www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?!

+19
avfcff1982
MT151169
GadgetMan
Morddred
The Bald Eagle
Leafs1201
South London Villan
Chris Harte
gaffer85
Joelleen
Sandie
thereich
AndyD
danclare82
Lawty
Jimmycarr
stevieg179avfc
Amar
lukevilla
23 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?! - Page 4 Empty Re: Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?!

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:52 pm

The Bald Eagle wrote:I am named after one of my favourite players, Andy Lochhead. Have been going since the 60s so have seen the highs and lows that make the club so unique. From Division 3 to European Champions in 10 years.
Welcome to CABA Bald Eagle, your hero was the ultimate warrior. I've not seen a braver striker! Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?! - Page 4 4288271622
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?! - Page 4 Empty Re: Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?!

Post by Morddred Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:54 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
Fergal wrote:Looking back with young rose tinted glasses they were great days.  Massive crowds, football played by players who cared more about playing that hairstyles.  Sneaking in, crap hotdogs, standing and crowd surges, toilets little more that a corrugated fence leading into an over filled drain...

That's odd as I was only discussing crowd surges the other day. As a youngster I used to like to get to the front and many a time I was pulled up by stewards as everyone surged forwards. We need safe standing though. Lower Holte and lower North would be perfect. Re the other stuff you're right it was a lot different back then, even in the early 80's (my time) it was ALL about the football.
Remember that little blue wall with the iron poles on top? I used to be allowed to sit pitch side of those so I wouldn't be crushed.
Morddred
Morddred
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:16 am

Fergal wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
Fergal wrote:Looking back with young rose tinted glasses they were great days.  Massive crowds, football played by players who cared more about playing that hairstyles.  Sneaking in, crap hotdogs, standing and crowd surges, toilets little more that a corrugated fence leading into an over filled drain...

That's odd as I was only discussing crowd surges the other day. As a youngster I used to like to get to the front and many a time I was pulled up by stewards as everyone surged forwards. We need safe standing though. Lower Holte and lower North would be perfect. Re the other stuff you're right it was a lot different back then, even in the early 80's (my time) it was ALL about the football.
Remember that little blue wall with the iron poles on top?  I used to be allowed to sit pitch side of those so I wouldn't be crushed.

Yeah that rings a bell to me. I recall one game v arsenal I think? (Could be wrong) where the crowd kept surging forward and several of us were hauled out and on the dirt track behind the goal (in those days they then had wooden advertisement boards alongside the pitch) so we were behind these. Anyway Platt scored, I got pushed forward with my mate and we knocked the board over and Platt cake over and stood in front. I touched his boots and made it in to the season review VHS tape (as it was) I still have it. I'll have to find it and somehow upload the clip.

Great memories Very Happy
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by MT151169 Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:23 pm

Hi my name is Mark, I ve been going VP bout 40 yrs.Fave ever player is Sid.Best was of course McGrath. Like most sports,cricket,Golf+Horse Racing especially. UTV Very Happy

MT151169
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:06 pm

MT151169 wrote:Hi my name is Mark, I ve been going VP bout 40 yrs.Fave ever player is Sid.Best was of course McGrath. Like most sports,cricket,Golf+Horse Racing especially. UTV Very Happy
Welcome to CABA Mark. I'm always pleased to have another mature fan on board. I'm positively geriatric! Don't forget to drop plenty of references to the 70's/80's into your posts, to give old codgers like me a bit of pleasure. Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?! - Page 4 4288271622
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcff1982 Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:33 pm

Afternoon. Good luck with this forum, always good to chat all things Villa Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?! - Page 4 205019816

I was a part of one that was set up in the days of O'Leary, it lasted a few years, but Facebook and then Twitter came along and it dwindled away, but it's good to see a fresh one appear, I wish you every success.

Been a Villa supporter since my Dad, big Villa supporter, took me to a night match, I believe I was around 5 years old, the only memory I have of that, is the massive floodlights Very Happy never looked back.

Seen the bad times, Div 3 was a poke in the eye, I was at every home game, and most away. Great support in such crap times.

Was at Arsenal when we won the League in 81, brilliant day, missed the Euro final through work Sad

All time Villa hero......Dennis Mortimer, best midfielder who ever played in the Claret and Blue.

