www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aston Villa V Manchester City: Sunday 8th November at 1:30PM

5 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

How will the Garde revolution start?

Aston Villa V Manchester City: Sunday 8th November at 1:30PM - Page 3 I_vote_lcap25%Aston Villa V Manchester City: Sunday 8th November at 1:30PM - Page 3 Empty 25% 
[ 1 ]
Aston Villa V Manchester City: Sunday 8th November at 1:30PM - Page 3 I_vote_lcap25%Aston Villa V Manchester City: Sunday 8th November at 1:30PM - Page 3 Empty 25% 
[ 1 ]
Aston Villa V Manchester City: Sunday 8th November at 1:30PM - Page 3 I_vote_lcap50%Aston Villa V Manchester City: Sunday 8th November at 1:30PM - Page 3 Empty 50% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

Aston Villa V Manchester City: Sunday 8th November at 1:30PM - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa V Manchester City: Sunday 8th November at 1:30PM

Post by Sandie Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:39 pm

Guzan dodgy again there... affraid
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa V Manchester City: Sunday 8th November at 1:30PM - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa V Manchester City: Sunday 8th November at 1:30PM

Post by Sandie Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:39 pm

Then a great save right after!
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:51 pm

Bloody hell!

N'Zogbia on for Gil.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:59 pm

I know he's far from people's favourite player and I know I certainly wouldn't have thought to pick him but Charlie has certainly made a difference and made us a bit more incisive.

Bacuna on for Sinclair, we've gone 4-5-1 by the looks of things? Might be worth looking to put Gestede on as the one? Three crossers and his aerial prowess might be a good plan.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:03 pm

Delph coming on.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:09 pm

Gestede on for Ayew.

Ayew put a shift in. Taking his time coming off. Can Rudy get us a goal?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:24 pm

Unbelievable, we rode our luck, we played as a team and we got a point.

It makes you realise the role of a competent manager.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:44 pm

Well that was a point more than most of us expected and we definitely earned it. This came against the best team in the country so think just what we will be like against lower teams. Certainly plenty of reasons to be cheerful and even hopeful.

The think that stuck out most to me was our defensive organization. Both Clark and particularly Richards were great and defended manfully. Hutton was really good too, he must have paid attention to what VB was saying about him as he was doing less attacking and more defending and did well against Sterling and Co. Amavi was excellent too, attacked very well and gave no answer to why on earth Sherwood decided Richardson was a better option. The reason this leapt out to me was that lots had been said about what Remi would improve in an attacking sense and a midfield sense (his attacking, passing philosophy) but no real mention of defensive organization which was simply outstanding today and against City it needed to be.

Elsewhere, Gil and Veretout impressed. Why didn't Sherwood use them more? I thought Veretout worked hard and was one of the more impressive central midfielders on display today. This against one of the best teams in the country. Also think that N'Zogbia deserves a mention. He's been well out of the picture and most of us would not have expected to see him make an appearance but he did and it was an impressive one. He was really incisive and gave us something different? Anyone think he can have a role for us or is it just the usual N'Zogbia blowing hot and cold thing?

I also thought that Garde showed flexibility. Sure, we started off and played most of the game with a passing side with lots of good ball players but later on as he decided it might be worth trying something different to get a goal and possibly shore things up so we went to the 4-5-1 with N'Zogbia and Bacuna wide and later on Gestede up front which gave us a bright spell after our original set up had faded. A flexible manager who changes things! Quite a difference from Sherwood who would set the team up then end up scratching his head when the opposition changed things and it cost us the game!

I know we continue to be bottom but where would we be had we had a proper manager since the start of the season? If Garde had been our manager from day one I don't think we'd find ourselves where we are. Still, it's early days yet and who knows what the following 26 games will hold but I am buzzing all the same after today.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:48 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Unbelievable, we rode our luck, we played as a team and we got a point.

Like I said at half time today was quite unlike us. Not just under Sherwood but under Lambert and going back even further still. Can we maintain that?

I do think we need to find some kind of 'goalie whisperer' though. Guzan had a couple of wobbles and even if we replace him in January we still need him to help keep us up in the 2 months until then. I think it might be partly a confidence issue to be honest so not something impossible to deal with.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:58 pm

Sandie wrote:Well that was a point more than most of us expected and we definitely earned it. This came against the best team in the country so think just what we will be like against lower teams. Certainly plenty of reasons to be cheerful and even hopeful.

The think that stuck out most to me was our defensive organization. Both Clark and particularly Richards were great and defended manfully. Hutton was really good too, he must have paid attention to what VB was saying about him as he was doing less attacking and more defending and did well against Sterling and Co. Amavi was excellent too, attacked very well and gave no answer to why on earth Sherwood decided Richardson was a better option. The reason this leapt out to me was that lots had been said about what Remi would improve in an attacking sense and a midfield sense (his attacking, passing philosophy) but no real mention of defensive organization which was simply outstanding today and against City it needed to be.

