www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aston Villa v Nottingham Forest 5:30pm (SKY)

3 posters

Go down

Aston Villa v Nottingham Forest 5:30pm (SKY) Empty Aston Villa v Nottingham Forest 5:30pm (SKY)

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:59 am

It's time to play expansive football! Does that mean that Hutton's coming back with Kodjia for a bit of hit and hope? Forest have got a decent manager in Mark Warburton. Both teams lost in the cup this week, but equally both teams will be very different today in terms of personnel.

We're at home, we have the better players, we should win .... but will we?

You'll notice I've given up writing long essays on my hopes and dreams come match day. Thanks Steve!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Nottingham Forest 5:30pm (SKY) Empty Re: Aston Villa v Nottingham Forest 5:30pm (SKY)

Post by Jim Villan Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:51 pm

I'm looking forward to the match and for the first time in a long time I think we should have genuine reason to be excited about our starting line up. Bruce should name the same team that started against Barnsley and within that side we have some very decent attacking options, it's about keeping this team together now and getting them to form little partnerships all over the pitch and when they all gel together I think we're going to be UNSTOPABLE!!!!
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Nottingham Forest 5:30pm (SKY) Empty Re: Aston Villa v Nottingham Forest 5:30pm (SKY)

Post by Jim Villan Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:53 pm

There we go I've gone and been positive and this is usually the point when Villa serve me a huge dollop of disappointment pie with extra cream!!! Right I'm going for a loss in the prediction thread for today, just to restore the balance!!!
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:23 pm

We should be really excited about the attacking possibilities of these players. 4-4-2, two wingers, two strikers, two creative midfielders, an experienced defence ................. and a confused manager dragging along behind like a bl**dy great anchor, dragging them back!!!!!!!!!!!

2-1 Villa despite Bruce. Aston Villa v Nottingham Forest 5:30pm (SKY) 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:38 pm

2-1 Villa despite Bruce.

Any idea on the numbers for Tuesday's EuroMillions draw? Wink
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:07 am

Sandie wrote:
2-1 Villa despite Bruce.

Any idea on the numbers for Tuesday's EuroMillions draw? Wink
If only! Very Happy
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:55 pm

We are now in the heady heights of 9th.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:27 pm

It's nose bleed time! Very Happy
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:23 pm

9th heady heights indeed. It's starting to look better. you could look at the last couple of games and think, we've won them without playing well. Are we starting to see that we have better players than most of the teams in the league and that extra bit of individual quality, is starting to show? Or have we faced two average sides who had off days in which Sam Johnston has been in fine form in both games? Whether your glass half full or glass half empty, undoubtedly the signs are positive that this team will get better as long as Bruce doesn't tinker too much. We have a couple of players who aren't in full flow yet i.e. Kodja and Snodgrass. I'm sensing that the players are starting to draw a bit of confidence from each other and Kodja is instrumental in that as he is obviously one of the most talented players if not the most talented player in the division. If we can go on and get good results against Burton and Bolton it might just light the blue touch paper!!!!! UTV
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:52 am

Burton and Bolton have to be wins if we're serious about chasing promotion. We have to beat teams like these convincingly, because when we play better teams next month we'll need the confidence.

I loved the way Forest played like a team even though they made a couple of key errors. Villa looked poorly coached in comparison, but it was obvious which team had the better players.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:25 am

I think we will win the next two. Where we go from there is anyone's guess.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:44 pm

I'm sure we'll beat Bolton. I hope we'll beat Burton, but I'm not so convinced about the result of this match.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down