www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager

4 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager - Page 6 Empty Re: Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager

Post by Sandie Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:52 pm

Hmmm... For someone to merit getting time they need to be taking things in the right direction whereas we seem to be going backwards (since the early parts of the season) under the Regular Draw Merchant.

The only thing giving RDM more time will do is complicate any quest for promotion this season.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager - Page 6 Empty Re: Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager

Post by South London Villan Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:11 pm

I think the good Dr won't act too hastily. I can see RDM getting pressure but I don't think he will get the sack. His advisers will be showing him the Derby model and the amount of managers and interference from owners that has happened there, Nottingham Forest as well.

I am trying to stay positive, whilst underwhelmed at his appointment I look at the players we have now and I don't think Pearson or Moyes would have recruited or acheived much better
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:41 pm

Aye, the two other managers we supposedly looked to have done even worse than RDM has.

It might be worth giving him a bit of extra time if only to wait for the telegraph to finish publishing their findings which could rule out potential appointments.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:57 am

Dr T has done a motivational video for the players at RDM's request apparently. That should earn RDM some brownie points!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:34 pm

Aye, it always pays to play to your boss's ego!
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:15 pm

I know if I was sticking to what I said previously, RDM would need to win two of the next three games.

But balls to that now. I'm sick to death of Villa not winning. Pack your bags, Roberto. One win in eleven is not good enough.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:20 pm

Chris Harte wrote:I know if I was sticking to what I said previously, RDM would need to win two of the next three games.

But balls to that now. I'm sick to death of Villa not winning. Pack your bags, Roberto. One win in eleven is not good enough.
One win in eleven and four harder teams to play after the international break. Dr T has to act now!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:01 pm

He's got to go.

I think I said a few weeks ago that playing Westwood will get him the sack and if the axe does fall soon it will be true. Him getting picked today was baffling in the extreme and he rewarded that with being culpable for the second goal.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:29 pm

There is absolutely no sensible reason for allowing RDM to continue .... and to be totally honest the sooner I can stop typing the three letters R .. D .. M, the sooner my blood pressure can get back to somewhere near normal!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:18 pm

So who do we think of turning to?

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:31 pm

I think that our hard core fan brigade will make it difficult to employ Steve Bruce, but he's the obvious no nonsense professional who would steady the ship and start to give the players confidence again. I think he's probably been approached already. As I said I worry about a percentage of fans who would give him a hard time even if he was successful. Based on the fact that a number of fans seem to hate Birmingham City more than they love the Villa.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:43 pm

I've always had a lot of time for Steve Bruce. I recall being sat behind the dugouts for a game against Hull a couple of years back and him getting a bit of stick but credit to the chap he took it in good grace and even played to it a bit waving at the stands etc. In spite of everything I think he'd love to get the job too.

I would be happy if he was appointed but agree that some fans wouldn't like him.

Stan Collymore is banging the drum for Nigel Pearson.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:54 pm

Sandie wrote:I've always had a lot of time for Steve Bruce. I recall being sat behind the dugouts for a game against Hull a couple of years back and him getting a bit of stick but credit to the chap he took it in good grace and even played to it a bit waving at the stands etc. In spite of everything I think he'd love to get the job too.

I would be happy if he was appointed but agree that some fans wouldn't like him.

Stan Collymore is banging the drum for Nigel Pearson.
Pearson has a psychotic personality imo. He can't hold it together in front of the cameras so imagine what he's like away from the public on the training ground. It appears he's about to get the sack from his job for his unacceptable behaviour. The guy's a ticking time bomb.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:51 pm

"There's a team here that is good, it will come good for us.

"We will keep working. I have faith in the team, I believe in the team and I think that, come the end of the season, they will be up there.

"It's been a bad day at the office for sure. We are 10 points from sixth place so it's still all possible.

"It's normal that when the results of the team aren't what you expect, the results will be questioned. That's part of our job."

He's living in cloud cuckoo land.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:54 am

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next