Anyway, I'll bore you no more Laughing UTV
avfcff1982
avfcff1982
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:44 pm

avfcff1982 wrote:Afternoon. Good luck with this forum, always good to chat all things Villa Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?! - Page 4 205019816

I was a part of one that was set up in the days of O'Leary, it lasted a few years, but Facebook and then Twitter came along and it dwindled away, but it's good to see a fresh one appear, I wish you every success.

Been a Villa supporter since my Dad, big Villa supporter, took me to a night match, I believe I was around 5 years old, the only memory I have of that, is the massive floodlights Very Happy never looked back.

Seen the bad times, Div 3 was a poke in the eye, I was at every home game, and most away. Great support in such crap times.

Was at Arsenal when we won the League in 81, brilliant day, missed the Euro final through work Sad  

All time Villa hero......Dennis Mortimer, best midfielder who ever played in the Claret and Blue.

Anyway, I'll bore you no more Laughing UTV
Welcome av82, I love your reference to an atmospheric VP with the old floodlights! Keep the posts coming .... I'll look forward to them with anticipation. Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?! - Page 4 2614569260
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Morddred Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:27 pm

I don't think I have ever recaptured the feeling of seeing the great AV floodlights lit up for a night game.
Morddred
Morddred
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:56 pm

Welcome Mark and AV82 Great to have you both here, sounds like you have some stories to tell. Will look forward to both your posts with interest. I too was another seduced by the AV lights, I wish we could get some back up, purely as an iconic marker to our past. How amazing would they look in the night sky again?

Anyway, I hope you enjoy what we're trying to build here on CABA. Here's' too many a good debate Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?! - Page 4 4288271622
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Lionheart Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:31 pm

Hi, just registered, the site looks great, and good luck with it. Hope it stays friendly, unlike some we all could mention. Wink
Lionheart
Lionheart
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:04 pm

Lionheart wrote:Hi, just registered, the site looks great, and good luck with it. Hope it stays friendly, unlike some we all could mention. Wink

Thanks very much and welcome Lionheart. Good to have you here. We'll be working on socks off to keep it friendly and above all else respectful and tolerant of views that differ to our own (It's easy to be friendly when you're all in agreement right?! Actually, maybe not on second thoughts haha) Rest assured, this will remain the top of our 'to do list' Look forward to reading your posts.

Same with all our newcomers, get posting and in no time we'll have a thriving Claret and Blue Army UTV Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?! - Page 4 205019816 Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?! - Page 4 1554986367 (love this Emoji it may show me as a wrestling geek though haha)
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:13 pm

The Bald Eagle wrote:I am named after one of my favourite players, Andy Lochhead. Have been going since the 60s so have seen the highs and lows that make the club so unique. From Division 3 to European Champions in 10 years.

Welcome!! I recognise the name off other forums, if you're the same one and not Jim Smith ha! Hope you enjoy posting on CABA!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Lionheart Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:43 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
Lionheart wrote:Hi, just registered, the site looks great, and good luck with it. Hope it stays friendly, unlike some we all could mention. Wink

Thanks very much and welcome Lionheart. Good to have you here. We'll be working on socks off to keep it friendly and above all else respectful and tolerant of views that differ to our own (It's easy to be friendly when you're all in agreement right?! Actually, maybe not on second thoughts haha) Rest assured, this will remain the top of our 'to do list' Look forward to reading your posts.

Same with all our newcomers, get posting and in no time we'll have a thriving Claret and Blue Army UTV Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?! - Page 4 205019816 Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?! - Page 4 1554986367 (love this Emoji it may show me as a wrestling geek though haha)

Cheers GadgetMan
Lionheart
Lionheart
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:22 pm

Welcome Lionheart, the one thing I can guarantee is that CABA will stay friendly, it is our most important criteria and one that will be maintained at all costs! Thanks for joining us. Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?! - Page 4 4288271622
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lionheart Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:42 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Welcome Lionheart, the one thing I can guarantee is that CABA will stay friendly, it is our most important criteria and one that will be maintained at all costs! Thanks for joining us. Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?! - Page 4 4288271622

Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?! - Page 4 4288271622
Lionheart
Lionheart
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next