www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread

+14
danclare82
Chris Harte
Obnoxious Lion
Sandie
South London Villan
Andyvilla80
villabromsgrove
Jim Villan
gdav
GadgetMan
ClarrieBlue
haden18
stevieg179avfc
Kimbo
18 posters

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:15 pm

Knighty5 wrote:Pretty sure the injuries were what happened to him. Dont think he can shake of the knee injury. I heard he hardly trained at Swansea. I don't think the link is true IMO.

It does seem like an odd one. IF he could somehow recapture the form of his first season with Swansea, what an asset he could be.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread

Post by Knighty5 Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:20 pm

Very true he would be a huge asset, however me being the sceptic find it difficult that players can tecapture form from years earlier.

Knighty5
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:46 pm

Knighty5 wrote:Find the Michu link strange, heard he'd got serious knee injury threatening retirement.
I didn't realise that, it explains a lot of things.

Welcome to CABA Knighty, I'll look forward to reading a lot more posts from you. Cheers mate.Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread - Page 2 2614569260
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimbo Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:26 pm

Yeah I think Michu's issues are all about injuries and nothing about ability. If he was younger I'd say there's still hope (Steven Gerrard had some horrible injuries in his younger years, as did Alan Shearer) but at 29, it would take something spectacular for him to stay consistently fit and recapture his form.

Mind you, if he does do that, I'd rather it be with us than anyone else! Laughing
Kimbo
Kimbo
Private
Private

http://www.basementnoise.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Knighty5 Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:40 pm

Thanks for the welcome.

Michu season loan last season was ruined by injury, I can't see him having much of a future left. Swansea management radio conversations were very matter of fact that he won't play for them again. Legs gone.

Knighty5
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Knighty5 Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:43 pm

On another rumour, personally don't think Lescott brings much to the table other than experience. I'm sure its very much about the money for him. I like players with desire left.

Knighty5
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:37 pm

Knighty5 wrote:Thanks for the welcome.

Michu season loan last season was ruined by injury, I can't see him having much of a future left. Swansea management radio conversations were very matter of fact that he won't play for them again. Legs gone.

One to avoid, by the sound of it? I'm sure it's just paper talk anyway (I hope it is)
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg179avfc Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:21 pm

I still want the Breen Embolo speculation to come to fruition .... god hes a talent and would be as exciting as Adama. Throw in a couple of well known goal scorers and a "been there done that" centre back(Lescott) and i know we could push for mid table if not higher.
stevieg179avfc
stevieg179avfc
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg179avfc Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:33 pm

haden18 wrote:(side note, can I stop the emails notifying me of every reply lol?)
replied just to annoy you Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread - Page 2 3640643743
stevieg179avfc
stevieg179avfc
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:39 pm

Knighty5 wrote:On another rumour, personally don't think Lescott brings much to the table other than experience. I'm sure its very much about the money for him. I like players with desire left.

I tend to agree. We've got Richards, Clark, Okore and Baker all of whom I rate. I think Lescott's often been made to look better than he is by playing alongside some really good defenders throughout his career and he's getting on a bit now.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by haden18 Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:33 pm

stevieg179avfc wrote:
haden18 wrote:(side note, can I stop the emails notifying me of every reply lol?)
replied just to annoy you Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread - Page 2 3640643743

I turned off the notifications so eat it bitch lol! lol! Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread - Page 2 3640643743 Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread - Page 2 1777581109
haden18
haden18
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by ClarrieBlue Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:24 pm

Lescott linked in the Daily Star (I know). After seeing the first Palace goal I believe we need him to replace Clark

ClarrieBlue
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:42 pm

As much as it would be nice to grow our defence organically with the likes of Clarke, Baker and Okore at the back, it is very frustrating to watch us defends pretty well for most of a game but then concede soft goals all to easily. The soft goals continue to come from individuals weaknesses, aerial weakness and positioning, particularly from Clarke. Lescott is no spring chicken by any means but I think a partnership between him and Richards could work and would see us be aerially very strong, which is crucial, particularly against the lesser sides who will look to expose this weakness, when they play against us. In terms of a striker, I think we are in desperate need for a clever striker with great movement. With the likes of Grealish Gil and Traore in the side, we need a striker who can read their passes and also open up space for those guys to exploit. Haven't seen charlie Austin play that much, I know he's a great finisher but does anybody know whether his movement is decent?
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:12 am

Jim Villan wrote:As much as it would be nice to grow our defence organically with the likes of Clarke, Baker and Okore at the back, it is very frustrating to watch us defends pretty well for most of a game but then concede soft goals all to easily. The soft goals continue to come from individuals weaknesses, aerial weakness and positioning, particularly from Clarke. Lescott is no spring chicken by any means but I think a partnership between him and Richards could work and would see us be aerially very strong, which is crucial, particularly against the lesser sides who will look to expose this weakness, when they play against us. In terms of a striker, I think we are in desperate need for a clever striker with great movement. With the likes of Grealish Gil and Traore in the side, we need a striker who can read their passes and also open up space for those guys to exploit. Haven't seen charlie Austin play that much, I know he's a great finisher but does anybody know whether his movement is decent?

Charlie Austin lacks real pace, so relies on clever movement and industry, with a predatory instinct. I guess a little like Darren Bent, but with a higher work rate for me. Very similar to Danny Ings IMO would fit in really well written the guys you've highlighted to provide the chances and link up play. I also think the Adebayor TS got playing at Spurs would work really well with those guys, it's all dependent on what EA you get though. Austin is the safer option. I'd like either. I wouldn't put it past Tim to have an ace up his sleeve, especially as he's apparently said tonight it's "unlikely" they'll be anyone else coming in.

I expect 2 more, possibly three of both loan places are filled. What does everyone else think?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:28 am

I really don't rate Clarke at all & don't understand why so many fans do. He's a good back up & could grow in to a decent defender at some point but he is so prone to mistakes & most lead to goal scoring opportunities.
We need a quality CB who can organise this new defense along with a quality striker who can score at least 15 goals a season (don't want much).
The 2 players that could really help in both departments are Lescott & Austin and seem to be available.
gdav
gdav
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next