www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread

+14
danclare82
Chris Harte
Obnoxious Lion
Sandie
South London Villan
Andyvilla80
villabromsgrove
Jim Villan
gdav
GadgetMan
ClarrieBlue
haden18
stevieg179avfc
Kimbo
18 posters

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread

Post by Jim Villan Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:44 am

Totally agree gdav I love Clarke's effort and attitude but he just doenst have the physicality and positional sense to keep goals out at the top level. He would work more effectively in a 3 man defence as he wouldnt be expose and he does some good work in attacking balls etc, but its when hes stationary and he has opposition attacking the box, he doesnt read situations especially when the balls are in the air and he doesnt seem to have the ability to get himself in front of shots to block them etc. I think this is a season where sentimetality can't come into when picking the side as nobody afilliated with the clubs wants to be battling against regulation for a 5th season in a row. Big questions against Clarke, westwood and sadly agbonlahor who ive always loved as a player, we need players who are adaptable to different systems and give solid 7 out of 10 performaces week in week out, this is the onlyway we are going to get ourselves up the league. all 3 solid squad players imo.
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:41 am

I thought that Clark was fouled by being held down and used as a back by the striker for Dann's goal yesterday. You can argue that he should have been stronger on that one occasion but I think generally he's a good strong CB. I agree with you that his reading of the game in the box can be suspect, sometimes he's caught out of position, and maybe the fact that both he and Richards like to attack the ball, means that an old head like Lescott might sort out our defensive shape for us.

I think you're right about Westwood (Sherwood thinks he's brilliant) and Gabby sadly. They were weak links yesterday, and Sherwood seemed to knackered to notice this. I really think that TS has put in so many 24 hour days during the transfer window that he looked physically and mentally drained yesterday. The sooner the window closes the better, but with TS saying he's got to sell before he buys probably means that he won't get any rest for the next 8 days.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:47 am

I think you are right on the first goal, he was definitely held down allowing Dann to get purchase to make the header but apparently that is ok when attacking at corners.
Shearer, Fat Sam and Lineker all thought it was ok and you can't argue against them potatoes.
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:57 am

South London Villan wrote:I think you are right on the first goal, he was definitely held down allowing Dann to get purchase to make the header but apparently that is ok when attacking at corners.
Shearer, Fat Sam and Lineker all thought it was ok and you can't argue against them potatoes.
It was such an obvious foul and I think the ref might have given it had he not already incurred the crowds wrath by correctly disallowing the offside 'goal' earlier.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:26 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:The sooner the window closes the better, but with TS saying he's got to sell before he buys probably means that he won't get any rest for the next 8 days.

I wonder if we'll find anyone daft enough to take the likes of N'Zogbia, Richardson or Senderos off our hands? Those seem to be the three that Tim is most keen on bombing out but unfortunately for us you need to have an interested party to take a player off your hands.

I do rate Clark and Westwood. I think Westwood is one of those neat and tidy players who doesn't look that impressive but every team needs. I just wish he wouldn't take so many of our set pieces as he never does well with them! I agree that Clark can be a bit lightweight but other than that he defends well. Positions himself decently and puts in some good tackles. I can totally get why people aren't so keen on them though.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimbo Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:59 pm

Sandie wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:The sooner the window closes the better, but with TS saying he's got to sell before he buys probably means that he won't get any rest for the next 8 days.

I wonder if we'll find anyone daft enough to take the likes of N'Zogbia, Richardson or Senderos off our hands? Those seem to be the three that Tim is most keen on bombing out but unfortunately for us you need to have an interested party to take a player off your hands.

I do rate Clark and Westwood. I think Westwood is one of those neat and tidy players who doesn't look that impressive but every team needs. I just wish he wouldn't take so many of our set pieces as he never does well with them! I agree that Clark can be a bit lightweight but other than that he defends well. Positions himself decently and puts in some good tackles. I can totally get why people aren't so keen on them though.

My biggest problem with Clark - who I defended in his younger days - is how often he gives the ball away. Honestly, count it next time he plays. It's horrifying.
Kimbo
Kimbo
Private
Private

http://www.basementnoise.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyvilla80 Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:49 pm

I'm still desperately hoping we go in for Charlie Austin. If ever there's a match made in heaven it's Austin at Villa. Proper centre forward, potential to score 20 goals in a decent side & solid work ethic. The Holte loves a centre forward & Austin fits the bill for me.
Andyvilla80
Andyvilla80
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:52 pm

Andyvilla80 wrote:I'm still desperately hoping we go in for Charlie Austin. If ever there's a match made in heaven it's Austin at Villa. Proper centre forward, potential to score 20 goals in a decent side & solid work ethic. The Holte loves a centre forward & Austin fits the bill for me.

Andy, I think he'd do really well here and as you say he fits the bill. I really don't think TS is keen (this is a guess) He seems to be trying to build a team on fitness, speed, acceleration, high energy etc etc! CA doesn't fit that mold. I could be totally wrong (it's been known ha) I just don't see this one coming off, if it does, I'll be delighted as with the right service he will guarantee goals (didn't we have a similar striker that we not long let go?)
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyvilla80 Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:51 pm

I'd just like to wake up on 2nd Sept and see what's happened. The best thing is that the big stars have gone so we're not awaiting bids for our guys, other than those we expect to leave. Next summer might be different but I'm enjoying the positivity since Delph went.
Andyvilla80
Andyvilla80
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:01 pm

Aye, I had the Everton V Man City game earlier on and the pundits were talking about how Everton could buy some quality players with the £35million or so they want for John Stones. That's all well and good but if they sell him they'll have little time to make those signings whilst selling clubs will be increasing the prices knowing Everton have money and will be running out of time.

Whilst it's a shame Benteke and Delph left, they both did so early in the window giving us plenty of time to bring in the players we have with the money we got.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:56 am

Good points on Delph and CB leaving early. The CB one could of dragged on. I still think we have one or two surprises to come. RL hasn't spent less than 10m Net in any summer window, even whilst been up for sale, quite often teh average spend has been 20m. So I'm hoping we can shift Nzog, Richardson, Tonev, Cole, Senderos etc and bring in a couple more to go straight into the side. Should be an interesting week...

We'll have a dedicated Transfer day thread so we can keep all discussion for one day in the one place, to talk about the window in general and whatever else we wish to chat about Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread - Page 3 4288271622 Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread - Page 3 205019816
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:11 am

South London Villan, you've got a PM. Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread - Page 3 4288271622
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:16 am

villabromsgrove wrote:South London Villan, you've got a PM. Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread - Page 3 4288271622

Just replied.
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:29 am

I would really like to see us get Austin but I just can't see Randy meeting his wage demands, the spirit of deadly doug is permeating through to the board room.
Having seen Dwight Gayle linked with Hull and Bristol City for around £6 million I think he would be wasted in The Championship.
He has been Palace's top scorer for the last 2 seasons in the Premiership, is pacey and his stats show he has one of the highest shots on target ratios in the league.
I think he could play a similar role to Gabby just with the finishing ability.
His wages won't be astronomical and with the style of play TS seems to be playing with pace he would be a great fit.
However I think TS wants a big bustling powerfull target man, a la Sako, but we missed out on him so I suspect it will be back to the Adebayor links.
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by haden18 Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:35 pm

Anybody think there's anything in gabbys Instagram posts tonight? I'd be gutted if he went from a villa local lad point of view but we need him out, new era and all that.
haden18
haden18
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next