www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newcastle V Aston Villa: Saturday 19th December at 5:30PM

5 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What will happen at St. James Park?

Newcastle V Aston Villa: Saturday 19th December at 5:30PM - Page 3 I_vote_lcap20%Newcastle V Aston Villa: Saturday 19th December at 5:30PM - Page 3 Empty 20% 
[ 1 ]
Newcastle V Aston Villa: Saturday 19th December at 5:30PM - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Newcastle V Aston Villa: Saturday 19th December at 5:30PM - Page 3 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Newcastle V Aston Villa: Saturday 19th December at 5:30PM - Page 3 I_vote_lcap80%Newcastle V Aston Villa: Saturday 19th December at 5:30PM - Page 3 Empty 80% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Newcastle V Aston Villa: Saturday 19th December at 5:30PM - Page 3 Empty Re: Newcastle V Aston Villa: Saturday 19th December at 5:30PM

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:58 pm

8/9 defensive players and 2 attackers!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Newcastle V Aston Villa: Saturday 19th December at 5:30PM - Page 3 Empty Re: Newcastle V Aston Villa: Saturday 19th December at 5:30PM

Post by GadgetMan Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:23 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:8/9 defensive players and 2 attackers!

Let's hope the saying "There's more than one way to skin a cat" is true and we don't just need to go all out to get a result. I can see why he's gone the way he has. I'm just not convinced he trusts the rest to work hard enough, which we will need. This is the best we have until we get to Jan. Sad and depressing, but probably true.

I think Remi Garde has to have our trust, for me, he's not done anything wrong not to have it yet. It's hard to stomach, however I just don't see Gil, Jack and Traore as the answer to start at a vibrant St James Park, we have to earn the right to play now, then when we have get our more creative players on. That's my take on it anyway and another perspective.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:07 pm

Got to get tighter, too nice, press, move fight!
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:11 pm

This defending is awful again. Guzan has to organise them better. Is it zonall or man to man
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:20 pm

Shit or bust conceding goals anyway, with our point tally may as lose by 10 & score 9 than one nil or rwo nil.
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:29 pm

I've got to disagree GM. There is no excuse for giving up before a ball is kicked. The team that Garde has picked is a shameful capitulation for Villa, and we're still in the first half of the season.

Most teams play one holding central midfielder, Southampton have started losing since they switched to two in the centre .... and today we are playing FOUR!

We appear to have a manager who does not want to get thrashed, but is happy to lose respectably by the odd goal.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:31 pm

We have to go for it now. God we're woeful aren't we? As much as I love my team, we are the worst team by far in the league and despite still having blind hope that we may be able to pull off a great escape (maybe it's not being able to accept the reality of it) we will fully deserve it if/when we do drop. This year there aren't three worse teams than us sadly.

Need a BIG second 45 on a dreadful pitch (should be better than this at EPL level) The surface is as bad as we are. Dreadful again!! I've seen nothing different at all today, really disappointed.

Almost seems like the club and players have given up and settling for being down..........it's ok though, Mr Fox says we've improved commercially, what a t**t he is!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:44 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I've got to disagree GM. There is no excuse for giving up before a ball is kicked. The team that Garde has picked is a shameful capitulation for Villa, and we're still in the first half of the season.

Most teams play one holding central midfielder, Southampton have started losing since they switched to two in the centre .... and today we are playing FOUR!

We appear to have a manager who does not want to get thrashed, but is happy to lose respectably by the odd goal.

That's fair enough and your right. I purely looked at it from a "I can see what he's trying to do" and that maybe HE doesn't trust the other players not selected, as opposed to thinking this is the way to play/set up. Whatever his reason, It hasn't worked though and now he needs to remedy that by making changes asap. I do think that some believe it's as simple as playing Gil, Jack and Traore, when this has been proven to be equally poor. We just aren't very good, that's the main problem.

I think it's harsh on Garde to say it's a 'shameful capitulation' given we're 1-0 down away to Newcastle (who have won their last two and played well) He may of got it wrong, but it's not shameful and I don't think he's happy to lose either. Have a sherry and a mince pie, that's a tad harsh I think. We can't say with any certainty that playing any other combination would achieve anything else and or better, we can only guess. I've seen all combos under Sherwood and we were shit with all of them.