Elsewhere, Gil and Veretout impressed. Why didn't Sherwood use them more? I thought Veretout worked hard and was one of the more impressive central midfielders on display today. This against one of the best teams in the country. Also think that N'Zogbia deserves a mention. He's been well out of the picture and most of us would not have expected to see him make an appearance but he did and it was an impressive one. He was really incisive and gave us something different? Anyone think he can have a role for us or is it just the usual N'Zogbia blowing hot and cold thing?

I also thought that Garde showed flexibility. Sure, we started off and played most of the game with a passing side with lots of good ball players but later on as he decided it might be worth trying something different to get a goal and possibly shore things up so we went to the 4-5-1 with N'Zogbia and Bacuna wide and later on Gestede up front which gave us a bright spell after our original set up had faded. A flexible manager who changes things! Quite a difference from Sherwood who would set the team up then end up scratching his head when the opposition changed things and it cost us the game!

I know we continue to be bottom but where would we be had we had a proper manager since the start of the season? If Garde had been our manager from day one I don't think we'd find ourselves where we are. Still, it's early days yet and who knows what the following 26 games will hold but I am buzzing all the same after today.
Good post.

Ayew put in a real shift, which took the pressure off our midfield to some extent. Veretout was stand out today not just for his work rate, but for his willingness to play the awkward angled ball, even when it doesn't come off. Sanchez was another unsung hero for me, and Hutton showed that he can defend when he's in a position to.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:39 pm

I did not think we had a cat in hells chance of getting anything today. Well done Remi Garde and all the Villa players .... thanks for making my day. Aston Villa V Manchester City: Sunday 8th November at 1:30PM - Page 3 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:39 pm

Agree with all of the above. Organization was the complete difference today. Every player on the field was given a role an played for one another rather than idividuals. When play broke down we were quick to see players get back into their positions and see formation. We played a holding midfielder as an actual holding midfielder sitting in between the midfield and screening the defence, as opposed to 3 centrals midfielders all holding hands sitting ontop of our defence. What a novelty seeing players play in their actual positions. Sanchez Hutton vertout Ayew all in their proper postions in fact every single player playing in their prefered role, its not rocket science its basic stuff but refreshing to see. This result will breed confidence, you could see the players were pumped at the end of the game, Guzan should benefit greatly and in turn so will the defence for collectively keeping a clean sheet and this is where we need to build from. Today's game proved that if you stay in a game long enough one or two chance will come you way which can give us the oportunity to nick some wins. Great to see Nzogbia being used, for me he was one of the best players for sherwood in some of the performances which got us out of trouble back end of last season, game against westbrom notably. If traore isnt ready yet then Nzogbia will at least give us a conventional wing option from either side if needed...... if motivated! A perfect start for me as this was never going to be a winable game considering how low confidence was in the squad. Will be intresting to see how we can now take this on in the games against watford and everton, 4 points anyone?
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:10 pm

Jim Villan wrote:Agree with all of the above. Organization was the complete difference today. Every player on the field was given a role an played for one another rather than idividuals. When play broke down we were quick to see players get back into their positions and see formation. We played a holding midfielder as an actual holding  midfielder sitting in between the midfield and screening the defence, as opposed to 3 centrals midfielders all holding hands sitting ontop of our defence. What a novelty seeing players play in their actual positions. Sanchez Hutton vertout Ayew all in their proper postions in fact every single player playing in their prefered role, its not rocket science its basic stuff but refreshing to see. This result will breed confidence, you could see the players were pumped at the end of the game, Guzan should benefit greatly and in turn so will the defence for collectively keeping a clean sheet and this is where we need to build from. Today's game proved that if you stay in a game long enough one or two chance will come you way which can give us the oportunity to nick some wins. Great to see Nzogbia being used, for me he was one of the best players for sherwood in some of the performances which got us out of trouble back end of last season, game against westbrom notably. If traore isnt ready yet then Nzogbia will at least give us a conventional wing option from either side if needed...... if motivated! A perfect start for me as this was never going to be a winable game considering how low confidence was in the squad. Will be intresting to see how we can now take this on in the games against watford and everton, 4 points anyone?
Spot on .... 4 points from our next two games would have sounded ridiculous ten days ago .... but so would a 0-0 draw against one of the best teams in Europe. Let's not get carried away, but I'm starting to believe! Aston Villa V Manchester City: Sunday 8th November at 1:30PM - Page 3 4288271622
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:19 pm

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:00 pm

Sorry a bit late, been poorly. A Great point, could really see a pattern and shape to the play, odd seeing actual organisation and tactics being used.

We were more expansive first half and then adapted and tightened it as man city pushed for the goal and we tired. All the subs were made at the right time and were the right ones and made a difference. Can't ask for more than that.

Super start for Remi. Just get the feeling this man will walk the walk and not just talk it. UTV
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next