www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aston Villa V Cardiff: Saturday 26th November 15:00

3 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

What will be the outcome against Cardiff?

Aston Villa V Cardiff: Saturday 26th November 15:00 - Page 4 I_vote_lcap100%Aston Villa V Cardiff: Saturday 26th November 15:00 - Page 4 Empty 100% 
[ 3 ]
Aston Villa V Cardiff: Saturday 26th November 15:00 - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%Aston Villa V Cardiff: Saturday 26th November 15:00 - Page 4 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Aston Villa V Cardiff: Saturday 26th November 15:00 - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%Aston Villa V Cardiff: Saturday 26th November 15:00 - Page 4 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

Aston Villa V Cardiff: Saturday 26th November 15:00 - Page 4 Empty Re: Aston Villa V Cardiff: Saturday 26th November 15:00

Post by Sandie Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:03 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Jim Villan wrote:Get in, our 3-1 prediction could be on the cars VB!!
cheers Great minds think alike! cheers

Funnily enough, I was asked what I thought just before kick off and said 3-1 to us as well! Obviously different to what I posted here though!

I agree with your comment about Westwood. I felt we actually offered very little in midfield against Cardiff. Sure, Westwood made the odd touch but other than that Jedinak seemed to be the extent of our midfield. I'm liking Mile now after a difficult start, he also seldom loses an aerial duel. Westwood is just too lightweight. He wasn't involved yesterday and I was very disappointed in how he started the season but I think Gardner offers more as a physical presence in midfield in spite of being a more forward-minded midfielder. Hutton was okay, I noticed the suspect positioning at times but he has a good bond with Adomah going forward and he has also stopped that daft thing he does where he puts in a badly aimed cross to an imaginary player, partly because he has a winger to play with.

Overall, I thought the scoreline flattered us a bit but Cardiff were a poor side more interested in kicking us than doing something constructive. I think Chester was immense, Kodjia and Adomah very good indeed and was also impressed with Jedinak (as mentioned) and Amavi. When Amavi wasn't getting a game for us I had the impression it was because he was weak defensively but from what I see this season the defensive side of his game is now very impressive. I was somewhat unimpressed with Ayew, however, he was doing his usual thing of holding the ball too long and ending up turning over the ball. It must be very difficult to manage a player that mercurial. He is wonderful when on song but hopeless on an off day and there is nothing to tell what kind of day he was going to have.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa V Cardiff: Saturday 26th November 15:00 - Page 4 Empty Re: Aston Villa V Cardiff: Saturday 26th November 15:00

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:43 pm

Sandie wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
Jim Villan wrote:Get in, our 3-1 prediction could be on the cars VB!!
cheers Great minds think alike! cheers

Funnily enough, I was asked what I thought just before kick off and said 3-1 to us as well! Obviously different to what I posted here though!

I agree with your comment about Westwood. I felt we actually offered very little in midfield against Cardiff. Sure, Westwood made the odd touch but other than that Jedinak seemed to be the extent of our midfield. I'm liking Mile now after a difficult start, he also seldom loses an aerial duel. Westwood is just too lightweight. He wasn't involved yesterday and I was very disappointed in how he started the season but I think Gardner offers more as a physical presence in midfield in spite of being a more forward-minded midfielder. Hutton was okay, I noticed the suspect positioning at times but he has a good bond with Adomah going forward and he has also stopped that daft thing he does where he puts in a badly aimed cross to an imaginary player, partly because he has a winger to play with.

Overall, I thought the scoreline flattered us a bit but Cardiff were a poor side more interested in kicking us than doing something constructive. I think Chester was immense, Kodjia and Adomah very good indeed and was  also impressed with Jedinak (as mentioned) and Amavi. When Amavi wasn't getting a game for us I had the impression it was because he was weak defensively but from what I see this season the defensive side of his game is now very impressive. I was somewhat unimpressed with Ayew, however, he was doing his usual thing of holding the ball too long and ending up turning over the ball. It must be very difficult to manage a player that mercurial. He is wonderful when on song but hopeless on an off day and there is nothing to tell what kind of day he was going to have.
You've summed up almost exactly the way that the commentators on BBC radio WM saw the game. Thanks for the confirmation Sandie. Progress is being made by key players.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4