www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?!

+19
avfcff1982
MT151169
GadgetMan
Morddred
The Bald Eagle
Leafs1201
South London Villan
Chris Harte
gaffer85
Joelleen
Sandie
thereich
AndyD
danclare82
Lawty
Jimmycarr
stevieg179avfc
Amar
lukevilla
23 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?! - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?!

Post by South London Villan Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:56 pm

Evening all, 42 life long Villan, once mascot against Wolves in the cup 1983. Family of Villans, living in hope, exiled to the Big Smoke in 94.
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?! - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?!

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:09 pm

South London Villan wrote:Evening all, 42 life long Villan, once mascot against Wolves in the cup 1983. Family of Villans, living in hope, exiled to the Big Smoke in 94.

Hey SLV, good to have you around matey. You're views will be very welcome on here Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?! - Page 3 4288271622
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:10 am

Hi All, Leafs1201 here and recognise some names from other forums, been a Villa fan for the last 38 years, favourite all time player without a doubt is Gary Shaw and current fave must be Amavi although I think Gueye is going to be a close second, anyway UTV & S.O.T.C
Leafs1201
Leafs1201
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:19 am

Leafs1201 wrote:Hi All, Leafs1201 here and recognise some names from other forums, been a Villa fan for the last 38 years, favourite all time player without a doubt is Gary Shaw and current fave must be Amavi although I think Gueye is going to be a close second, anyway UTV & S.O.T.C
Hi Leafs, good to have you join us. I met Gary Shaw in hospitality at the end of last season, he still looks surprisingly youthful. Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?! - Page 3 4288271622

villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:20 am

GadgetMan wrote:
South London Villan wrote:Evening all, 42 life long Villan, once mascot against Wolves in the cup 1983. Family of Villans, living in hope, exiled to the Big Smoke in 94.

Hey SLV, good to have you around matey. You're views will be very welcome on here Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?! - Page 3 4288271622

I'll echo GM's comments, I'm delighted you've signed up! Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?! - Page 3 2614569260
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:21 am

villabromsgrove wrote:
Leafs1201 wrote:Hi All, Leafs1201 here and recognise some names from other forums, been a Villa fan for the last 38 years, favourite all time player without a doubt is Gary Shaw and current fave must be Amavi although I think Gueye is going to be a close second, anyway UTV & S.O.T.C
Hi Leafs, good to have you join us. I met Gary Shaw in hospitality at the end of last season, he still looks surprisingly youthful. Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?! - Page 3 4288271622

Hi VB, wish we still had someone like him up front, could solve our lightweight issues we have there.
Leafs1201
Leafs1201
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:32 am

Leafs1201 wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:

Hi VB, wish we still had someone like him up front, could solve our lightweight issues we have there.
He was an icon even with bad knees. Get posting Leafs we need some good discussion. Very Happy
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Morddred Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:41 am

Hi all,
The names Fergal, been a Villa supporter as long as I can remember and that includes the dim dark days of the old 3rd division.
Morddred
Morddred
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:50 am

Hi leafs good to have you here mate. I too recognise you from other forums. Hopefully as this grows you'll love it here. Only day 2 however we've had a lot of great new posters sign up. When I was tiny and first went to VP (with my crate to stand on) Gary Shaw was also my hero, if only I'd seen more of him, he'd be in my greatest XI such a shame those knees gave out. I used to wear no8 when I was little just because he did. Like you I love Amavi!! Sheer quality. See you on the topics Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?! - Page 3 205019816
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:51 am

Fergal wrote:Hi all,
The names Fergal, been a Villa supporter as long as I can remember and that includes the dim dark days of the old 3rd division.
Welcome Fergal, old 3rd division memories qualify you for a 'long suffering fan ' badge. Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?! - Page 3 4288271622
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:52 am

Hi Fergal, I recognise the name and have seen you on other forums. Welcome to Claret and Blue Army. I don't recall the 3rd division days, however I know we broke all kind of attendance records for fans, such was the loyalty. Good to have you here!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Morddred Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:59 am

Looking back with young rose tinted glasses they were great days. Massive crowds, football played by players who cared more about playing that hairstyles. Sneaking in, crap hotdogs, standing and crowd surges, toilets little more that a corrugated fence leading into an over filled drain...
Morddred
Morddred
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bald Eagle Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:02 pm

I am named after one of my favourite players, Andy Lochhead. Have been going since the 60s so have seen the highs and lows that make the club so unique. From Division 3 to European Champions in 10 years.
The Bald Eagle
The Bald Eagle
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Morddred Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:07 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Welcome Fergal, old 3rd division memories qualify you for a 'long suffering fan ' badge. Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?! - Page 3 4288271622
Brilliant highs and desperate lows, wouldn't have missed it for all the plastic in Manchester.
Morddred
Morddred
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:13 pm

Fergal wrote:Looking back with young rose tinted glasses they were great days.  Massive crowds, football played by players who cared more about playing that hairstyles.  Sneaking in, crap hotdogs, standing and crowd surges, toilets little more that a corrugated fence leading into an over filled drain...

That's odd as I was only discussing crowd surges the other day. As a youngster I used to like to get to the front and many a time I was pulled up by stewards as everyone surged forwards. We need safe standing though. Lower Holte and lower North would be perfect. Re the other stuff you're right it was a lot different back then, even in the early 80's (my time) it was ALL about the football.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next