www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preston North End FC v Aston Villa FC .... Sat October 1st 3pm kick off.

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Will this be our second win of the season?

Preston North End FC v Aston Villa FC .... Sat October 1st 3pm kick off. I_vote_lcap50%Preston North End FC v Aston Villa FC .... Sat October 1st 3pm kick off. Empty 50% 
[ 2 ]
Preston North End FC v Aston Villa FC .... Sat October 1st 3pm kick off. I_vote_lcap50%Preston North End FC v Aston Villa FC .... Sat October 1st 3pm kick off. Empty 50% 
[ 2 ]
Preston North End FC v Aston Villa FC .... Sat October 1st 3pm kick off. I_vote_lcap0%Preston North End FC v Aston Villa FC .... Sat October 1st 3pm kick off. Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

Preston North End FC v Aston Villa FC .... Sat October 1st 3pm kick off. Empty Preston North End FC v Aston Villa FC .... Sat October 1st 3pm kick off.

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:07 am

We haven't won an away match since we undeservedly beat Bournemouth on the first day of last season. We desperately need to win this one!

Preston should be beatable by a half decent team, but we're not any kind of a team at the moment. We've got better players than Preston, that's indisputable, but we also have a manager and backroom staff who appear to be involved in proving that if you lock up loads of monkeys with loads of keyboards they will eventually come up with something akin to the works of Shakespeare!

Will we suddenly get it right on Saturday against a very average team, or will we shoot ourselves in the foot again? It seem's from Dr T's latest tweet that RDM will be given more time regardless of the result, so even the bitter satisfaction of knowing that if we throw away another result it will see the end of the 'clueless one" is not open to us.

We have to win don't we?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Preston North End FC v Aston Villa FC .... Sat October 1st 3pm kick off. Empty Re: Preston North End FC v Aston Villa FC .... Sat October 1st 3pm kick off.

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:09 am

I'm going to go for a 2-1 win, on the basis that despite our useless management these players have to win sometime.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Preston North End FC v Aston Villa FC .... Sat October 1st 3pm kick off. Empty Re: Preston North End FC v Aston Villa FC .... Sat October 1st 3pm kick off.

Post by Sandie Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:55 pm

1-1 draw. McCormack to open the scoring and Callum Robinson to equalise in stoppage time.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:22 pm

Bacuna will be suspended for this one. So who at right back? Hutton or Richards?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:54 pm

Sandie wrote:Bacuna will be suspended for this one. So who at right back? Hutton or Richards?
Between the Devil and the deep blue sea. Pre-season my answer would have been Hutton but not now. I know a few lads who are going to the game - maybe I should tell them to take their boots.

Nailed on draw for me. RDM doesn't appear to know what he's doing. In days of old we'd have been a Pool coupon's dream.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:46 pm

Richards.

I might be tempted with Lyden over Westwood or Gardner as well
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:47 pm

I think midfield wise Tshibola and Jedinak would be fine, though maybe Lyden would be a better option on the bench than Westwood.

I'd also go for Richards at right back. His worst moments have all been at centre half. To be honest I'd pick him there even with Bacuna available.

Looking at the form, Preston are below us with the same number of points but they've got there with 3 wins (to our 1) and 1 draw (to our SEVEN).
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:52 am

If Hutton plays we know that he'll spend most of his time pointlessly bombing up the right wing and neglecting his defensive duties. Richards is slightly more positionally aware but still lacks discipline, so it's the lesser of two evils for me .... Richards.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:46 pm

The number of times I watch us and think "where's the bloody right back" is unreal. And that goes for Bacuna as well as Hutton. Richards is probably the best athlete and most skilled attacker of the three, hence he gets my vote even though he seems to have forgotten how to defend. I've seen him do it well historically so I'm not really seeing what's gone wrong?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:48 am

I had a dream last night and we definitely win 3-1 today! Up the Villa! Preston North End FC v Aston Villa FC .... Sat October 1st 3pm kick off. 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:49 pm

This one has 4-1 to Villa written all over it!! Wink
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:02 pm

I hope you guys are right about the win, it might mean these players will start to play with confidence.

The team is in:
Preston North End FC v Aston Villa FC .... Sat October 1st 3pm kick off. Ctrx8g10

Gollini injured? Hutton in for Bacuna and Westwood in for Tshibola. I'm going to run away now in fear that VB will shoot the messenger...
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:08 pm

WHAT THE ....****??****??????
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:17 pm

I still think we'll win because we have better players than Preston, but Di Matteo really is a clueless tw*t. If we win it may well lead to us starting weak players against much stronger teams after the international break.

Having to deal with both the abilities of the opposition players and your own manager's stupidity, is a real handicap for the Villa players.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:27 pm

Crap team selection today, Has Westward not proven unequivically in the least two games that he is the weakest link! The return of Alan (I don't give a shit about defending Hutton). Amavi not playing who for me provides much better balance to the side than grealish does on the left. If we don't win today the Villa fans are going to be fuming. To me this looks like a team picked to not win. Do we have another manager looking for a quick pay off? HOW ELSE CAN YOU JUSTIFY DROPPING TSHIBOLA FOR F******G WESTWARD ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Last edited by Jim Villan on Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next