www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huddersfield V Aston Villa: Tuesday 7th March 19:45

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What will happen on Tuesday?

Huddersfield V Aston Villa: Tuesday 7th March 19:45 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Huddersfield V Aston Villa: Tuesday 7th March 19:45 - Page 2 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Huddersfield V Aston Villa: Tuesday 7th March 19:45 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Huddersfield V Aston Villa: Tuesday 7th March 19:45 - Page 2 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Huddersfield V Aston Villa: Tuesday 7th March 19:45 - Page 2 I_vote_lcap100%Huddersfield V Aston Villa: Tuesday 7th March 19:45 - Page 2 Empty 100% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 1

Huddersfield V Aston Villa: Tuesday 7th March 19:45 - Page 2 Empty Re: Huddersfield V Aston Villa: Tuesday 7th March 19:45

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:48 pm

I'd love to know what Bruce said to them at half time. We were the most likely to score in the first half because we were getting men into their box and they wobbled under the pressure. Second half (as usual?) we sat back and stopped pressing from the restart. Huddersfield said thank you very much and pressed our box without any effort on our behalf to break out. The net result was obvious .... one in the net. When will we learn?

After the inevitable happened our players were finally allowed to go forward again and put Huddersfield on the rack. Bruce's in built negativity costs us against half decent teams. Villa should not have lost tonight, Huddersfield should not have won!

They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, and Steve Bruce epitomises an old dog .... Grrr!

villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Huddersfield V Aston Villa: Tuesday 7th March 19:45 - Page 2 Empty Re: Huddersfield V Aston Villa: Tuesday 7th March 19:45

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:02 pm

Before the game I said that if we sat back we would eventually concede. First half we pressed when we could and Huddersfield weren't comfortable and looked the most likely to concede. Second half for whatever reason we sat deep and Huddersfield found enough confidence in possession to sneak a goal.

Simple game this football.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:15 pm

Meh. I'm neither surprised nor disappointed. I didn't expect a win and we didn't get a win so I'm not going to get too vexed about it.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:38 am

I would have agreed with you before the match Sandie, but I've woken up feeling frustrated as we had Huddesfield playing our game first half (we rattled them even with less than 40% possession). Second half was same old, same old! We came out with clear instructions to keep it tight, and soak up the pressure for the first fifteen minutes, which handed the game to Huddersfield. They love to play in the space in front of deep defences probing for errors and whipping percentage balls into the box to get a result. We duly obliged them.
How long will it take Bruce to work out that if you pack our last 25 metres with ten Villa players no one has a clear sight of the ball and we end up with static players waiting to react to the opposition's movement, and getting in each others way while waving and pointing. Also there's obviously no out ball in that situation because there's nobody up the pitch bar a heavily marked Kodjia.
Why change something that's working, for something that is a clear failure?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2