Let's say he picked those three mentioned and we're 5 nil down at HT would that be shameful or giving it a go? It's a fine line for me mate!! You have to be pragmatic to a point and I think he is definitely doing what he sees as the best thing to get points. I personally think after only a few games he deserves a little space and trust to do that, or does he now get tarred with the same brush as all those that have gone before? General question to the forum and not in relation to the post. It does appear that people have given up on him already and totally ignoring the last 5/6 years and what's got us here and the job he has.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:47 pm

Main point for me is Garde is still at the stage (for me) where he deserves the chance to pick what he sees as the right XI to get a result and yet the general reaction is to judge him (who's not to blame) on the wider mess that we're in.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:59 pm

Case in point that with pretty much the same XI and same midfielders we've come out with a different tempo, it's not all about who he picks, but more how they play when picked. For me the biggest problem is the players aren't good enough and that low on confidence that it's almost an impossible job.

Just look at what a goal has done, given us belief, equally we go behind again and it will go again. For me Garde is the least of our problems here and the finger of blame has to go to all that has gone before with Lerner, countless managers and Fox and his merrymen......

Anyway, better half, let's go and win. Keep up the same tempo and belief and we have a chance!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:34 pm

We played a poor team today and still weren't prepared to play for a win. We have to play much better teams in the remaining part of the season who will stuff the team we put out today. What impact would Traore have had in the last twenty minutes on that pitch? We can only speculate because he wasn't "trusted" to give it a go. There are half a dozen teams that we have a genuine chance of beating .... Newcastle were one of them, and yet we were too negative to give ourselves a proper chance! If we draw every remaining game this season we still go down.

Pragmatism will get us relegated.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:37 pm

A well deserved point in the end and yet many on Twitter want Garde sacked....I give up!! Wow!!

Yes we could of really gone for it at the end, had we of, chances are we would have lost and he'd be slagged for costing us a point. For me a point is acceptable away to an in form Newcastle. May not be enough, but I won't criticise that second half. It may give us a little bit of belief and confidence. Hope so UTV
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:46 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:We played a poor team today and still weren't prepared to play for a win. We have to play much better teams in the remaining part of the season who will stuff the team we put out today. What impact would Traore have had in the last twenty minutes on that pitch? We can only speculate because he wasn't "trusted" to give it a go. There are half a dozen teams that we have a genuine chance of beating .... Newcastle were one of them, and yet we were too negative to give ourselves a proper chance! If we draw every remaining game this season we still go down.

Pragmatism will get us relegated.

It's all so easy this football management lark isn't it?! wonder why we aren't all employed in the game haha!! Seriously though, there has to be a balance, we're so fragile at the back, so whilst it's easy for us to sit here and say we should've done this, that and the other (hell that's what forums are for) but the reality is often different. As I said, say he picked a team to "go and win" and we get stuffed, what then?" I know what then, Garde Out shouts, just like he's getting now for doing it his way. I think after 6/7 games in charge he has the right to still have our trust and those calling for him to be sacked are really missing the point and should look at others to blame way before him.

As fans do we really give up on managers after half a dozen games? Who was it that called us fickle?!! He's not the reason we are deep in the shit and at want point do we point the fingers at the players? pretty much same team played second half, it was all about tempo and desire and not individual selections that changed that match. It can't always be the manager's fault. A draw away to Newcastle is a decent point, it's only the situation that makes it not so and that isn't Garde's fault.

Anyway enjoy our Saturday night, there are bigger things than Villa to stress about. I have a tree to put up and presents to buy Shocked santa Newcastle V Aston Villa: Saturday 19th December at 5:30PM - Page 3 3679068969
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:57 pm

I guess I'm really frustrated because there aren't many teams that we can beat, and Newcastle (imo) was one of them. We have to throw the kitchen sink at the opposition when we have a 'three points' opportunity.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:34 pm

Just back in.

It was a poor selection, really negative at a time when we have little to lose. It takes me back to the question we used to ask about Sherwood 'does he seriously believe that is a team to win this game?'. Throughout the whole of the first half we really obviously lacked any kind of centre forward (before even considering the lack of a supply line) and it was just mindnumbingly awful to watch us. Second half it was obvious a few players had had a rocket but I think Gestede coming on was the turning point. He's a centre forward and meant there was some kind of purpose to our play. Soon as he came on, Ayew started to look up. With Sinclair there wasn't any kind of partnership and Ayew was frankly poor, soon as Rudy came on he was transformed (though no doubt the confidence from the goal helped). Sanchez was utterly hopeless, Hutton tried, Lescott looked good and the ref was crap.

Fans were chanting Adama's name from about the 55th minute so it's not just us on here.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next