www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aston Villa V Manchester City: Sunday 8th November at 1:30PM

5 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

How will the Garde revolution start?

Aston Villa V Manchester City: Sunday 8th November at 1:30PM - Page 2 I_vote_lcap25%Aston Villa V Manchester City: Sunday 8th November at 1:30PM - Page 2 Empty 25% 
[ 1 ]
Aston Villa V Manchester City: Sunday 8th November at 1:30PM - Page 2 I_vote_lcap25%Aston Villa V Manchester City: Sunday 8th November at 1:30PM - Page 2 Empty 25% 
[ 1 ]
Aston Villa V Manchester City: Sunday 8th November at 1:30PM - Page 2 I_vote_lcap50%Aston Villa V Manchester City: Sunday 8th November at 1:30PM - Page 2 Empty 50% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

Aston Villa V Manchester City: Sunday 8th November at 1:30PM - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Villa V Manchester City: Sunday 8th November at 1:30PM

Post by GadgetMan Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:34 pm

Aston Villa V Manchester City: Sunday 8th November at 1:30PM - Page 2 Image27

Nice to finally see Gana, Sanchez and Veretout and Ayew and Sinclair upfront. Like the look of this team. Positive start Remi
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa V Manchester City: Sunday 8th November at 1:30PM - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Villa V Manchester City: Sunday 8th November at 1:30PM

Post by GadgetMan Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:35 pm

beat me to it again Sandie by a min or two. I'm just going to leave it to you Very Happy
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:44 pm

Can't knock that team at all, can we? Midfield diamond as I expected. Will look forward to seeing Gil and Veretout playing together. Also would hope Sinclair is well up for the chance of gunning down his old team.

Obviously we can't expect too much but the faint glimmer of hope of getting a result burns a lot brighter than it ever did under Sherwood.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:46 pm

I was pretty close with my team selection, not going to complain with that at all. We have a chance. This team has been universally accepted on Twitter too, hardly ever happens
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:46 pm

No Okore and Traore in the squad, but that will come hopefully. I suppose Remi can't change too much at once.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:50 pm

Might be fitness issues with those two considering their layoffs?

Just noticed N'Zogbia is on the bench. A surprise but maybe he's impressed Remi and bucked up his ideas for a new manager. He has always been one to blow hot and cold like that.

Also pleased to see no Gabby, not even the squad. Hopefully Garde has got his number.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:57 pm

Sandie wrote:Can't knock that team at all, can we? Midfield diamond as I expected. Will look forward to seeing Gil and Veretout playing together. Also would hope Sinclair is well up for the chance of gunning down his old team.

Obviously we can't expect too much but the faint glimmer of hope of getting a result burns a lot brighter than it ever did under Sherwood.

Yeah agreed. No complaints at all and quite remarkable that in 11 games Sherwood in "trying" to find the right team, wouldn't or couldn't pick this side. Bizarre!

Let's go out there and prove a lot of people wrong. Even if we lose today, let's just see some shape, purpose and intent!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:15 pm

It's just a shame that we only get this for this game which is obviously one of the toughest games we will face all season.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:30 pm

And we're off!

COME ON YOU LIONS!
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:36 pm

We've started well, looking very bright.

Lets see if we can keep it up.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:47 pm

Very suspect there from Guzan.

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:19 pm

Half time.

It was quite unlike Villa in that first half. Keeping possession and passing the ball which is something we've never seemed to sustain.

Gil and Amavi superb, Veretout hardworking. Proof of the questions we were asking about Sherwood and why he wasn't picking those guys being right. My one wee concern being up front, we've not had a shot on target yet, in spite of our possession and good play.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:21 pm

Much neater football with a discernible shape. Man City will probably have too much for us second half, but it's encouraging.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:25 pm

Sandie wrote:Half time.

It was quite unlike Villa in that first half. Keeping possession and passing the ball which is something we've never seemed to sustain.

Gil and Amavi superb, Veretout hardworking. Proof of the questions we were asking about Sherwood and why he wasn't picking those guys being right. My one wee concern being up front, we've not had a shot on target yet, in spite of our possession and good play.
We're probably in need of a couple of key players in January. At the moment scoring a goal will be a matter of luck.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:28 pm

Aye, still looking like we need a striker and a goalkeeper too. Probably a right back too though I'm not unhappy with Hutton's performance today.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next