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:He has to be first choice and he has to play every week so that we can at last get some structured width in the side. One injury though and we're back to square with Traore leaving.

Like Ayew, Gestede and Kodjia there's a chance we will lose him for a while in January for the Cup of Nations. We're actually really exposed to that risk.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:44 pm

Boro now saying the deal is not complete in spite of the Doctor's tweets.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:55 pm

Sandie wrote:Boro now saying the deal is not complete in spite of the Doctor's tweets.
Dr T suffering from prematue enunciation again! Transfer Deadline Day!!  - Page 2 3640643743
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:05 pm

Not even a whisper of a keeper .... this could well be our achilles heel this season.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:31 pm

I'm more concerned about the risk of losing almost all our attacking players in January for the Nations' cup and, possibly the full back positions. If Gollini continues in this vein we at least have Bunn or Steer to fill in.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:37 pm

Sandie wrote:I'm more concerned about the risk of losing almost all our attacking players in January for the Nations' cup and, possibly the full back positions. If Gollini continues in this vein we at least have Bunn or Steer to fill in.
There's always the January transfer window for Dr T to entertain us in.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:12 pm

I know I'm on my own here, but this makes me sad. The lad has a unique talent, and other fans will have the excitement of being there as he develops.

http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/2016/middlesbrough-fc-adama-traore-aston-villa-deadline-day-3283945.aspx?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:19 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I know I'm on my own here, but this makes me sad. The lad has a unique talent, and other fans will have the excitement of being there as he develops.

http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/2016/middlesbrough-fc-adama-traore-aston-villa-deadline-day-3283945.aspx?

I am with you, prodigious talent.

When he came on at Palace last year he was frighteningly quick and turned the game until Guzan dropped us in it.
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:23 pm

Be interesting to see how he gets on there. That makes 15 players we have cleared out this summer. FIFTEEN!
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:25 pm

Will there be any more leaving? I saw a rumour that RDM blocked Richard's move to West Ham.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:33 pm

I'd not be surprised if he did. Since Okore quietly slipped out the door we are down to four first team centre halves. If Richards leaves that would see us down to three. That's not enough cover in a crucial position. Truthfully, I wouldn't have let Okore go as Richards has been an accident waiting to happen every time he's played after his first couple of appearances.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:37 pm

I think the whole situation last year, Sherwood then Garde then Black not knowing who to play or how to play was not too good for the likes of Adama joining a new club, new language and only being 18. He must have felt lost and confused and it was no surprise he wanted out.

I know he got injured but there was certainly an argument that we should have gone shit or bust and thrown the flying talents that we had as an attacking threat when our fate was all but sealed. the management at the time played safe and went for experience. FFS we N'Zogbia played more than Adama. Just sums up the mess we were in.

At least we now have a whole new squad and starting XI. Adama joins the list of young talent not given a chance or ruined by the poison that was in and around BMH over the last few years.

Okore was another that I thought that there was a player in there somewhere, Williams went to  Bristol City, Johnson went to Preston.

The whole pressure of trying to survive from Houlier and McCleish onwards made the risk of give youth a chance too much to take and stilted the development and engendered a frustrated, angry squad. How many times did we look at the starting XI and see the same faces going through the motions, Holman, El Ahmadi, Beye............
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:40 pm

I generally avoid this kind of post because it's probably Townist! Has Traore's agent actually been to Middlesbrough? I have in pursuit of Villa, and I've also avoided it many times while driving up and down the A1.

How can I put it? The place is a depressing disaster. Put yourself in Adama's shoes for a minute. He's a young well off lad who's just signed a four year sentence to an unfashionable Premier Club, who may well be back in the Championship in a few months time. Where's the nightlife gaffer? Erm, there's Darlington if you fancy a couple of social clubs, or there's Hartlepool where the Bingo's rocking. Newcastle is over forty miles away, and you need a pass out from the manager!

The bright lights and sophistication of Birmingham (I'm being serious here) are light years ahead of this small town in the North East. Adama, what have you done to yourself?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:47 pm

i think Yarm is where it is at, that is where all the footballers get arrested.

South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:55 pm

South London Villan wrote:I think the whole situation last year, Sherwood then Garde then Black not knowing who to play or how to play was not too good for the likes of Adama joining a new club, new language and only being 18. He must have felt lost and confused and it was no surprise he wanted out.

I know he got injured but there was certainly an argument that we should have gone shit or bust and thrown the flying talents that we had as an attacking threat when our fate was all but sealed. the management at the time played safe and went for experience. FFS we N'Zogbia played more than Adama. Just sums up the mess we were in.

At least we now have a whole new squad and starting XI. Adama joins the list of young talent not given a chance or ruined by the poison that was in and around BMH over the last few years.

Okore was another that I thought that there was a player in there somewhere, Williams went to  Bristol City, Johnson went to Preston.

The whole pressure of trying to survive from Houlier and McCleish onwards made the risk of give youth a chance too much to take and stilted the development and engendered a frustrated, angry squad. How many times did we look at the starting XI and see the same faces going through the motions, Holman, El Ahmadi, Beye............

That's probably a fair enough set of points. I'd have liked to have seen him play more last season and it might be that whole season of frustration affected his judgement when he was told he was playing and then dropped for being late earlier this season. Whether it's that or whether he had an attitude problem that stopped him getting games last season will probably become clear with how he performs at Boro.

We certainly haven't been a good place for players to develop the past few seasons.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next