www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Villa Manager and his Coaching Staff

+5
Lionheart
Chris Harte
GadgetMan
Kimbo
lukevilla
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Villa Manager and his Coaching Staff Empty The Villa Manager and his Coaching Staff

Post by GadgetMan Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:46 pm

What do we think about the job Tim's done so far? Will Wilkins be a clever acquisition? Tony Parkes has a lot to say on the touchline doesn't he?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

The Villa Manager and his Coaching Staff Empty Re: The Villa Manager and his Coaching Staff

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:22 pm

Has anyone else noticed how knackered Tim Sherwood looks? I know he's a workaholic, but after just two games he looks wrecked! Is he going to get through the season in one piece? Very Happy
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

The Villa Manager and his Coaching Staff Empty Re: The Villa Manager and his Coaching Staff

Post by lukevilla Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:30 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Has anyone else noticed how knackered Tim Sherwood looks? I know he's a workaholic, but after just two games he looks wrecked! Is he going to get through the season in one piece? Very Happy

Hopefully the next international break sherwood can get a bit of a holiday as the transfer window will then be closed!

lukevilla
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimbo Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:33 pm

He does look like he needs sleep! Mind you I thought he'd already started to look like that towards the end of the season. Bloody hell, I've felt pressure managing a 5-a-side team, I can't even imagine what being a Premier League manager is like

The Villa Manager and his Coaching Staff 3640643743

I'll say this though - I doubt any Premier League club has worked as hard as our staff this summer, not just Sherwood but overall.

Okay it was needed, but the point is they've still gone ahead and done it.
Kimbo
Kimbo
Private
Private

http://www.basementnoise.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:37 pm

Kimbo wrote:He does look like he needs sleep! Mind you I thought he'd already started to look like that towards the end of the season. Bloody hell, I've felt pressure managing a 5-a-side team, I can't even imagine what being a Premier League manager is like

The Villa Manager and his Coaching Staff 3640643743

I'll say this though - I doubt any Premier League club has worked as hard as our staff this summer, not just Sherwood but overall.

Okay it was needed, but the point is they've still gone ahead and done it.
That's a fair point, there wasn't a 'take it easy option' was there. As a former League winning manager with the Green Goblins in the Droitwich Sunday 5 a side league, I can tell you that being a manager is dead easy! Very Happy cheers
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:38 pm

this time last year we had lambert and keane now we have sherwood and wilkins! Enough said! LOL

lukevilla
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:12 pm

lukevilla wrote:this time last year we had lambert and keane now we have sherwood and wilkins! Enough said! LOL

Very true, I feel far more confident having that duo in place. Those two still give me nightmares *shudder* Do you think Wilkins will prove a shrewd move by TS?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:37 pm

The fact that Sherwood got results from the squad that Lambert assembled and failed to get results with gives me hope for the future. It is too early to know how we'll do though - there are too many unknowns; how Sherwood is at assembling a squad; the actual quality of the players that he's signed.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:16 am

I think by the time we've got another half a dozen games under our belts we should see a Villa team. At the moment it's a collection of potentially exciting individuals.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimbo Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:35 pm

I still have question marks over Sherwood if I'm being honest. Will take a bit of time before I'm sure either way on certain things, but right now I definitely still have question marks.
Kimbo
Kimbo
Private
Private

http://www.basementnoise.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:59 pm

Me too. I like him, I think he has a good eye for young talent and think the players probably love playing for him but I have nagging doubts. We didn't half fall off a cliff form wise towards the end of last season for whatever reason and sometimes I wonder about his selections. That said, this will be his first full season as a manager so it's understandable that he's still learning.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lionheart Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:14 pm

I have serious reservations about why he still plays Gabby, who is at best a championship player.
Lionheart
Lionheart
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:02 pm

Team selection, shape and minute by minute awareness during a game need to improve for me. He's got the charisma, he talks the talk, so now he needs time to walk the walk.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:59 am

Our coaching staff need to put some serious work into our defending. At the moment we may have to score three goals to win a match, and that isn't a plan.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Morddred Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:18 pm

I think that our manager is still learning how to do his job, if he gets better then so will we but if he doesn't learn from his mistakes then it will cost us dear.
Morddred
Morddred
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next