www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ASTON VILLA V NOTTINGHAM FOREST

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What will happen against Forest?

ASTON VILLA V NOTTINGHAM FOREST - Page 2 I_vote_lcap100%ASTON VILLA V NOTTINGHAM FOREST - Page 2 Empty 100% 
[ 4 ]
ASTON VILLA V NOTTINGHAM FOREST - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%ASTON VILLA V NOTTINGHAM FOREST - Page 2 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
ASTON VILLA V NOTTINGHAM FOREST - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%ASTON VILLA V NOTTINGHAM FOREST - Page 2 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

ASTON VILLA V NOTTINGHAM FOREST - Page 2 Empty Re: ASTON VILLA V NOTTINGHAM FOREST

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:18 pm

I'm missing the 3pm Saturday kickoff! Very Happy
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

ASTON VILLA V NOTTINGHAM FOREST - Page 2 Empty Re: ASTON VILLA V NOTTINGHAM FOREST

Post by Sandie Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:31 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:We have individually better players in this league than all but Newcastle. We need to play to the strengths of these players rather than force them to adapt to the managers favoured system. If we do this then all that's left to do is BELIEVE!

If our players truly believe they're the better players and the better team, we can beat any one in this league.

I still think we are very suspect in a couple of key areas, namely central midfield and fullback. Attacking talent definitely rivals any other team though.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:46 pm

I agree with the two areas of potential weakness to which I would add keeper. Generally though we have a better class of player than other teams now, at least when our best first eleven is fully fit. We also have more striking options.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:10 pm

I suspect that Gollini might come good after his difficult start.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:59 pm

Sandie wrote:I suspect that Gollini might come good after his difficult start.
I think he will become a good keeper .... I worry about him learning his trade in a very important season for us. I hope he has a cracking match tomorrow.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:55 pm

I think the second would help with the first. Gollini hasn't been a complete disaster area, truth be told he's pulled off some good saves that have been ignored because of errors and pieces of bad luck. A really good game would settle the lad's nerves and maybe build some trust in him with fans. Another mistake and it might be time to give someone else a go.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:01 am

Finally we get to watch Villa play after two weeks of a meaningless international break. I'm really up for this one

ASTON VILLA V NOTTINGHAM FOREST - Page 2 205019816 C'mon Villa !!!!!!ASTON VILLA V NOTTINGHAM FOREST - Page 2 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:16 am

With Forest's all out attacking style under their new manager and our quality strikers there should be a few goals today .... bring it on!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:17 pm

ASTON VILLA V NOTTINGHAM FOREST - Page 2 Csezjn10

Gardner and Westwood again. FFS!
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:20 pm

Crikey, Eric Lichaj playing for Forest. There's a blast from the past!
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:37 pm

I was a fan of Lichaj. Very Happy

Injuries have dictated centre mid, but let's hope everybody pulls their weight today. I can't see anything but a Villa win! (kiss of death!)
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:41 pm

Adomah's niggle has kept him out of the squad. Let's hope he and Jedinak start on Wednesday against Brentford.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:44 pm

Lichaj wasn't brilliant but he probably wasn't much worse (maybe even a little better) than some of the right backs who kept him out or that we've had subsequently.

As for the result, I too was convinced of a win though there doesn't seem to be two words that can make my heart sink as much as Westwood or Gardner. It's time for those two to shit or get off the pot.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:45 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Adomah's niggle has kept him out of the squad. Let's hope he and Jedinak start on Wednesday against Brentford.

Indeed. Was just about to ask what had happened to Adomah.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:15 pm

That first half has just demonstrated that we've got some decent individual footballers at this level, but we're nowhere near being a team.

Di Matteo's insistence on keeping it tight and narrow means that Forest can easily pack the space between the half way line and their box with bodies. There is no supply coming in so individuals are trying to make their own opportunities.

We need to change our shape so that we spread the Forest defence.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next