www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager

4 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager Empty Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager

Post by Sandie Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:32 pm

As it's now CONFIRMED it's time for a thread to chart RDM's time as Villa manager. Let's hope it's a long and successful one.

Welcome Roberto!

Last edited by Sandie on Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager Empty Re: Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:52 pm

A presto Roberto .... Benissimo!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager Empty Re: Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager

Post by Sandie Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:03 pm

Interesting insight here: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/heres-aston-villa-boss-roberto-11421446

Schalke sound a bit like Lerner-era Villa, albeit a bit less unsuccessful.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:30 pm

Here's a list of players he signed whilst at West Brom and Chelsea: http://www.theclaretandbluearmy.com/t137p180-who-s-next#9033

An indication of what to expect?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:54 pm

Sandie wrote:Interesting insight here: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/heres-aston-villa-boss-roberto-11421446

Schalke sound a bit like Lerner-era Villa, albeit a bit less unsuccessful.
There are a lot of similarities. I wonder whether Lombardo was a good enough number two? I've seen a couple of pictures of him slumped in the dug out while Di Matteo Shouts the team on.

This is why I feel that Clarke"s appointment is key. We need total professionalism.

villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:21 pm

I think part of the problem at Schalke was the structure he came into. A rapid turnover of managers means you end up with a hotch potch of players brought in by managers with different intentions. Whether he likes it or not with us RDM will HAVE to build pretty much his own team to fulfill his own plan by scratch.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:14 pm

Sandie wrote:I think part of the problem at Schalke was the structure he came into. A rapid turnover of managers means you end up with a hotch potch of players brought in by managers with different intentions. Whether he likes it or not with us RDM will HAVE to build pretty much his own team to fulfill his own plan by scratch.
I think you've summed up Villa's problem with no coherent buying strategy.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:50 am

I hope our new leadership are more thoughtful about things than Lerner proved to be. Lerner was 'make a bad appointment -> let him sign players -> Sack him -> Repeat'.

I have a slight fear - nothing more than that - that the club will be put under tremendous pressure to make an immediate Premier League return ignoring the need for a complete rebuilding job and consequent time that's required for that to gel. Putting managers under tremendous pressure to earn promotion and us ending up getting caught in the cycle of annual managerial changes again. RDM needs to get promotion straight off the bat.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:56 am

RDM has just twenty four months on his contract, so he needs to get things right immediately. It's a huge ask, because you're right Sandie the patient team building is now a thing of the past. The amount of money available to successful teams means that a manager is given no time to build. It will be a case of throwing resources at the Villa problem and then coaching the team better than it's been coached before. It might work but it's not the perfect scenario.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:57 pm

Having been initially sceptical about RDM but I'm now thinking he's going to be a big part of bringing Aston Villa back. We're on the way back folks!
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:24 am

He's been able to pick his first choice coaching team, and he's got a full pre season to get the squad firing on all cylinders. Pure luxury in comparison with the way previous managers have had to operate.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:43 am

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~5650408,00.html?

I like the word "happiness". We've been starved of it for too long.

I also like his reaction to Tony Xia's "plans" for Villa. Exciting times! cheers
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:07 pm

It was always going to be superlative overload at an initial presser but good to hear some positivity nonetheless.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:32 pm

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:02 am

Every club has rules, as did Villa last season. We didn't have strong enough management to enforce those rules.

It will be different this season.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next