www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager

4 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager - Page 4 Empty Re: Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:19 pm

I've just had a pint of Stella and it's gone down a treat. Now I feel like a good Di Matteo rant, but instead of that I think I'll open a second pint can and chill till I'm mellow (there's a couple of backups if I don't get mellow enough.Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager - Page 4 3640643743

Villa are pants, but I'm not going to worry about it for the next couple of hours! Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager - Page 4 2614569260 Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager - Page 4 48398843 Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager - Page 4 205019816 Wine!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager - Page 4 Empty Re: Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager

Post by Sandie Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:50 pm

Enjoy your evening Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager - Page 4 2614569260

It's bad enough they ruin a couple of hours each weekend without letting them take over the whole weekend with it.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:38 pm

Sandie wrote:Enjoy your evening Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager - Page 4 2614569260

It's bad enough they ruin a couple of hours each weekend without letting them take over the whole weekend with it.
Nice one Sandie, I'm going to enjoy myself! Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager - Page 4 4288271622
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:15 am

C'mon Roberto, surprise us on Saturday with a really vibrant team performance! Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager - Page 4 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:51 pm

We nearly had that in the game against Forest (25 shots on goal) but still failed to take the points. A win - however achieved - on Saturday would be great especially if it brings with it defensive solidity. We didn't concede against Ipswich but (I've not seen the game) from what I hear we were very shaky in the final stages. With players like McCormack, Kodjia, Grealish, Gestede and Ayew at our disposal vibrancy is well within our means but defensive solidity seems to be outside of our grasp on the evidence of the season so far.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:58 pm

The last ten to fifteen minutes against Ipswich were horrendous. We were so lucky not to concede two or more goals. That was on the back of 80 minutes of negative play with a bit of 'hit and hope' thrown in.

Our home fans will not accept that on Saturday.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:17 pm

Could some of our collapses (particularly against Forest) have knocked player and management confidence and thus explain our greater negativity (particularly against Ipswich)?

I think what RDM has missed is what is the root of our problems. Central midfield.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:01 pm

I agree with centre mid being a major problem. Removing an ineffective Westwood from the middle will go a long way to making us tougher to run through. Does RDM agree? I'll wait and see.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:39 pm

Removing Westwood is necessary but the bigger question is who will replace him? Our best option is the inexperienced and injury prone Tshibola. Lyden and Jedinak together would be too defensive, Gardner made Westwood look good during his time in the team and that's about the limit of our options.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:11 pm

It was a huge oversight during the transfer window. Statistically we haven't won games that Westwood has played in. That's not coincidence.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:35 pm

I posted elsewhere on the forum that Di Matteo needs a minimum of two wins out of the next five for me.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:00 am

Aston Villa boss Roberto Di Matteo facing the axe just nine matches into his reign

Time will tell whether there is substance to this report but I've said before that the Doctor will not be patient. If we don't get a win in the next two I'd not be surprised to see him gone by the start of next week.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:17 am

If Tshibola hadn't scored that late equaliser I think a win at Barnsley would have been make or break for RDM. He now has perhaps five games maximum to start closing the gap towards the top end of the table imo.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:12 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:If Tshibola hadn't scored that late equaliser I think a win at Barnsley would have been make or break for RDM. He now has perhaps five games maximum to start closing the gap towards the top end of the table imo.

I've read a lot of Villa fan's opinions on other sites since I typed this post and I'm going to alter my time frame for RDM. He's had ten competitive matches and yet was still apparently clueless about who to pick and how to play only a few hours ago. He has to prove he knows what he's doing against Barnsley and Preston, and he has to get results (four points minimum). If he doesn't then these two matches are followed by a two week international break which would probably be the best time to replace him, if it has to be done.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:53 pm

Roberto Di Matteo facing two games to save his job at Aston Villa

Much as it seems too soon, an international break follows these two fixtures which would provide a good opportunity to carry out a change.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next