www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brighton V Aston Villa: Friday 18th November 19:45

3 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What will be the outcome on Friday?

Brighton V Aston Villa: Friday 18th November 19:45  - Page 3 I_vote_lcap50%Brighton V Aston Villa: Friday 18th November 19:45  - Page 3 Empty 50% 
[ 1 ]
Brighton V Aston Villa: Friday 18th November 19:45  - Page 3 I_vote_lcap50%Brighton V Aston Villa: Friday 18th November 19:45  - Page 3 Empty 50% 
[ 1 ]
Brighton V Aston Villa: Friday 18th November 19:45  - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Brighton V Aston Villa: Friday 18th November 19:45  - Page 3 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

Brighton V Aston Villa: Friday 18th November 19:45  - Page 3 Empty Re: Brighton V Aston Villa: Friday 18th November 19:45

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:16 pm

Steve Bruce said after the match that he picked Gabby because of his hard work in losing six kilos and his attitude in training. Gabby tried hard for fifty minutes but was largely ineffective even though he chased the defence and made it uncomfortable for them.

Westwood was another player who chased the ball and pressed with considerable energy, but in his case because he doesn't ever get close enough to actually tackle the player he's pressing he was merely an inconvenience to Brighton rather than a threat.

Gardner also proved ineffective although he's been a lot better in recent matches.

Hutton as usual huffed and puffed up the right but simply cannot kick a ball properly, and leaves space dangerously behind him.

Bruce must make changes to his starting eleven to deal with these weak areas, he can start with forgetting about Bacuna only being a midfielder and picking him at right back. He can then bring back Tshibola from out in the cold, and give him a decent run of matches to settle into the midfield.

Allowing Westwood to continue in midfield means that we will draw more matches that we should win, and we cannot afford that.

If we can dominate Brighton away even with several weak links, imagine what we can do when Bruce puts out the right starting eleven.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Brighton V Aston Villa: Friday 18th November 19:45  - Page 3 Empty Re: Brighton V Aston Villa: Friday 18th November 19:45

Post by Sandie Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:20 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:RHM for one!

I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being the final nail in the coffin of him signing a new deal.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:30 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:If we can dominate Brighton away even with several weak links, imagine what we can do when Bruce puts out the right starting eleven.

Even if we remove the weak links we still have more players pressing for a start than we have spaces in the team. I'd say both Ayew and Grealish did enough to push for a start when they came on and there's also McCormack who was suspended to be figured into the attacking equation.

Should there really be a space for players who were good a few years ago and have been going backwards ever since? Is there some kind of hope they will return to their form of a few (or in Gabby's case quite a few) years ago?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:21 pm

I agree, the players are there if they are used properly. We need to look back on games where everyone on the pitch has fully contributed to three points.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:53 pm

Where's Richards with regard to fitness? He'd be my starting right back.

This is what I'm talking about:
Brighton V Aston Villa: Friday 18th November 19:45  - Page 3 Lineup10

Subs: Bunn, Bacuna, Elphick, Cissokho, Tshibola, McCormack, Gestede

It's not really a 4-2-3-1 as I'd want that front four to be fluid and taking up different positions as needs be and as suits the players. Depending on that they could switch to a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:46 am

I think Richards is some way off. Bruce said last week that his injury was "problematical" which would indicate that he wont be available for a while.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3