www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transfer Deadline Day!!

4 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Transfer Deadline Day!!  - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer Deadline Day!!

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:55 pm

South London Villan wrote:i think Yarm is where it is at, that is where all the footballers get arrested.

I'd forgotten Yarm. It's got an annual gala and fair. and a fun run, the church is Anglican, I wonder whether that may be a problem? Adama should be clear favourite for the fun run though. Happy days! Transfer Deadline Day!!  - Page 3 3640643743
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:57 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I generally avoid this kind of post because it's probably Townist! Has Traore's agent actually been to Middlesbrough? I have in pursuit of Villa, and I've also avoided it many times while driving up and down the A1.

How can I put it? The place is a depressing disaster. Put yourself in Adama's shoes for a minute. He's a young well off lad who's just signed a four year sentence to an unfashionable Premier Club, who may well be back in the Championship in a few months time. Where's the nightlife gaffer? Erm, there's Darlington if you fancy a couple of social clubs, or there's Hartlepool where the Bingo's rocking. Newcastle is over forty miles away, and you need a pass out from the manager!

The bright lights and sophistication of Birmingham (I'm being serious here) are light years ahead of this small town in the North East. Adama, what have you done to yourself?

Harsh. I'm told you've never lived until you've seen the sunrise over the chemical works in Redcar.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:00 pm

Sandie wrote:

We certainly haven't been a good place for players to develop the past few seasons.
This says it all. We've damaged some good prospects.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:04 pm

Sandie wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:I generally avoid this kind of post because it's probably Townist! Has Traore's agent actually been to Middlesbrough? I have in pursuit of Villa, and I've also avoided it many times while driving up and down the A1.

How can I put it? The place is a depressing disaster. Put yourself in Adama's shoes for a minute. He's a young well off lad who's just signed a four year sentence to an unfashionable Premier Club, who may well be back in the Championship in a few months time. Where's the nightlife gaffer? Erm, there's Darlington if you fancy a couple of social clubs, or there's Hartlepool where the Bingo's rocking. Newcastle is over forty miles away, and you need a pass out from the manager!

The bright lights and sophistication of Birmingham (I'm being serious here) are light years ahead of this small town in the North East. Adama, what have you done to yourself?

Harsh. I'm told you've never lived until you've seen the sunrise over the chemical works in Redcar.
When I was a lad I had a best mate who looked like David Essex and had a fantastic life ahead of him .... then he met a girl and moved to Redcar with her. I saw him a few years later and he was a wrinkled wreck. I rest my case My Lord. affraid
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:10 pm

Is that it for today?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:33 pm

I think so, if there's any more business it will be outward.

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:37 pm

There's still the announcement of the new Technical Director to look forward to tomorrow. Onwards and upwards!

cheers Transfer Deadline Day!!  - Page 3 205019816 Transfer Deadline Day!!  - Page 3 4288271622 Transfer Deadline Day!!  - Page 3 2614569260
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:15 pm

John Percy has just tweeted that Villa are all done.

It's been a good transfer window overall. I'm sure we all have things that we wish might have been done that haven't materialised, but I'm mostly satisfied with the change of playing personnel at AVFC.

Transfer Deadline Day!!  - Page 3 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:48 pm

very impressed in the end with our transfer business, really pleased with Adomah signing today, as VB said he needs to be a starter and this will bring more natural balance to the side. Most of signings bring a wealth of experience and are more than proven at championship level. Very excited now to see this team play together, there is a wealth of experience amonst the group now and some strength in depth upfront. we need to be lucky with injuries in certain areas particularly centre back and centre mid.
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:00 pm

Somebody expressed an interest in Gabby!
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/gabby-agbonlahor-rejects-chance-move-11826506

Unfortunately he turned it down.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:09 pm

Heres the list of goals and assists of our players in THEIR last season played in the Championship.
                  Goals               Assists
Adomah        6                     5
Kodjia          19                     3
McCormack   21                   9
Gestede        20                   4
Gardner        2                     1
Elphick         1                     2
de lait          2                     3
Baker           1                     1

72 goals           28 assists

Add to this potential goals and assists from Grealish,Ayew Amavi Jedinak and tshibola who don't qualify for this list as they haven't played a full championship season. Shows that their is somewhat an unbalance between scoring goals and players to set them up, We are relying heavily on Grealish McCormack and Adomah to provide the bulk of our chances, those players need to stay injury free!!!
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:31 am

I think that illustrates just how key Ross McCormack will be this season. He makes them and he takes them.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:35 am

Sandie wrote:Somebody expressed an interest in Gabby!
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/gabby-agbonlahor-rejects-chance-move-11826506

Unfortunately he turned it down.
Gabby has become far too comfortable with his situation. He clearly isn't bothered about playing football any more. He just wants a footballers wages and lifestyle. He needs to be put on gardening leave away from our young impressionable players.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:45 am

Dr T says that he's got the African Cup covered, with the intention to loan a couple of players and buy one or two in January.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:11 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Gabby has become far too comfortable with his situation. He clearly isn't bothered about playing football any more. He just wants a footballers wages and lifestyle. He needs to be put on gardening leave away from our young impressionable players.

I would give him a choice now, either he accepts a payoff or he can continue to draw his salary but in complete exile, a bit like how Adebayor ended up at Spurs. I imagine the club will be seething that he was told to find a new club and then turned one (at a better level than his recent form deserves) down.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next